“Great, Clean Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Vancouver, Canada
“Great, Clean Hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My friend and I stay here 2-3 times/year for the last 3 years for shopping trips. I am an extreme clean freak, like I take the sheets off and make sure their are no bugs or hairs on the mattress kinda clean freak lol. I have found this hotel to be VERY clean every single time I have stayed here. Never even a stray hair on the toilet or sink. The staff is very friendly and professional and the cleaners are WONDERFUL! It is close to a busy highway so if you have trouble sleeping, might want to go elsewhere. The breakfast is a little better than average for this kind of place. Very convenient for eating, shopping, sight seeing. Seems like a very safe neighborhood. We travel with kids and have always felt safe there. Definitely a great place for a great value!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
ASHOO o, Manager at Days Inn Federal Way, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thanks for your comments, please come again valued Customer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
o
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The hotel is located at a busy Rt 99 (Pacific Hwy) and easy to find. They offer breakfast. Down to about 320th street, there are a lot of Korean restaurant and a big supermarket. But since it is located a busy street, we heard truck passing by noise since it is at a traffic corner.

The facility is little old and make a lot of noise. We got a complain for twice for going to flush the toilet. So you are betting asking to live upstairs but you need to take the steps.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for your feed back valued Customer!
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Booked through kayak.com. Days Inn wouldn't accept voucher or receipt. Days Inn nor Kayak.com had customer service answering the phone. What good is the service if they don't accept a receipt!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. Please except my sincerer apologies. Your feed back is very valuable.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We arrives late having our car rear-ended and needs a relaxing place...This was it.
easy to find, great room, comfy beds.... it all was just great. Office staff let us duplicate some stuff.
Across the street from a huge shopping center..... excellent on and off I 5...and in a super safe area too.....

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feed back!!!
portland,or
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Were visiting Seattle for a family wedding.After hunting for online deals & location we picked this place & mighty glad we did. Excellent location ,very efficient checkin, super clean rooms & to top it off a wonderful free waffle & eggs breakfast.Given its price & value we were ok with having to walk across to the new La fitness's with free passes courtsey the hotel...wish they had their own but thankfully this one was right across. We even lunched @ Burger king , Subway infront of the hotel .Very convineient..Walking distance to everything!! Thumbs up from us.Infact will come back again in november for thanksgiving reunion.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you Valued Customer for your Feed Back!!!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This excellent location offers convenient shopping, plus a large assortment of dining options. The complimentary continental breakfast is better than most -- waffles are even available! The desk clerks have been friendly and helpful, while the housekeeping staff is remarkably diligent and attentive to detail. I tend to be a clean freak, and I haven't had a single problem.

My house sold recently to a couple who wanted to move in almost immediately -- leaving me suddenly in need of a place to stay while finishing work details here. So, when selecting a hotel, I was mostly just price-conscious. I thought: Hey, I'll only be sleeping there. Why not just "go cheap" this time?!

Well at first, I got exactly what I was willing to pay for, spending 1 or 2 horrible nights at EACH of 3 separate local hotels before leaving in disgust! (Can I say that? I didn't name them!) Anyway, then I discovered the Federal Way, Days Inn.

As my work here has taken far longer than anticipated, I've had to keep extending my stay for "... just 3 or 4 more nights..." which has now added up to almost a MONTH's residence. But the value I've received for such a reasonable price, lessens the economic sting considerably. For the same low price as the other three (cheap and disgusting hotels that I tried first!), this Days Inn has instead been clean and quiet, with everything in working order. Plus, the rooms are larger and don't smell ... weird.

Be aware, though, that it fills up on weekends, so do call ahead to reserve. Because I never intended to be here this long, I have twice made the mistake of trying to extend my stay just before the weekend. Each time, they somehow managed to fit me in, but it required moving to a different room. While inconvenient, I was relieved to not have to move somewhere else entirely. I finally learned my lesson to reserve ahead. And except for a soiled-looking carpet in one, I've actually experienced the same high quality in each of the 3 rooms I've had here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank SleeplessnSeattle100
Your feed back is very much appreciated!
upstate ny
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We stayed here while attending JO Gymnastics and it was great. We had two rooms with king beds. The cleaning staff did an excellent job and were very friendly. The beds were great - very comfortable. The front desk staff were courteous, friendly and helpfull. Many choices of restaurants nearby, one of the best right across the street. Mall and walmart 5-10 mins by car. Breakfast was more than enough. Fresh waffles, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, milk, juice and fruit were what I noticed. Would definitely recommend and I would choose to stay there again if the opportunity presented. Reasonable cost. GREAT VALUE, GREAT STAY.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank epatc
Your feed back is valued, Thanks Valued Customer!!!