WINNER WONDERLAND

Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
“Comfy & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly. Head of housekeeping was very nice. Ww needed a place for a quick overnight stay in Federal Way, and can recommend this place. Very convenient location to shopping of any type. Lots of places to eat in the neighborhood, ranging from Hawaiian Plate Lunches (Pac Island Grill) to Mexican to pretty much whatever you like.

Room Tip: Go to the top floor if you don't want to listen to elephants.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank scottlb767
Kala J, Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for such a kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. For your convenience we have set a request in your profile for a top floor room. We appreciate your business and welcome you back anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love this place! As far as hotels go, I want it clean, I want it convenient, i want it affordable and at the end of it to feel appreciated for my business. The Clarion ticks all those wants and some! I work in the Federal Way area one to two days a week and require over night accomdations when I do. Kayla, who is the sales and marketing manager? (i dont know if I got that right?) But nonethe less she stopped by one of my stores and got my contact information when she was talking to our store manager about the Clarion and the services they provide. She found out that I generally was using priceline and staying at one of the 3 star hotels in area. She reached out to me and wanted to earn my business by negotiating a company rate that was competitive and would ensure I chose Clarion every visit. Although the rate is not as low as I could get on name my price, the fact that I can guarantee staying with this hotel and service every time for a really good rate is definitely worth the couple extra bucks. The entire team is fantastic and make every visit like you are staying with friends. Elaine and Angel are awesome at the front desk and the head of housekeeping Ty provides me clean room that i can get great nights sleep in. Breakfast is great (and FREE!), they have an excellent business center with computer/scanner/copier and all resources I need to conduct all the business I need in an environment thats the next best thing to being home. What can I say....I LOVE IT! Give them a chance, I think you will too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review! We love having you at our hotel! Your personalized coffee mug will always be here waiting for you!
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The staff here are friendly and courtious and always ready to assist. I travel to this area frequently and will normally stay at the Clarion. This is not a luxury hotel but is one of the best values in the area for lodging. The hotel is located in a good location and has easy access on and off of the freeway. Room rates are reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. The rooms are clean, quite, and have a small refrigerator and micro wave. The exercise room and swimming pool areas are well maintained and convinently located for the hotel guest. If you want to do some shopping there is a shopping mall and outlet stores located in the immediate area. The complementary breakfast is better than most but would like to see it available eariler for the guest that have early business schedules. The area also provides a good selection of restaurants and fast food establishments if you perfer dinning out. The thing I would like to see improve is the hotel restaurant dinner menu, the selections are very limited.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your review! We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your upcoming stays.
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Its a business or basic hotel definitely not a luxury hotel for families. Liked my stay because it was close to several malls and restaurants. The only downside I can think of is the breakfast was almost the same every single day and I was there for 7 days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dayal123
Kala J, Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate a guest’s perspective as it helps us grow and form our future. I would like to let you know that since your review we have added a rotating breakfast menu that includes additional items such as pancakes and french toast. Thank you again for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The review is about 6 weeks late FYI, but still should be pretty current. The whole reason I stayed here was because my two usual go-to hotels in Federal Way (Hampton Inn and Courtyard) were sold out. Figured it was worth a shot given the reviews.

On the positive side, the members of the staff were quite friendly and the breakfast was pretty good given that it was included; better than most included breakfasts. It is less than the previously mentioned hotels, but there is a pretty big trade-off.

The biggest negative was that the entire hotel smelled really musty. I'm surprised more reviewers don't mention this. I'm usually not that sensitive to smells, but man, it was pretty bad. The main areas and the room I had both did not smell good at all. Luckily, I wasn't in the hotel much during my stay, but this is a definite deal breaker.

The second big negative is that the whole hotel is quite outdated. The main areas and the rooms. I'm guessing the age of the hotel is not helping with the smell, so a full renovation is probably in order.

Hope that is useful feedback.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank goducks413
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to let the staff know that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast buffet. Also, I would like to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms and our public areas. We would like to welcome you back when we are complete so you can see all the great changes that we are making. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to you staying again in the future.
Silverdale, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed with our dog here over the weekend and really thought it was a great value for the price. The room was spacious and clean which is always a plus! TV is a little dated but no biggie. Our room was located on the first floor at the end of a hallway so it was quiet and close to the exit so we could take the dog out quickly. There is an empty lot across the street perfect for walking the dog around. Lots of restaurants nearby and WalMart is about a block away, Shopping Mall a couple blocks. Breakfast offered is really good and plenty of choices! All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is just a really, really nice place for a quick business or family trip. It's very clean, rooms are very large and well appointed. Bed and coffee were great. I usually don't sleep well the first night of a trip, but here, rest came easy. It is an extremely quiet hotel. I never heard anyone in the hallways or next door. I always as for a top floor room so there was no one above me either. TV was an old tube, but had plenty of channels and was a perfect size for the room. The breakfast was more than continental with bacon and eggs as well as waffles and the usual. I likes it, location to Tacoma and South Seattle is excellent, and there are tons of restaurants and a great shopping mall, The Commons, within a block and a half of the hotel, easy walk. I would definitely stay here again. Price was great for the area.

Room Tip: Top floor (3) on the South Side have unbelievable views of Mt. Rainier. Mine was room 315, a King w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business