“Horrable. Was turned away because parking was full.”

Wild Waves Theme & Water Park
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Federal Way
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Two GREAT Parks. One LOW Price! Wild Waves, Washington’s only combination theme and water park, offers classic thrill rides for the entire family plus the region’s best outdoor water park. Home to the giant Timberhawk Ride of Prey wooden coaster, Wild Waves Theme & Water Park is open seasonally from May to December, including Fright Fest and Holiday With Lights.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I live in Port Townsend. We woke our five year old son up early to surprise him with a road trip to wild waves. It takes almost two hours one way. After getting off the exit, we spent another hour or so in the car waiting in a huge line of cars only to finally reach the parking lot to be turned away! They said they were full. So, why can't they post this information on they're billboard??? That way people can turn around instead of spending all that time and gas waiting in line. Worse trip ever. Then trying to explain to my five year old why we had to turn around and leave was the worst.

7  Thank burnside74

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would say that my experience with Wild Waves was a fun one but there were a few things that were a definite turn off. Here is my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
-For the month of June the tickets were only 14.99 per person.
-Rides were fun and there seemed to be something for everyone to enjoy.
-For the most part the park was cleanish.
-The workers seemed helpful.
-They did let you ride one of the roller coasters twice before getting off. (But it was a very short ride)

Cons:
-If I hadn't gone in June when tickets were cheaper I would say it wouldn't be worth the money. Most of the dry rides were the carnival type rides and were just kind of blah. The water rides and water park did make up for this.
-Even though the park offers tube rentals and locker rentals, the prices for them are outrageous. (About 15 dollars each) I would advise you to not rent tubes. They provide tubes for you for the rides anyway. The only thing nice about having a tube is not having to wait in the line to get a tube. I would gladly wait in line for a tube instead of paying for one.
-The absolute worst part of the day was the walking from one slide to the next. They require NO shoes on the water rides but the pavement is rocky and hurts to walk on. My feet came back with bruises and scratches. NOT OK. Someone could really get hurt. They need to smooth it out somehow in order for people to enjoy themselves walking around.
- The pricing of the food was also outrageous. So eat before you go because you can't bring food in.

All in all we had a good time. It was nice to feel like a kid again. I would say if you are in the area that it is something fun to do for a day. But I also would say I am satisfied with my one trip and wouldn't need to go back again.

5  Thank Tripplinds
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

There's a little something for everyone! It was a blast to go with my daughter (4yrs old), godson (11yrs old), and adult friends. It easily entertains for a half day and wanted more time. And the lifeguards were personable and took their job seriously. Special thanks to AJ for his assurances to my godson regarding the Riptide ride, putting him at ease.

1  Thank kkholiday
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We came on a rainy day, so the lines were really low, but most of the rides were still open. The water was just still a little cold for it being cold outside.

1  Thank Jena H
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So, it's kind of expensive and at times crowded. Like most parks it has lockers, bathrooms, tube rentals, food drinks, some carnival games and dry rides.
Most people take a chair and trust their stuff on it and hope for nothing bad to happen while they are playing. We always take turns watching the stuff.
Parking lot is big, dusty and also $$.

Just remember ( in cooler weather) that if you get wet and cold that you should change before going on dry rides.

We also pack coolers and eat in the car on a break.

If you go...... stay the whole time to get your moneys worth.

2  Thank SmallWonders