“Good”

Econo Lodge Federal Way
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
“Good”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The room was clean, the breakfast was good. The location was excellent, could have not been better. The price was on spot. And i could not find any issues. Housekeeping and front desk very well trained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montana
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Overall, the hotel room I stayed in was very clean, just one stray hair on the bed sheets. However, the toilet and shower were clogged in the bathroom. Yikes! And the knob on the sink fell right off when I went to turn on the water. I only needed a place to crash, so it worked very nicely for my budget. Best price in town, but I was disappointed on the amenities. I was however, very impressed with the front desk staff as they agreed to jump start my car the next morning when I discovered my battery died. I ended up making it to a repair shop, and I was very grateful they helped me out! Keep up the great service!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel was very clean, affordable and the staff was friendly and accomodating. When I read some of the reviews, I almost didn't book it. Glad I didn't listen. The furniture is a little old but the bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned, bed made and towels replaced daily.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Check-in was long and confusing since we pre-registered and pre-paid but Manager- Brian (no uniform- looked unprofessional is shirt untucked) could not find the paperwork. It must've taken 20-25 minutes to figure it out only to have only 2 rooms ready. We were checking in at 2:30p. We needed 5 rooms. Ugh!!!!! There were also lots of security cameras that you can see from small front desk area. What for? Nothing to steal- especially the breakfast...really???
Foyer is very basic. You know it's kinda sketchy when there are vending machines with ramen noodles and a couple sandwiches in it. Ice machine is next to vending machine too.
We stayed with our swim team. Very few hotels and most of them with full capacity in the area close to aquatic center so we had no choice. Smell of hotel is dank and drab. Room is typical. A couple of the rooms had mirror closet doors loose and they fell as they were opened ( happened in 3 rooms). Remotes for a couple of the rooms would not work. No fitness area or no pool- AND it is located next to a construction area. Breakfast is complimentary and AWFUL!! It consists of old coffee, (with packaged dry creamer and sugar packets), tea bags, oatmeal packets, pre-packaged very small muffins, tangerines, and bananas. That's it!! You would think there would be cereal, milk, and juice too, but that requires more thought.
The big clincher was that the hotel did not have water for at least 30-45 minutes one afternoon!! Really??!!! The managerial staff did not warn us or even apologize for the inconveniences.
The only savior with this particular 2-star hotel was a the nice custodial staff. They cleaned the room every day and were very good about replenishing the towels and cleaned where needed.
You would've thought the front desk staff (no uniform) would say good bye as we left out the building. Customer service very poor too!!!!
Overall- during our 7-day stay, at least we had so-called clean rooms to go to every night.
Stay- only if you're desperate....which we we were. Other places have got to be better than this place!!!

Room Tip: Choose this place - only if desperate!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 4Smiles
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 29, 2014

On our way up to the Seattle area to visit relatives and needed to be between Tacoma and Seattle. Looking at the different reviews online, quite a few in this area had mixed reviews. The first two nights we stayed at two separate hotels, until we found this little gem! I had read a couple of the reviews in the past, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect... but it is definitely the best value around! It's off the main highway, so it's quieter than you'd expect. The rooms are large, comfortable, and CLEAN! The service at this place was impeccable! Every one of the desk clerks made us feel welcome and wanted. We had the pleasure of meeting and working with Brian, the General Manager. He was great! He was extremely accommodating to my family, has great knowledge of local attractions, was more than willing to help us with directions, set up our taxis and even gave great ideas on ways to spend our time in the area. We truly felt like his personal guests. We stayed a total of nine days and the only suggestion we could come up with, is to start breakfast a little earlier than 7am. Overall great hotel, great staff, great time! Thank you!

Room Tip: We were on the South end, on the second floor. Very quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank 19_Cookie_76
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed April 10, 2014

There were a few hairs on the sheets, and a stain, and I found two ants crawling on the comforter. We stayed here three nights, took advantage of the HBO at night, and were overall satisfied. The pillows are smaller than the standard size, and square, so we had trouble getting comfortable for awhile. Don't count solely on the continental breakfast: it's coffee, tea, instant oatmeal, and pre-packaged bakery items. Our key card didn't work when we came back one night, but the front desk staff fixed the code immediately. The armchair looked dirty, as well as the carpet, but I never walk in bare feet in hotels/motels anyway. For its price, it was clean enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is my second trip to Washington, Seattle area. This is the second Econo Lodge that I have stayed at in this area. I chose this place due to some person, in their review, commenting on the fact tv had more channels. Well, it does! It has Direct TV with HBO. Another plus is the bed is newer, so the springs aren't worn through yet. It is situated nicely, minimal, if any, road noise.; eateries and shopping is conveniently close, but not right next door. The building is newer with all rooms inside, so security is good. The room does not have a microwave, you have to request one if needed, first come first served. There is one in the lobby, so it is not a big deal.

Water pressure is poor. The "complimentary breakfast" is prepackaged donuts and muffins, some fruit, and oatmeal. Coffe or tea. Yep, no waffles, cereal, milk, or juice. This is the first Econo Lodge that I have stayed at with such a paltry breakfast. One of the main reasons I choose Econo Lodge is the breakfast, it had always been a bonus, not this place. But, since I am here to visit a relative, and spend more time in my room than out, I would rather buy some flakes and milk and have more channels, than waffles with poor channel choices.

The staff here is friendly and helpful, the rooms and hallways clean. Parking lot well lit, area quiet. Definitely more pros than cons. I would stay here again.

Oh, they do offer Military Discount, but the early booking online is a bigger discount.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall. No one walking on my head and no loud talkers mea...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo