“A normal Motel 6 experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Everett South

Motel 6 Everett South
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Everett
Vancouver, WA
“A normal Motel 6 experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Neither the best nor the worst stay at a Motel 6. Clean room, comfortable bed. Only problem noted is that the beds (Queen) were shorter than standard, and would be too short for someone taller than 5'9". Receipt or door keys were good for 20% off at the nearby Denny's.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kelowna, BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

This motel was the worst that I had ever stayed in. We had originally booked the room for two nights, but ended up checking out the next morning.The bathtub had hair in it, the toilet was covered in hair, and when I turned down my sheets there was hair in my bed. Absolutely disgusting!! They had put us on the bottom floor in a non-smoking room, which had an ash tray in it, and all night long the people above us were running across the floor. Honestly, this was the worst sleep we had ever had. I wouldn't recommend this motel to my worst enemy!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Gotthetravelbug028

Travelers are raving about these Everett hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

The night-time desk clerk who greeted us a 2 am was fantastic, The housekeeping staff as well. We were a little leery about this hotel due to stories we had heard, but the stay turned out quite nice. Yes, they had two beds crammed into a room designed for one, and it's very basic, bare-bones accomodation, but since all we needed was a place to sleep and shower, it worked perfectly, They offered us a weekly rate which was cheaper than the five days we needed, I found that commendable. We'll be back...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I don't expect the moon when I book a Motel 6 but I do expect some basic things. On the up side the room I had was clean and workable for someone who was really only in the room to sleep. (My relatives in another room did not have the same to say about the cleanliness of their room.) On the down side, the neighborhood is not great. There's a night patrol and copious signs warning you about the danger of the neighborhood! The first night of our stay a frightening fight broke out at 3am, police were called, I was glad there was a security guard! The staff did remove the people from the motel, but I had the impression this had happened before. The staff was nice and understanding - they offered to change my room (but then forgot to), but overall it's a stay at your own risk situation. If you do stay there, I'd recommend the 2nd floor - it's safer and the lower floor really hears the footsteps!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank VWebb
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

I was skeptical but once I stayed at a Motel 6, I had decided to try it again. I have to say that for the dollar, it is the best thing going. I do not expect a luxury experience when I visit a Motel 6, but I do expect friendly staff, a clean and comfortable bed and room, all of which I found at the Everett South location. I knew in advance that it was off the freeway, and could be a bit noisy but the convenience was what I was looking for. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this location, as any Motel 6, for people looking for a great value for their dollar AND the fact that they accept pets is a Plus to all of us pet owners. I travel with mine and it is great that there is a Motel 6 for us, others can go else where if they please. But I would recommend any Motel 6 for what it is.....a great value for the dollar and in these tough times, that is a good thing.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank SailorCalifornia
Everett
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

We had to have internet for our work while there. Had to pay for it. $3.00 for 24 hours no big deal except it only worked about 2 out of the 24 hours. Called on this 3 times told to fix it myself, call the company or call Motel 6 corporate. Would not refund my money.

Cigarette smoke came into the room from employees smoking nearby my open window.

One roll of toilet paper for two people for two days.

Police visited the room close to ours. Some problem dont know what. Two cars though.

Many seedy people wandering around parking lot all hours of the day and night.

Room key card stopped working three times told it was my fault. Due to my cell phone or other credit cards, yea right. More likely faulty programming equipment they have.

To sum it up. What a joke this place is. Sat in the bathtub and almost puked when I looked over at the filth not cleaned in the toilet bowl (couldnt see it from other vantage points).

I wouldnt be surprised if this place was condemmed soon.

• Liked — Close to downtown Eureka
  • Disliked — Problems with room key,internet, staff didnt respond to any of these problems just looked stupiid at me.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank EverettFred
bc canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

This reserved 2 night stay was a nightmare from the get-go! I check in my wife and kids into this fully booked hellhole at around 8:30 pm.We unload and get into our supposed non-smoking room and are immediately overwelmed by the smell of smoke.I go back to the car to get our little glade airfreshener to try to freshen the room up abit but it didn't work.I look on the bedside table and see 2 ashtrays with no-smoking signs on them?? WTF! Our reservation is for four people but there are only 2 bath towels?? The toilet had such high pressure that when you flushed it,it would spray "dirty" water at your legs.We had a microwave and mini fridge that were so dirty that you wouldn't dare put anything in them! We go to sleep in our smoke stenched beds with cig burns on all sheets and the next morning while my wife was in the bath we get a loud knock at the door.I answer it and it is some crazed woman from the room below screaming that we have to shut our water off because her bathroom is flooding.Well... the water was off and my wife was now hurried to get out of the tub because we expected maintanence staff to come have a look.2 hours of phone tag with the office we finally get another room,keeping in mind,the rest of us hadn't showered yet and we are now 2 hours late for our day in Seattle.This room looked cleaner at least it was smoke free.Still only 2 towels,no microwave or fridge in this room and HAIR in the tub!! YUCK!! So off to the ice machine I go only to find out it is broken so I have to drive to the Albertsons across the street to get ice so we can keep the babies milk cold in a cooler.I know it is a hotel but our 9 month old is just walking and her hands and feet were BLACK from the dirty carpet!This hotel allowed pets and so be prepared for barking dogs! This place is just plain BAD!

Stayed August 2007