“Great Meat”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Marysville, Washington
“Great Meat”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I think we have visited a Dickey's when we went to Dallas.

Last weekend we went to the Dickey's in the Puget Park area south of Everett.

This is in a strip mall. You order at the counter and then they bring your food.

We arrived just before a rush. One of the friendly ladies behind the counter said they would take our order after they got caught up on other customer orders. While waiting, we helped ourselves to the free soft serve ice cream.

We ordered a large family meal for $49. We got pulled pork, chicken, and I think beef brisket. They ran out of chicken and we got the last half pound of chicken. What a blessing. We selected either getting more pulled pork or beef brisket. We got the beans (too spicy for me.) We got the macaroni and chese (nothing special.) We got the coleslaw. It was kind of on the bitter side and nowhere near as good as KFC coleslaw. The potato casserole was good.

We sat down and the meal came in about 5 to 10 minutes. The chicken was good, but I wouldn't waste my money getting it again. I would get more beef brisket and pulled pork. They were both very good. The meet was a little fatty, but it was so good. I think all four of us ate too much. It was very good.

In addition to the above listed sides and meet, we got rolls, with onions and pickles. It would have been nice if they had butter and honey to go with the rolls.

After we ordered, the line got quite long and I would guess people might have had to wait 20 minutes to half an hour after arriving to get their food.

The meat is very good.

The staff were friendly.

The bathroom was clean.

This is not a fancy sit down restaurant, but it is great asset in the Pacific Northwest to have such good southern food.

• Visited July 2014

Harrisburg, PA
“Best dickeys ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Been to multiple Dickeys, hands down the best. Food was great, better than the other stores. Small dining area though. Extremely friendly staff.

Everett, Washington
“forget Famous Dave's, Dickey's is better”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you love good texas BBQ, then head to Dickey's BBQ Pit! They serve up great BBQ with 3 different styles of sauce (original, spicy, and sweet), plenty of sides (love the onion tangles), and they serve ice tea and Coca-Cola products. The food reminds me of my youth in south Louisiana, it's that good! Sorry Dave, but Dickey's is cheaper, better tasting, and gives more choices!

• Visited June 2014
Everett, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good BBQ needs help”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

this place is getting so busy that they seem to struggle to keep up with the demand. food was cold one time and ribs were tuff another time. I hope they get back in there groove

Visited June 2014
1 Thank richard3823
Portland, OR
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A few years ago, my husband got hooked on Dickey's BBQ while we were on a trip to Texas. He was excited when he found out one opened near our home.

We went on a Sunday evening. it was crowded but we were able to get a table after a couple of minutes.

Kids eat free on Sundays, so yay for us! Both of our kids had free meals.

I had the pulled pork, my husband had the brisket. The kids had chicken nuggets (they're little), but there are lots of other choices for kids meals. The food was great. Tons of side dishes to choose from, and free ice cream.

The owner made it a point to talk to everyone in the restaurant personally just to make sure our experience was good.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014