“One of a dying breed of restaurant!”

Totem Family Dining
Ranked #10 of 431 Restaurants in Everett
seattle
“One of a dying breed of restaurant!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Not a chain but locally owned which in this case means good, plain, and delicious.
A bit of the good old days. Try it. I'll bet You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013

Pasco, Washington
“This is one of my new favorite places!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Totem has been around a long time and its just gotten better. Food was great, service is friendly and prices are right

Visited November 2012
Bothell, Washington, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Proverbial old fashioned family restaurant. Everything was good, the meatloaf especially so. I can also recommend "Rib Friday", very meaty port ribs with a very good BBQ sauce (though some would say the ribs are great without extra sauce). Portions are very large, we almost always take some home with us.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Richard S
Everett, Washington
“Hungry? Not anymore...”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been eating at The Totem since I was a child. About 50 years now. So I might be a bit biased. I've had a few dinners and lunches there over the years but the majority has always been breakfast at 10:00 with friends and family. It's about great food in ample portions with great company. It's where the locals go. It's the kind of diner that the chain's wish they could be and probably once were when they started out. I'm heading back there this morning for breakfast.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Carl F
Everett, Washington
“Eh...”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We've been wanting to try this restaurant for breakfast, and stopped in this morning around 9:30 am. While busy, there was no wait, and we were seated immediately. We were asked by our hostess if we wanted something to drink and were brought our coffee and water immediately. I chose the french toast plate w/ 1 egg and bacon...my husband had the #9 w/ ham, two eggs, hashbrowns and he chose sourdough toast. The wait for our food was minimal, I'd say only about 15 min. I give the bacon an "eh"...thick sliced, but it was overdone, so it was very chewy, like jerky. Eggs were cooked perfecly over-medium and the french toast was very tasty. My husband said the ham was "typical", there was not much smoke flavor to it. He also said the hashbrown immediately became "mushy" when he mixed them w/ his over-easy eggs (this is his usual habit) and that bothered him. He is a conisseur of hashbrowns and it's obvious these were a lower-quality frozen. The one truly shining star was the sourdough toast, very flavorful, thick sliced w/ a great, not too chewy crust. The coffee was also decent, not so strong as to make it bitter. Cost was $20+ change for both breakfasts and coffee. Serve was amiable, and when we needed something extra, there was a bus-girl on the floor at all times, refiling coffee and meeting our needs. I can't say as I would go out of my way to make this a regular stop, but our experience was a good one.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank takn123

Been to Totem Family Dining? Share your experiences!