“New Favorite Seattle Hotel...”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Chitina, Alaska
“New Favorite Seattle Hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

This is our new favorite hotel in the Seattle area when our son is traveling with us. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean, with plenty of space and amenities. The location was very convenient for us when visiting Tacoma and the Seattle areas. Our 12 year old son especially love the heated pool. The breakfast choices were fantastic with a wide variety of hot and cold items. Overall it was one of our favorite hotels during our one month journey.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Copper Center, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

We stayed with our 12 year old and found the hotel very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and breakfast excellent. We always use a forensic light when we enter a new hotel room and this hotel was spotless. We will certainly be back again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

The Good: Nice lobby, friendly staff, comfortable bed, nice toiletries(you get shampoo AND conditioner!) and a decent breakfast. Located next to shopping, close freeway access and decent restaurants.

The bad: If someone sneezes in Africa, you'll hear it in this room. Realistically, if anyone is in the hallway, you feel like you could chime in on their conversation. The rooms are very long and narrow.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

Stayed here for a wedding and we will always be coming back to this hotel when we're in the area. Good hot breakfast with many items to choose from. The room was very clean and the housekeeper was able to give us some extra coffee; we like our caffeine. I forgot my laptop and they have free wireless, however I printed off my boarding pass in their business center FREE of charge. Staff was friendly. The wedding was beautiful. Flight was on time. Overall just one great trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Foster City, California (San Francisco Area)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

I had to send up a team from the SF to Federal Way to work on one of our sites. They would be staying blocks of weeks at a time so I had to find some where not to expensive but safe, clean, with all the amenities, wifi, business center, fitness center, etc. After much research and calling to various hotels I was surprise to discover that setting up a corporate account with a discounted rate with the Clarion was a snap. The team really loves this hotel. It was newly renovated in 2008 and the rooms were updated and clean even accomodate the team members with various allergies. They LOVE the complementary breakfast buffet. The staff has been very friendly and accomodating. Some of the team found the in-house fitness center adequate and the others discovered a 24 hour fitness center 2 blocks way with all they desire. Even though everyone brought laptops, being able to use their business center and printer makes things easier. For more intensive projects they found a near by Kinkos. They enjoy being within walking distance of 4 large shopping centers. They are now thinking of bring there bikes or renting them because there are number of bike paths and parks closeby to explore. So with much relief, I'm glad I chose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hpisles
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. The free breakfasts had everything you could ask for: eggs, waffles, cereal, juices, breads and bagels. Nice size room. There was a convenient small laundry where we were able to do a quick load of wash. Internet access was good as was the small fitness center with 5 or 6 pieces of equipment that seemed new.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CRHummingbird
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

I was going to book the Courtyard Marriott from the get go, but I always check tripadvisor first and the reviewers seemed to think the Clarion was a pretty nice place to stay. What caught my eye was that they offered passes to a nearby Bally's Total Fitness since they don't have their own fitness center, sounded good to me since hotel fitness centers are often very lacking. When I arrived I was told the Bally's closed and they didn't offer the passes any longer. I called Expedia to try to cancel, the hotel front desk staff had to call a manager who didn't answer her phone, tried another who told her they would give passes to another Bally's which is about 2 miles away. I decided to give it a try and stay one night, but when I got in the room I was not too excited with the narrow smallish size of the room. A very big annoyance is that the window doesn't have a curtain to block the outside paking lot lights from glaring into the room a night, just shears on the window. I am going to try to cancel the rest of my stay and rebook at the Courtyard in the moring. I don't see where all the raving reviews are coming from, apparently there is another side of this hotel others have seen. I would give the hotel a 2 maybe 2.5 star rating at best. It feels like a Best Western level hotel, cause that's what it was! It's not a horrible hotel, just very budget. I'll rate the Courtyard as well for an accurate comparision.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No fitness center, small rooms, no blinds on windows!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business