“Beds too hard”

Days Inn Federal Way
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Per other reviews on Tripadvisor, we booked through Hotels.com and asked for a quiet room. We stayed 1 night one weekend and 2 nights the following weekend. The first night we could only get a handicap room. Everything is real low, the room was clean and large with fridge and microwave on floor next to bed. It was pretty quiet... I didn't need earplugs, but the bed was a rock.

The next weekend we got the same room. Someone had smoked in the room and there were "old" cigarette burns in the covers. We asked for another room. The next room was very large and very quiet and smelled even worse... this time of mold or something that caused my allergies to react.

So we had to choose between smoke or mold. We choose smoke and went back to the rock hard bed for 2 more lousy nights sleep. Unfortunately, the alternate hotels in the area had horrible reviews so this seemed our least problamatic choice.

The service was nice, the people nice... just too bad they can't bring the rooms up to a better quality and comfort. The location was ideal for what we were doing. Next time... I'll probably figure in the extra 1/2 hour travel time to get a better hotel. It is worth it for a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
ASHOO o, Manager at Days Inn Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for your feed back! We have recently upgraded property and have all new beds in every room!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

Decent hotel. The staff were friendly, which was nice. It's located right off of the highway, which is helpful for finding it and for having alot nearby. It was very clean. The only downsides were that it was right by a major highway, so it could be noisy. Also, the "free hot breakfast" was a box of cereal and toast. Not horrible, but not what I was expecting. Overall, though, a good value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed September 23, 2010

I wanted to add a night to my stay and these guys couldn't figure out how to do that and keep me in the same room. They actually got kind of rude about it and told me to contact "corporate" to book my second night. I guess the new guy didn't know how to work the computer, but that shouldn't be my issue.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ASHOO o, Manager at Days Inn Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

First, I would like to apologies for your bad experience. We have made great improvements in Staff & property, Please come again!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2010

My friend and I stay here 2-3 times/year for the last 3 years for shopping trips. I am an extreme clean freak, like I take the sheets off and make sure their are no bugs or hairs on the mattress kinda clean freak lol. I have found this hotel to be VERY clean every single time I have stayed here. Never even a stray hair on the toilet or sink. The staff is very friendly and professional and the cleaners are WONDERFUL! It is close to a busy highway so if you have trouble sleeping, might want to go elsewhere. The breakfast is a little better than average for this kind of place. Very convenient for eating, shopping, sight seeing. Seems like a very safe neighborhood. We travel with kids and have always felt safe there. Definitely a great place for a great value!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments, please come again valued Customer!

Reviewed July 16, 2010

The hotel is located at a busy Rt 99 (Pacific Hwy) and easy to find. They offer breakfast. Down to about 320th street, there are a lot of Korean restaurant and a big supermarket. But since it is located a busy street, we heard truck passing by noise since it is at a traffic corner.

The facility is little old and make a lot of noise. We got a complain for twice for going to flush the toilet. So you are betting asking to live upstairs but you need to take the steps.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for your feed back valued Customer!

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Booked through kayak.com. Days Inn wouldn't accept voucher or receipt. Days Inn nor Kayak.com had customer service answering the phone. What good is the service if they don't accept a receipt!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. Please except my sincerer apologies. Your feed back is very valuable.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

We arrives late having our car rear-ended and needs a relaxing place...This was it.
easy to find, great room, comfy beds.... it all was just great. Office staff let us duplicate some stuff.
Across the street from a huge shopping center..... excellent on and off I 5...and in a super safe area too.....

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feed back!!!