“Our go-to lodging in Everett”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The manager's buffet included drinks, salad, bread bowl, turkey soup, a cookie, and an apple; that's dinner!
The front desk staff and buffet staff are excellent and welcoming. They have thankfully changed the amenities to something better than the previous ?cinnamon? variety. The WiFi quality was excellent.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room; easy I-5 access means highway traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Warren B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear LuViPortland,
Thank you very much for your recent comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Everett, WA. We are pleased that you found everything to your liking while staying at our hotel. We are always striving to meet of our valued guests needs and hope that we only get better because of feedback like yours. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the Everett, WA area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed November 10, 2013

upon check in the front desk clerk was not available. We waited at least 10 or 15 minutes for desk clerk to show up. Since we were leaving very early in the morning we wanted to take care of our bill at check in with cash. Desk clerk would not let us do so, but did say it would have to be approved by the manager whom he did not bother to call. We put it on our card and found out later that there was an incidental charge that would be removed at check out but not put back on the card for days to come. the pool was only open from 9 am to 10 pm, unable to use it which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. We were looking forward to the hottub after a long day of helping my sister-in-law move.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear TolliTan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked 3 nights so we could visit the Seattle area - the HI Express hotels never disappoint. Although this was a bit off the beaten track, it turns out to be quiet, easy to find (once you locate it for the first time), the staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast good, coffee anytime and easy access to I-5. Would stay here again if in the area - but since Seattle was socked in with FOG for the entire two full days we were here, we'd pick a different time of year to visit. But we'd stay at this HIE, that's for sure. Thanks, HIE!

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet but I believe any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear SallyB,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Everett, WA. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. As for the fog you encountered I have some great news for you, it isn't that bad as a general rule. Fall is a beautiful time of year here, but anytime is beautiful in the Great Northwest! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Everett WA. The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. Upon arrival on Thursday evening, there was a small buffet with green salad and homemade steak and noodle soup. The soup was excellent and especially welcoming after a long drive. Of course, coffee and other drinks, fresh baked cookies and apples were also available. The dining area was kept immaculate for both dinner and the breakfast buffet that included eggs, sausages and bacons, pancakes and specially good cinnamon rolls. My room was immaculate and comfortable. Wi-Fi is available. I was greeted with a members package with water and snacks. I will definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Warren B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Nevadabuzz,
We appreciate your review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your recent stay in Everett, WA. We are so happy that we exceeded all your expectations and certainly glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception and the rest of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to the staff, as they are always glad to hear, that they are doing things right for you and our other valued guests. Please come back and stay with us soon when you are in the Everett, WA area.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here (2 adults and 2 young adult sons) in a room for 3 nights at the end of August 2013. We had booked directly with Holiday Inn (not through some discount website, where one doesn't always get exactly what you think you have booked).

Once we arrived I asked the young lady (Let's call her Sam) if we could please have a quiet room as I am a very light sleeper and cannot take a lot of noise. She said she's given us a room on the third floor so I won't hear any movement above us. That was true. The first night was a disaster! We had a room with an "adjoining room door". Let me tell you that this is totally not what one would expect. All night long I could hear the guest in the other room talking on the phone about her mother and siblings to some other party. As soon as that phone call was finished she called someone else. Again, word for word, I could follow her half of the conversation. About 11pm I called the front desk and talked to the night duty staff. He told me there was no where to move us now, but to come down in the morning and they would see what they could do.

So all night long we listened to the neighbor either talk on her phone, or we heard the iPhone "ding" for her texts. Back and forth. Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. It was a complete disaster. I didn't sleep at all. By 8am the next morning I was down at the desk talking to Sam asking when and to where she would move us because of the noisy neighbor. She did in fact move us to another room around noon and it was better (still a lot of traffic noise though) for the last two nights we were there.

I called her once we got situated in the new room as asked if there could be some compensation for our first night being ruined she said all she could do was give me 2000 points. I asked her to please talk to her manager. Later when I passed the front desk and saw Sam, I asked her what the result was and she said all she could do was give me 2000 points. I asked her if that gets me a free night, and she said no, not even close. I asked her to please talk to her manager again. The next day I went to see her again and checked whether we had a reasonable result (I was thinking a $50 credit to a future stay or something). Nothing! Sam said they can't control noisy guests and that was all she could do.

Needless to say I filled out the comment card when we left because Holiday Inn's slogan is Stay. Satisfied. I did stay, but was not satisfied. Not even close. This room was around $150 a night, not some discount hotel with a $49 value where you get what you get. When we left I put the comment card on the counter as we left the hotel (on top of another comment card), Sam rushed over and removed them both from the counter. I never heard another word from the hotel.

Once home, I contacted Head Office by email and then I got a response and a call from the hotel Manager. Now, everyone was very apologetic and they did give me compensation similar to what I had desired in the first place. I never expected to stay the night for free. I mean, I did occupy the room.

The good:
The facility is lovely and in a great location. The breakfast was awesome and the pool and hot tub also were great.

The bad:
Sam needs some training. Don't get a room with an adjoining door unless you know the people there as that door has no soundproofing qualities at all. That guest may as well be sitting and talking next to you. The rooms that face the "freeway/roadway" have a lot of traffic noise as well.

Room Tip: Rooms away from freeway are quieter. Don't get a room with an adjoining door, unless you're...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Aromagirl,
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Everett, WA. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while staying at our hotel. The front desk is empowered to take care of your concerns but, as we both know that did not occur and you are 100% correct that some re-training needs to be done. I can assure you that this has taken place and we will continue to train and follow up so these things to not happen to you our valued guest. We hope that with the resolution you did get, that you realize we do care and want to make sure that each stay is a stay that finds you relaxed and enjoying all we have to offer. We are happy that you did find the hotel itself met your needs and hope you come back to see what other great changes we have planned for the hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am constantly impressed with the chain of Holiday Inn Expresses that I have stayed at. I probably have now been to 6-8 of them and they have all been very good. This location was no exception. Nice service and really a very nice room. Super comfortable bed and very nice amenities. Just very pleased. Clean, nice refrigerator, TV, microwave.....nothing missing. Good exercise room. Stayed two nights and did not have breakfast but it looked fine. Easy location right off I-5. Would stay here again anytime and will do so next time I am in this area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Warren B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear pkpdbacation,
We are excited that you had a great stay with us recently at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Everett, WA. We want to thank you both for your review and for staying with us. We are constantly looking at new and better ways to improve guest services and it seems that with your glowing review we are on the right track. Thank you for stating you would come back and see us again when in the Everett, WA area and we certainly will be here to welcome you with open arms when you arrive once again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed there a couple of weeks ago on a two night stay for a wedding and reception. The place was remarkably quiet for being near the Interstate (we were on the side opposite), and the room, hallways and common areas were immaculately clean. Good sized room, great bed. Room had a good sized flatscreen, coffee maker, microwave and fridge. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Driver1969

Dear Driver1969,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Everett, WA. We are very pleased that your stay was all you expected and more. You mentioned that you would "Definitely stay here again", and we certainly hope to see you again, the next time you are in the Everett area.