“OK for the price”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“OK for the price”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rooms cleaned, beds made and fresh towels everyday. WIFI was a problem, it was on again off again for the 5 days we were there. Rooms a little small with the 2 double beds, not much extra room for the 2 small children. Typical breakfast with waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal and pastries. Short walk to several fast food places and shopping. Decent place to stay for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

NO WIFI despite what they say. I wasn't able to work or do travel research for the rest of my trip. The hairdryer was ancient and useless. The toilet tank needed adjustment after each flush. The flapper needed replacement but the entire tank was rusted so an entire replacement was probably in order. Both parts of the coffeemaker were dirty. Didn't use it.
We had two rooms with two beds each, and in each room one bed was unusable. You could see it when you opened the door. One bed in each room sagged visibly.
We paid $59 for each room. There are better choices. No idea if there was a breakfast served because we were eager to leave this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Oysterville, Washington
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This my third trip to Seattle and the same amount of times another (Wyndham group) property with lousy WIFI also noted by another reviewer.

I stayed at this property several years ago and was impressed. Times have changed. I had a King room which was fairly nice including microwave and fridge. But: dark stains on the carpet made me wonder what went on; when I found that WIFI didnt work at a very late hour, I went to call the Front Desk and found their room phone didn't work and had to call them on my cell phone!; and a room designed for 2 guests had 3 towels, 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth.

On check out, I complained to the GM/Owner, Ashoo Ohri. I requested and got a discount off the room based on the above after he personally went to my room to validate my complaints. I pointed out the obviousl liability if somebody had been in that room without a cell phone with an emergency!

Positives: About 1/2 mile from the I-5/S. 348 exit - right across the highway is a nice area of
shops and restaurants - even though under the SeaTac flight path about 10 miles away, the rooms are well insulated from that noise and the adjacent busy highway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Newman Lake, Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I made a reservation directly with the hotel the guy on the phone was having computer problems he said he finally figured the computer out long story short he entered my dates wrong and I had no reservation when I got there. They still gave me a room but it was very DIRTY poorly taken care of you would never ever want to take your shoes off it was bad. The bespreads were just as bad. Then the worst of it all when I received my Visa bill I had two charges on it one for the night I stayed and one for a night the week before I was supposed to be there. I called the manager and he would not reverse the charges for there error unbelievable he said the kid that made the reservations no longer worked there but still would not reverse the charges for there error I would never stay there ever they basically ripped me off for a one night stay over there error on the reservation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Camano Island, WA
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I had stayed at this property before when it was a Holiday inn Express. It was in a good location to get to the Puyallup Fairgrounds for the weekend. This stay was okay, but like others the internet was down the first night I was there. It was frustrating that there was nothing in the room with the phone number of the provider for technical support. I tried again the second night I was there and it worked fine the rest of my stay. The shower curtain rod was loose so the rod was not level. The shower curtain would then migrate down towards the middle of the tub. I finally just gave up trying to keep it closed. I was going to mention this to the front desk when I checked out. BUT there was no one there and the doors were locked. Rang the doorbell several times and stood there for about 10 minutes. I also heard the phone ringing off the hook. Finally gave up and walked back towards my car and ran into someone and hand them my keys. Turns out it was the front desk clerk who "left for a minute". Well the next time you decide to leave the front desk just before checkout time, how about posting a sign on the door? Can't say anything about the breakfast since I'm a diabetic and carbs are not my friend.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and would definitely request a room on the third floor if I stay again.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Salem
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My visit at the Days Inn in Federal way, Washington started by being told I had to pay $36 more for my two night stay than what I was told on the phone when I made my reservation. After paying the additional money I was assigned my room. As I slid my key card into the door and entered the room. I was immediately over powered with the strong smell of pet urine. The odor was so bad that I had to request a new room to stay in.
After getting my new room, I lay down to watch TV and grab the remote. It did not take long to see that the remote had no batteries. So after going to the office for the third time to get batteries, I put the batteries into the remote to only find that the remote did not work. Once again it was back to the office where they gave me the office remote. After thinking there was no way that this could get any worse I lay down and start to watch TV. About thirty minutes into a TV show the TV stopped working all together. After being to the office four times I decided to just work on some homework instead. I logged onto the free high speed internet and started doing some homework. As I got to a vital part the hotels internet went down and I lost all my work online. The internet was down for the rest of the night.
I was lying in bed questioning if I was on one of those hidden camera shows with all I had been through. I told myself it is time for bed I will try again tomorrow. Just as I was starting to fall asleep a child in the room next to my room started screaming at his mother and throwing a fit for almost an hour. So I got back up and went for a drink of apple juice I put into the fridge. I opened the cap to only see that the fridge had frozen everything solid including my juice. I then tried to go back to bed to only be awakened every time someone flushed the toilet as I could hear the water pipe inside my wall right behind the bed.
The next night was more of the same the guests in the room next to me were loud and the water flushing and showers made it very hard for me to get any rest. There was also a complimentary breakfast. This is where things we ok, I expected more, yet what was there was good and the eating area was quiet and clean. During my breakfast the staff told me how sorry they felt for me and all that I had been through without trying to make it right in any manner. I went back to my room to pack up and get out of there and my room key no longer worked. I had to go back to the office to get another key assigned to me so that I could get my stuff out of the room.
Overall the service at this Days Inn is poor. They did fix the problems when I had them, yet they should have checked the room before renting it out for all these issues. Their customer service has to be rated as poor due to the fact that they took no action to compensate me for all the issues that I had faced. The only thing they did do was tell me how sorry they felt for me not that they were sorry. If you are heading to Federal Way, Washington I would recommend staying at another hotel if you can. I did contact the website to only be told they were referring the issue back to the hotel manager and to expect a call. That was a week ago, still no word. So if you stay at this hotel it is a good idea to keep this in mind and I wish you the best.

Room Tip: Aviod this location if you can!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ehook14
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I made this hotel reservation on-line after reading reviews. I was very happy with it.

We arrived at the hotel on a dark rainy night and actually passed it three times because the sign is low to the ground behind the Burger King - so if you make a reservation here look for the Burger King on the corner instead of a sign for the hotel.

Once we found the hotel we went to check in and the clerk was very nice. It was about 12:30 (just past midnight) and he handled everything very quickly, gave us the quick run down, told us about breakfast and let us go up to our room.

I got a special rate on the hotel off the internet so look around for deals! - with tax it was just over $64.00 and it was AWESOME value for that price.

The room was very clean and modern. All of the furniture was a nice dark clean cherry wood color. The bed seemed oversized to me and there were 6 good size pillows on it (not 2 paper thin ones). Even the chairs were nice and soft. The TV had digital cable which was great and tons of channels. There was free-wi fi in the room and the bathrooms were nice and clean. The whole room was very warm, inviting and open. When my alarm went off at 8:00 that next morning I actually wondered why my phone was not on my nightstand and got out of bed not remembering I wasnt at home! That's how good I slept - totally forgot where I was.

The breakfast was great. It included your standard cereal but they also had waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, cream cheese, bananas, OJ and milk and coffee. Lots of variety which was nice.

Check out was very easy.

I would stay at this hotel again. Hands down. Not one complaint about this place.

Room Tip: This hotel does have three floors - we had the second floor which is still ground level like a tradi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family