“Not the usual”

Hunan Palace
Ranked #265 of 432 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have eaten here many times and have been very pleased. Not too much this time. Stopped in on an early Thursday evening. I ordered 2 entrees and my favorite Wor Wonton Soup. I love this soup because it is full of wontons, veggies, chicken, pork and shrimp. I was informed that I couldn't get wonton soup of any kind because they were out of wontons! That's really bad when you run out of an ingredient that is a staple starter for your meal! I went ahead and ordered the rest of my meal anyway (meal was to go) and overheard them tell someone else that they were out of the squid they had just ordered! Don't know if they have someone else running the kitchen that doesn't know what they're doing or what. Then there was the bartender...(I always sit in the lounge and have a drink while waiting for my order). I'd never seen this gal before and hope they don't keep her long. I swear she couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time and she wasn't blond either!! There was myself and two tables in the lounge to take care of and it took forever to get my drink and order my food. She litterally could not do two things at once! I was never so happy to leave this place as this time. I will probably return, but will think twice if this happens again and I'll probably wait in the restaurant or lobby for an order-to-go if the same ditzie bartender is there.

There are newer reviews for Hunan Palace

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Along with the Best Western next door, this was my worst experience for Chinese food I can remember. The food was NOT good

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Checked in at the nearby Best Western after a tiring trip from Spokane.
When asked about the nearby chinese reataurant, they told us we could safely walk there.
So a short stroll later we were seated in an empty room. We blamed that on it being Monday (Labor day) evening. And late -about 9 evening. As it turned out more guests came later.
Not much to say about the food. It was just plain excellent. And the waitress was pleasant and observant without pushing herself onto us.
If you like chinese we'd gladly recommend this. You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

If I am going out for chinese food in Everett, this is where I go. They have great sweet and sour sauce.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the combination "D" which tasted very good. The service was extremely fast and food reasonably priced with good sized portions.