All reviewssausagewafflestub showercouple blocksmount rainierincluded breakfastpotatoesroom was largelounge areawashington staterestaurants in the areanon smokingexercise roomhotel staffwaffle makermicrowave and fridgebed was comfortable
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel, and was so impressed I'm planning on staying there again in the near future. It's close to shopping easy to get to and you don't have the traffic noise you get from some hotels.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Harold W
Rebecca P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Harold W.,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I, too, enjoy hotels that are a bit off the main road so that the noise pollution is minimal. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Warm regards, Rebecca P.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Room was adequate and clean, heating air functioned well. The breakfast was fantastic. Real scrambled eggs and bacon were a welcomed surprise. A good restaurant on site was a big bonus although a short walk to others. Also walking distance to a nice shopping mall. The staff were very polite and did whatever we needed to assist our stay.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank cssbp
Rebecca P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear cssbp,

Thank you for the kind review! It would be my pleasure to share this with my staff. We hope that should your travels bring you into our area again that you will choose to stay with us!

Warm regards,

Rebecca P.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked our room through a discounter. Maybe that explains getting a room that may have been recently fumagated. I don't know that for sure but this odor is overpowering and not pleasant at all. It can't be in every room or it would have to come up in other reviews. Luckily, the window opens but there's no screen and a very large bird just flew by. This room has a single queen bed with a sofa and desk, better suited to a business person alone. (Spouse booked the room.) The furniture has seen better days but the bed is comfortable. Cleaning staff knocked on every door at 8 am to see if they need to clean or just leave towels. The free breakfast was very good--loved the seasoned fried potatoes and sausage. Overall, it feels like a 2 star motel. I'm glad we only booked 2 nights.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Rhonda S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear your trip was not as enjoyable as you had hoped. I am happy to say that our entire hotel is getting a facelift and our rooms a total renovation that will start in just weeks. The property has so much to offer but it needs the TLC that it will get.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity once everything is complete. You will not regret it!

Thank you, again, for your time and support in making our hotel a better place to be.

Hospitably yours, Rebecca P.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

WOW! All I can say is whoever made the decision to take away the handicapped parking from in front of the hotel, clearly is looking at things from an ableist point of view and one of making money. The parking lot stripes were erased and repainted with the handicapped accessible parking removed. The spaces that are now available are only 2 and they are on the left side of the building on an incline. It made it extremely- near impossible to get luggage onto the cart because it rolled away. I had to maneuver holding the cart at the same time as pulling out luggage. When we asked the management about it they blamed it on the old owners. The hotel exterior is grungy and dirty, the welcome mat frayed, exterior walls looked like they needed a good scrubbing. At night there is a bar type lounge setting in the hotel breakfast room. An entrance to it, is just to true right of the main entrance - and guess what use to be in that spot, the handicapped parking spaces. I could still see paint remnants on the ground. There was also cigarette butts all over the campus. For this to be a top tier hotel in this chain of hotels it is not living up to its standards. We as customers shouldn't have to pay full price for their sub standard conditions.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your passionate response. Your feedback is incredibly important and is at the forefront of our renovation starting in just weeks. We cannot change your experience, Daniel, but with your support, we can be a great place to be for all of our guests in the future.

We do hope that should you return to our area that you will review us again.

Thank you for your support!

Warm regards, Rebecca P.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I think the first thing that saddened me, was to see the parking lot re-striped, and the handicap parking in FRONT of the hotel removed, to make more parking for their evening bar the hotel runs. There was only TWO handicapped spaces and they were put on the side of the building on an incline. Plus the parking spot on the right, the stripped area is not for access for parking, it's actually striped for the fire alarm access.
The front courtyard was old, dingy, full of cigarettes butts the entire 3 day stay, even found thrown away old Tshirt by the front pillar. Entry into the rooms was made difficult by high doorway plate making it difficult to maneuver over. Not at all what I would except from the caliber of the brand name of this hotel. When I spoke to the management they blamed all of the problems on old owners, with a promise that "things would be different" in the future with the new owners. My reply was if you know this place is run down and needs work (referenced the above issues and water stains in my room ceiling) the why are your customers being forced to pay peak rates at a subpar faculty. Despite my complaints, and difficulties, no restitution was offered.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer P,

Feedback from our guests can result in significant changes. Your detailed review is upsetting to hear but at the core of it is passion. Passionate responses are heartfelt and I feel that your experience was a disappointment to you. On behalf of our staff, we sincerely apologize.

Excuses will never solve issues, however, actions will! With actions in mind, we are renovating the entire property inside and out. We hope that you will stay with us again when all is complete and review us a second time. All of what we are doing is for our guests. After all, it is the guest that is most important.

We thank you for staying with us, Jennifer P., and sharing your experience.

Hospitably yours, Rebecca P.