Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
$139
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$249
Courtyard
$116
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$150
$80
EconoLodge
$116
QualityInn
All reviewssausagewafflescouple blocksmount rainierbreakfast buffetpotatoesroom was largewashington staterestaurants in the areanon smokingexercise roomhotel roomhotel staffbed was comfortablecoffee makermicrowave and fridgeshopping mall
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is just a really, really nice place for a quick business or family trip. It's very clean, rooms are very large and well appointed. Bed and coffee were great. I usually don't sleep well the first night of a trip, but here, rest came easy. It is an extremely quiet hotel. I never heard anyone in the hallways or next door. I always as for a top floor room so there was no one above me either. TV was an old tube, but had plenty of channels and was a perfect size for the room. The breakfast was more than continental with bacon and eggs as well as waffles and the usual. I likes it, location to Tacoma and South Seattle is excellent, and there are tons of restaurants and a great shopping mall, The Commons, within a block and a half of the hotel, easy walk. I would definitely stay here again. Price was great for the area.

Room Tip: Top floor (3) on the South Side have unbelievable views of Mt. Rainier. Mine was room 315, a King with Queen pull out Sofa, with unobstructed view. Of course it was sunny and 80 degrees and no clouds, so thats a gamble in Seattle.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is definitely lacking in a lot of areas, so lets start with the positives first, as they are few and far between. This hotel is not expensive, so that's a plus, it is also close to several stores and places to eat. It offers quite a good breakfast in the mornings, that includes fresh fruit, eggs, sausages, and biscuits and gravy, or hashbrowns, and a waffle station, toast, etc. So its cheap and has a good breakfast that is about it for the good side. Now onto the issues, the rooms are very run down and in definite need or repair. Lets start with the bathroom, their was mold on the ceiling, the shower head was hanging from the wall (not attached ) hence the shower didn't work properly. One one day the cleaning lady left us one large towel, for our family of 4 to use. The toilet paper is recycled and feels like you are using office paper. Most of the towels were stained. In the bedroom the TV was from 1990, as was the microwave - we got a good laugh out of that. The beds were very uncomfortable and likely also from 1990. Our room faced out directly to a busy street and HUGE bright light shone right into our room. The room stunk and was very humid - *but you couldn't have the window open at night because of the light and the noise. The carpets were old and worn and the wallpaper was coming off the walls in areas. We were excited to take a swim in the nice outdoor pool.... well they say its heated, but I think it is heated by the sun, as it was too cold to swim in. Even our kids who swim in anything were frozen. So overall I would classify this hotel as at most a 2*.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LISA P
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed one night. Breakfast had limited choices compared to a full buffet (they had eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, strawberries and waffles) but the quality was very good. Size of the room was spacious enough. On the other hand, the pool was only open from 9-9. The room did not have an HD TV which is becoming standard for hotels. More annoying however was the lack of electrical outlets. None were on the lamps or behind the desk. Only ones I had access to were near the floor on the wall against the side of the bed. The price of the hotel was fairly good and the breakfast helped make up for the lack of amenities in the room. I’d give it 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Rik the manager was just awesome! We stayed a week at the hotel. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Kudos to you and your staff and all the assistance. You went above and beyond great service. If you're ever in Federal Way check this place out.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I came upon this hotel in a tour group traveling from Minnesota. they went above and beyond what I would ever think is possible. The room I stayed in looked to be remodeled recently and the bed made me feel like I was at home. The manager Rik is amazing, friendly and nice. The only bad part was that the walmart was not open 24 hours a day. :) but seriously I had a great stay. I would stay there again without a question.

• Stayed: August 2012