“Great Place in Federal Way for Transitional Lodging”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After recently selling our home of 22 years here in Federal Way and prior to my retirement I still needed to work for about 4 months prior to retiring and living full time move to our new home about 105 miles south in Washington state.
I used the Federal Way Extended Stay 3 nights a week when I came back to town to work.
Arriving on Monday afternoons and then checking out on Thursday mornings.

Having been recently renovated the accommodations were nice, (Clean and well appointed) and well maintained by their staff.

The front desk staff was very great!
Always pleasant and welcoming.
They were kind enough to assist in setting up my weekly reservations for me for the 4 months I needed a room.

I would highly recommend this Extended Stay for anyone visiting the Federal Way area.

Thanks, Extended Stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dwstewart
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about the service you received in Federal Way. I am proud of our team for providing you with the service you deserve. We wish you the best as you move into this new chapter of retirement.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great front desk staff, EVERYONE is consistently over the top with regard to customer service. Peter in maintenance, housekeeping, the assistant manager Kelly... reminded us of more expensive hotels.
For me, the ESA hotel chain is/was a fantastic value. I stay in hotels 180-210 days a year BUT, for long stays, their television channels are the worst. Most recently, I have started to research other hotels in the areas I stay because of the lack of variety of the ESA television channels. There is just so much repeat Seinfeld, Two & a Half Men, Big Bang and ESPN channels that I can tolerate.

Heres an example of the television channels you will get at ESA:

5 ESPN Channels / OMG, how much sports do they think I need.
2 Fox News Channels (local affiliate included)
CNN and HLN
TNT and TBS
USA
Oxygen
The Weather Channel
Discovery
Cartoon Network
Showtime and Showtime2 (But you'll only get a schedule for Showtime)

That's All Folks! And unless you opt for the $3.00 a day charge for "fast enough internet" to stream movies, you are completely out of luck.

I have no complaints about the quality of their staff or the value I feel I receive for my money. I stay at various ESA hotels and my only consistent complaint, is their total lack of any variety of television channels. I even purchased my own air antenna because of all the local channels they don't include, for additional variety, but you can't reprogram the sets for an air antenna. ARGHHHH!

I'm a Road Warrior because I'm in hotels so much and the biggest obstacle to ESA truly feeling like my home away home, is the boredom I suffer when I need to unwind and relax and it's the same blah blah blah on their televisions.

Enough said.

Room Tip: First floor isn't good because you can't leave the drapes open over the privacy concerns.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff, including our Maintenance Engineer and housekeepers; however, we do apologize that the TV channel selection was not as you'd expected. To uphold our company's high standards, I have submitted your comments about upgrading the cable channel package company-wide at some point in the future to our facilities team.

Thanks to feedback such as yours, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sfw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you the positive strides we've taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had a very nice stay here, Employees we're nice and informative. Theres a small mall right near by and there was plenty of good restaurants near by ( Chipotle, Black Bear Diner etc..) The rooms had a TV, wifi, the room was big enough for 2 of us and the beds we're pretty comfortable. The TV however did not have many channels and there is no dvd/blue ray player( but for the price I paid I wouldn't expect there to be much) Which is why I've stayed here twice already, As for a pool I never saw one if there is one at this location. It did have a 24/7 accessable laundry room and it never looked that busy. Theres also a small "gym" i believe it was just a couple tread mills but if you like to run( it rains here a lot) then you'll probably make good use of them. Altogether I had a great stay, and I'm sure you will too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the TV selection was not what you'd expected or hoped for. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed and host you at our Federal Way location a second time. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The rooms are clean, well equipped, and have all the general amenities you need for a long stay. The free Wi-Fi, free parking, and free breakfast are very nice perks. This Extended Stay is conveniently located next to a supermarket, pharmacy, and other shopping options. Many restaurants are close by as well. Perhaps the best part of my stay was the staff. The customer service was top-notch, and made me feel like the management genuinely cared about the comfort and needs of their guests. This is especially true of the manager, Kelly, who is extremely courteous, professional, and makes sure guests have everything they need, and she is more than willing to problem-solve any issues that may arise for a guest. Having stayed at various other locations in Federal Way over the years, I have found Extended Stay to have been the best choice in terms of comfort and value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First let me say that I have stayed at many Extended Stay (ESA) hotels across the US. I like the fact that EAS hotels all have the same general amenities that I require/request when traveling. The kitchenette is number one, free Wi-Fi and free parking are next on the list. Of course cleanliness and all appliances, tv, remote and lights working I automatically expect. But as we all know that isn't always the case.

I travel to Seattle a minimum of three to four times a year for a children to adult sports event. Being a coach, I want my privacy when I close my door, a place to go back to and throw something together to eat at any hour and not have to wait while a large group is being seated, ordering and then being served. While I love being with the team, sometimes it's great to go back and throw something into the microwave at midnight because 4:00am comes awfully early. With that said, I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how "modern" and updated this EAS was. It was the cleanest one that I have ever stayed at, this includes two different ones in Colorado Springs, Los Angeles area, Nebraska, Florida, New Jersey, Nevada and a few other states.

Their beds are always comfortable to me, the heating and air conditioning have always worked to my satisfaction (I like it 66 in the summer and 68-70 in the winter). The bathrooms are always large and usually come with the 6-ft swing out curtain. If you need more towels, they have always been accommodating, you just need to ask. At this particular EAS the front desk staff was wonderful. I arrived quite early (about 11am), and was beat. I asked if they would please let me know when they had a room ready and that I would be willing to pay additional fees if needed as I was too tired to do anything but sit quietly in their lobby. Within 10 minutes they had located a clean room and they were so pleasant as they helped me check in. I saw the front desk girls a couple of times over my 4-day stay and they continued to ask me how I was doing and if everything was to my satisfaction. I also leave the hotel about 5am and return as late as 10;00pm. I never once was scared or felt like security was a problem. Of course I parked under the lights and was aware of my surroundings.

There are only two things that I can come up with that I feel needs their attention, one is their "signage" at the front driveway. It is VERY hard to see. In fact almost impossible to see from the road. I am sure it is within city ordinance, but they really should work on lifting the sign a bit higher and fix the actual "entry" into the driveway. I ended up passing the hotel and making a U-turn and coming back. But once you get there... it was really worth the original inconvenience. And the second item is their "Wireless Internet" service. They do offer a free wi-fi.... except it has a lower signal. If you want the upgraded, super fast wi-fi, then that cost is an additional $3.00 a day. While that's not much, for those of us on a budget, it all adds up. And it's the reason we stay at hotels like ESA in the first place.

All in-all, this is a FANTASTIC hotel and I can't WAIT to stay there again!!!!

Thank you FEDERAL WAY EXTENDED STAY!!!

Linda

Room Tip: I always ask for an upstairs room away from the elevator/stairs. I truly am a light sleeper and mus...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review of our Extended Stay America Seattle - Federal Way. It's great to hear that our staff and facilities made you feel at home while you were in Federal Way. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Anyone who has ever survived a remodeling project for the whole house knows how chaotic and stressful it is! When we had to "move out" for a few days to avoid the floor refinishing and sealing, we found Extended Stay in Federal Way, Wa. As we needed a pet friendly option that would welcome our two bouvier year old puppies, we used search engine to determine a location nearby that was centrally located that was also in an area that provided a safe walking and shopping area regardless of the time of day or night.
We were welcomed warmly and greeted by the front desk staff each time we past by on our way out to exercise the puppies. The pet areas were grassy well groomed.
The stay gave our "batteries" a well needed recharge. Though we have no plans to move out again for more projects, we would choose Extended Stay without hesitation.

Room Tip: Three story facility with an elevator to use. Our room was on the second floor and very convenient...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our Federal Way property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and that you and your Bouvier puppies were greeted with a warm welcome from our staff. We take great pride in our hotel and we know our guests could have selected any hotel, but you chose us and for that, we are grateful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your puppies back in the future!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My recent stay was alright , I definatley wouldn't choose this hotel again monique was very friendly front desk, and just as an fyi it's not professional for your guests to know everything about what goes on behind the desk, especially an assistant manager to do things like that not setting a good example for your staff, the breakfast food was so so, and the room was some what accommodating, the kitchen, I also did notice alot of people that wander in the parking area, I think some security would be a could suggestion, other than those few.concerns, I would only stay there if you had too

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Uglytru
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do our best to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and that any serious concerns are addressed immediately, while making sure our guests do understand that this is a shared living facility and therefore some guests who are in and out at various hours of the evening. We have, however, addressed this with our team to be aware of any individuals we don't recognize. While we want all of our guests to have the same home-away-from-home experience, we understand that there are occasional limitations. I apologize for any concern this caused you during your stay and assure you that we are doing our best to ensure this is no longer an issue.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
In closing, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with Monique's customer service and will forward the complement to her. Thank you again for your feedback and if you would like to contact me to follow up or for any future needs please feel free to do so at sfw@extendedstay.com.