“Great Hotel in nice spot”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Hotel in nice spot”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012; this is a newer Hampton and is located basically at I-5 and s. 320th st in Federal Way (exit 143).

First off the location of this hotel is great if you want do anything in the Seattle or Tacoma area. It's closer to Tacoma of course but not that far to Seattle too. The hotel itself is very close to I-5 and as other reviewers had mentioned, we requested a room on the side of the hotel away from the I-5 side. It was perfectly quiet. I can't comment on how noisy the highway traffic is on the other side as we didn't stay on that side, but I can say there are endless amounts of cars passing by.

The room was great, and the breakfast area is nice and large, lots of tables and room to find a place to sit. Breakfast (included) food was like most other Hamptons I have stayed in - and that means very good to excellent. Beds were very comfy and our family of 4 slept great. Kids loved the indoor pool but wished it was a bit warmer (really, the pool temp was just fine, but they always like it a bit warmer if possible).

What is really nice about this hotel is that it is located in a spot in Federal Way that gives you great highway access, lots of restaurants close by (tons really) and you can walk to all of them if you like. Also walk able is the commons mall with many shops as well.

While we stayed here we went to Point Defiance zoo in Tacoma, and we also went to Steel Lake park which is 5 mins away and has a great playground for kids and a nice lake. Both were great.

We fully intend to return to this hotel in the future as it is a great spot to be near Seattle or Tacoma without being IN those cities (and paying the premium for it). For what you get, quality accommodations, newer hotel, great location, and the great prices, this can't be beat.

Room Tip: You might want to stay on the side of the hotel away from I-5 as it might be noisier but I can't...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I stopped by for a one night stay on a weekend trip to Seattle and Tacoma. The hotel is just off the interstate and easy to find. Check-in was quick and smooth parking was free and lighted. We rented a 2 queen suite room ( I have 3 small children) and there was room for our 2 pack and plays and the hide-a-bed pulled out. Duvet covers instead of comforters are always a plus. The kids and I used the pool and it was great for my 2 and 3 year olds. There was a continental breakfast with eggs, sausage and many cereals, oatmeal, and fruit available (something for everyone) I had no problems with our stay, the staff was friendly and the accommodations were great. We will be staying again when traveling around Seattle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Federal Way on our recent trip to Seattle area and loved it . The staff was so friendly and accommodating we felt like they were family. Each day that made sure we had a great breakfast and directions, maps and ideas before heading out to tour. Each evening we were welcomed by the friendly staff who were nice enough to ask how our day went and what did we get to see. They also made reservations for us at a nice restaurant on the waterfront our first evening there. The bed was comfortable, the parking ample, the food and location great and like I said the staff amazing. I would highly recommend this Hotel as well as I hope we can stay there again in the future. We loved it.

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms but ours was on the third floor and it was by the interstate but the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Park City, Utah
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First thing off, I LOVE the little post-it notes they put on the bed headboards stating that they have freshly cleaned the duvets. The front desk staff was average, generically friendly, but it didn't bother me at all. Good stay and good rest! Thank you!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ok I stayed here for 2 nights. Got in late was up early and back late, my room was so nice. The hotel is much larger than the average Hampton, with a very nice entry area where they do a managers reception during the week. The room I had was a king suite, it was an upgrade but for an extra $20 it was worth it. desk in the middle of the room with a TV in the middle and couch and bed on opposite sides of the room. Really well designed.
Only suggestions not complaints at all. Showers, should be that...I really like stand up showers in hotels. A bar, an area where I could go to get a glass of wine to unwind for the day on the property.

Other than that the area around the hotel has lots of stuff. I didn't have time to check it out but it was there. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel 3 nights a week since April 2012 and it is clean and respectful. The rroms are large and nicely decorated. The have WiFi for all guess. The indoor swimming ppol is cleanand refreshing as is the hot tub. There are restaurants all along the street ( 320 South) and location is Great. The staff are very nice and friendly and the honestly care about you. The breakfast is awesome consist of pancake/waffles, bacon , ham, sausage, omeltes, boiled eggs, assorted fruits, juices, milk, teas and coffees, biscuits and gravy , hot Oatmeal etc.
Great Place to stay
BH

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was a excellent (relatively new) hotel. The people of the front desk are very friendly, the rooms are spacious and very clean, the swimming pool and jacuzzi are great as is the fitness room. Also the breakfast is as usual, Hampton Inn quality, very good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple