“Suite--not so sweet”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Although I appreciate the intent behind the free upgrade I received, after seeing the suite I would have preferred a standard king room. The suite looked as if it had once been a standard room. It was very small for a suite and very crowded with the addition of a second television and a couch. The room resembled a seedy motel and the couch went well with that theme. I've stayed here before and was happy with the standard room. One last note- ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I arrived here at 8 a.m. because we were unhappy with another hotel we checked in the night before. After talking to the very capable receptionist I made an immediate booking and was told the room would be ready for me and the family at 11.00 am (wow!). I went back to get my family and had a quick and smooth login. (we were even invited to free breakfast!, and this 5 hours before official check-in time, how great is this!) The room was a 2 room suite with a small bed room and a big living room. Travelling with children, this is really helpful, as most adults do not share the sleeping habits of a 3 and 7 year old. The room was very clean, 2 Flatscreen TVs, good airconditioning, windows can be opened. Hotel has a nice indoor pool + hot tub. Bottomline: agreat hotel and excellen value.
2 things I need to comment on: The hotel is near to the freeway, but I did not hear any noise, windows provided above average isolation. On the other hand, the freeway is very easy accesible (I5), good if You are heading out for buisness or vcation. We made it on sunday to downtown Seattle in 15 minutes!
In addition: As the hotel is not directly on a main road, and the signs directing are not to big enter at the Shell gas station. Hotel is about 200meters from here.

At the and I want to mention th great help I received from hotel management when adressing a personal issue. They could have very well turned me down with a "not our problem" and I would have accepted it. But they were very hepful and caring. It was a good feeling that they were caring well beyond of what is expected. It is very easy for me to give the hotel 5 out of 5 points.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PaddySch
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the decor was updated. What more could you ask for?
The breakfast was not exciting....but it was free!
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was fine by H.I. Standards but the location is quite seedy. Emptied out our car with 10 days of luggage because we were afraid to leave it there. If you are looking for a short stay along I5 north of Seattle there have to be nicer areas. We were scheduled to stay here in a week but rebooked to Bothell. Hoping it is not as dumpy as this part of Everett. Way overpriced especially given the area.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank SB83616
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for three nights in a suite. It was one of those rare, elusive hotel suites -- an actual suite with a door that closed the bedroom off from the living area!

The room was comfortable. There was not quite enough room for all the furniture, so it looked like the furniture was arranged by someone's crazy aunt. It worked well enough, though. We had a minifridge, coffeemaker and microwave. The bed was comfy, although the teenager complained about the pullout couch.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. Wide selection, including steamed rice and miso soup, cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, soy milk, cereal, and enough other selections to keep our entire family happy, including the vegan. Our littlest was absolutely delighted by the automatic pancake machine.

The staff was always professional, friendly and helpful when we had questions or needed assistance.

The only drawback was that it's a little hard to find this place from 128th. It's set back from the street, and you have to wind through a maze of parking lots to find it.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnonymousMe
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Front-end staff was friendly.

Parking is a little dicey, as it is kind of a sketchy area (right next to a Casino), I wanted to park my car in front of the hotel, very limited parking right in front of the hotel.

Sitting right on top of the 1-5 freeway, it is loud. Sounds like your window is wide open all night long. Nearly impossible to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Hotel gym is very minimal- 2 treadmills and a bike, and some weights. Window was propped open for more ventilation.

I have stayed at very nice Holiday Inn Express hotels, this is definitely not one of them. The room was kind of small/dingy. The tv was limited to 25 channels. On the upside, the internet (free) was flawless and room (though dated a bit) was clean and the beds were comfortable. We have unfortunately booked for several nights and are stuck here (would have moved hotels if anything nearby was available). Would not recommend or ever re-book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I think I was upgraded to the suite room and it was really spacious. The sale manager, Rachel was very friendly and nice. If you need anything, she will do her best to work things out for you so just ask.

Hotel itself was nothing different from other holiday Inn. Relatively new facility, I thought. Free breakfast but no waffle. More bang for the money, I thought. No restaurant on site.

If you get hungry, you can order pizza nearby. Jetcity pizza (forgot exact name)? was pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business