“Great place for our pre-cruise stay”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel was between Tacoma and Seattle. For $20 the shuttle picked us up at SeaTac. That allowed me to rent a car from the Hertz location in Federal Way for about $200 less than picking up/dropping off at the airport for a weekly rental rate. I was able to drop off at the pier and the rental agency paid for our cab to the ship. A great deal! The hotel offed a great hot breakfast, hot tub, pool, laundry, and was close to everything you need. There was a mall a block away, lots of places to eat, and though it had easy access to the interstate it was not on a main road. The hotel is well maintained and the staff very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again. This hotel was $75/night on Hotwire.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the pool but since it was only open from 9 am to 9 pm this did not bother us...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eileen31425

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked through Expedia.ca to stay at another hotel much closer to the Tacoma Dome for last night's Arrowsmith Concert. It turns out the other hotel was "overbooked" so this particular Clarion Hotel was the next best thing to what we had originally paid and asked for. So we got a relatively nice King bed suite with a step-up separate jacuzzi in the bedroom/living room area. The room was on the 2nd floor on a quiet side of the hotel. The suite was a good size but rather schizophrenic-like. The lighting for the fridge, microwave and overhead granite countertop was located on a perpendicular wall, a little off direction. Didn't make sense to me! We enjoyed our jacuzzi; however, after the water was drained, for some reason, the tub became full of sand. All I can say is, "it wasn't us." The one and only bartender at the hotel's bar/restaurant seemed surprised to see a couple of humans arrive. According to him, it's pretty unusual for anyone to eat/drink there unless some large, previously arranged group is conferencing there. As such, there was no "caesar salad dressing" for their caesar salad. There was also no 1,000 island dressing or some other popular ones for green salads. What does that tell you? Iit was quite an inconvenience to have to go back down to the reception desk at 1 a.m. in the morning after returning back from our concert because our electronic entry card s (2 of them) no longer worked. Lastly, the manager did not knock on our door at 12 noon, check-out time today. Rather, he entered into the room with his key and then acted surprised to see that we were about to check out! He apologized but needless to say, it wasn't very professional. It turns out that the alarm clock next to the king bed was off by 15 minutes. So we thought we were checking out on time! All in all, it isn't what I refer to as a "Gold" star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenMcLean
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel staff was very helpful and very nice. With our group of the 45 they were very accommodating. It's also only about 11mile for the airport and 20 min or so from downtown. Also your close to all of the amenities like walmart 1bock away and the mall and movie theater about 3 blocks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ljhughes8
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked a block of rooms for our girls U14 soccer team. The rates were very reasonable and they made an effort to bunch us together as much as possible. They gave us a conference room for the girls to hang out at no charge. The pool was fun. The breakfast was fantastic and included. The staff was fabulous and patient with the girls and teenage antics. Thank you, Ric for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CRK
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and clean. It is located approximately 15 minutes from the airport and in an area with plenty of shopping and dining options. The room is well appointed and comfortable but smelled a little musty. The pool was very cold and the hot tub was very hot.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was above and beyond and the room was large with plenty if room for eating and food options.
I would recommend this hotel as a stop over hotel.

Room Tip: Groundfloor room musty smelling.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PMFHalifax
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excellent!
Very good experience staying in Clarion.
Very clean, People are friendly and so helpful.
Good restaurant, clean and neat. Very good breakfast with healthy meals.
I will highly recommend anyone to stay there.
Great place.

Room Tip: I felt room was really good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Yep! I just did a cheer for this place. This hotel is not only outstanding, it stomps all other competition to the ground. If you don't believe m, go ahead and find a hotel that offers: outdoor swimming and hot tub, FULL breakfast for free ( eggs, bacon, hash browns, oatmeal), a restaurant, bar, great staff, comfortable all for a affordable price($80, prices do vary though). Let me tell you my story. I always have stayed at the Clarion, but this year all the rooms were booked for the block our church had reserved. So I tried a different hotel. I called, made reservations with only my name. weird right? So i got on trip adviser, yelp and yahoo travel only to discover this other hotel not only was known for drugs and prostitution, but the staff was in on it too. I immediately called Clarion and begged for a room. The amazing manager told me not to worry because the society we are with always books more on the block the closer to our dates. I can work with this I thought. I put my name on the list. I kept calling each month to see if we had gotten a room yet. Finally after my 5th time of seeing where I was on the waiting list, the manager took pity on me and gave me the best room in the house at a VERY reasonable price. The staff alone is reason to stay, the breakfast is the second. They went above and beyond to accommodate their loyal guests. At other hotels, the staff treat you as though are fortunate to be in their hotel. This hotel doesn't treat you like that, even though they have good reason to. Thank you Clarion for being AWESOME!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple