“Hawaiian Food with a flare”
Review of Kama'aina Grindz

Kama'aina Grindz
Reserve with OpenTable
Kama'aina Grindz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 430 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seattle
“Hawaiian Food with a flare”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is not a down and dirty spam spewing fast food Hawaiian
shack. It is an upscale restaurant serving traditional food with its roots in the Aloha State, but created by a master chef who puts his own unique touches on every dish he prepares

Visited April 2013
2 Thank yummyrib

Stanwood, Washington
“Incredible eating in Everett”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A mix of Hawaiian & Asian with super results. Chef Dean Shinagawa, formerly of Tulalip Bay in the Tulalip Casino, has opened a hit. This was our first visit but not our last.

When you walk in you are greeted with a friendly " ALOHA". It's obvious that he put a lot into the restaurant. I'm guessing he gutted what was there before and completely redid the space. One side has the original brick. There is an open kitchen. Seating is tables and chairs. Parking is on the street but Everett doesm't chage for parking in this area.

I ordered the Mahi Mahi grinder and my wife had the Ahi tuna. Both were done to perfection. My Mahi Mahi was blackened and cooked just right. The Ahi was seared. It was some of the best we have ever had. I had to swipe a piece when my wife wasn't looking. It was a center cut of very high quality. My wife had a salad which was first rate also. There were many other tempting items. We cant wait to go back. I already know that I will have the pan fried noodles with Korean beef.

The restaurant is casual and does not stay open late. It has been open for less than a year.

Our server was excellent and knew every menu item and offered recommendations.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dugsmif

Been to Kama'aina Grindz? Share your experiences!