“Basic, rather spartan. ”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Everett
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Basic, rather spartan. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

If all you need is an air-conditioned basic room then this is the place to be.
It is clean with fresh paint, adequate lifting and a working tv. It will be attractive to people want to save some money. The room includes a kitchenette with a two burner stove small sink and microwave. I guess cooking things and plates are available upon request.
Our room faced the highway so there is accompanying noise. Our bed was squeaky and pillows feather but the mattress was fairly firm.

It could be worse. No bad odors, nice lounge chair, all in all well maintained

Would come again - well if there is nothing else affordable this would be a good fall back or plan B.

Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you were not told about our new 'customize your kitchen' program. We store our kitchenware in a sterile environment so that we can provide our guests with the cleanest kitchenware possible. We will be working with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean room and found us to be a good value.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We invite you to contact us, at esl@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

my family stayed here one night. We wanted to book the one in Mukilteo because its rumored to be safer,but we booked with priceline and it chose the Everett location. We booked the rest of our stay after the first booking a got the Mukilteo one. That review is a working progress. Needless to say we wished we had stayed at the Everett location. We were greeted and checked in quickly. The front desk person delivered the dishes to our room, and yes we were only given enough for two people when there were clearly three of us. It was ok because she recommended a pizza place that was delicious and they provided paper plates.There was a queen bed and a sofa couch, my daughter loved it. The front desk lady delivered the sheets pillows and blankets to our room. My family happens to like oatmeal and granola bars, so we were happy with the provisions. The Everett locations was nice, we got great service, and were happy with the room. We were spoiled...the Mukilteo location left alot to be desired. Both my spouse and I said we had wished we would have stayed there.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Leigha - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that our staff provided you with quality service.

Crestline
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Went for a family vacation and we booked online, now I understand why this was so cheap. First night, a guests car windows were smashed, air conditioner failed and towels had holes in them. They don't do room service unless you pay extra and don't get me started on getting more towels. There are many levels of continental breakfast I found out. This one had coffee, tea, packets of oatmeal and granola bars along with a piece of fruit if you were lucky. Noise in the halls will keep you awake and the kitchenettes had only service for two even though the rooms slept 4. I understand these are independently owned and operated since I've stayed at Extended Stays with better amenities and service. Found our cars had the trunks popped open over night, good thing we don't leave anything in them. Too bad I learned after we checked out that an employee said her car had been broken into nearby along with others. Just a bad location. Hope this helps someone else.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsnutpop
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping package and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. In direct response to your comments, I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure that fresh towels are more easily accessible upon request. We appreciate your feedback, as it will help us as we continually work to improve our hotel. As well, we truly regret to hear of all of the parking lot issues you encountered during your stay. Extended Stay America does not condone illegal activity of any kind, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at esl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Everett hotels

Casper, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The good things: The staff was extremely kind and knowledgeable despite the limited resources, the kitchen space was ample, the appliances all worked and the recliner was comfortable. Check in and out was efficient, hangers were available upon request. The signs claimed renovations were in progress, I don't feel it quite excuses the list we accrued over our stay at this hotel.
The rest:
The room was very small for a King Suite booked for 2 people. It had one small table with a lamp that served as both a work desk and eating table and a very small coffee table with the corner chewed off. A small alcove (apx 5'x2') with wire shelving served as a closet; it held a cart with two wire baskets, but no hangers or doors and was curtained off across from the bathroom sink. A small, shallow drawer, in each of two nightstands, were the only other drawer spaces for clothing.
The picture next to the mirror over the sink was streaked with what looked like soap scum run-off, the sink had similar looking spots that rinsed off with water and a spare towel. The second morning after arrival I looked under the bed for shoes and found a layer of dust and some debris which looked like it had been there at least a week (based upon dust layer). As part of a joke I stood on the bed and ran my finger over the top of the headboard (above eye-level) and found a thick layer of dust. The two office chairs were stained, although they operated well.
The hallways smelled slightly of old/second-hand smoke. The walls were thin, luckily our neighbor kept the all night TV volume low. No laundry soap was available in the Laundry Room, the front desk had limited change (quarters only for wash/dry), but the Texaco next-door was able to make up the difference. Trash room downstairs (next to the laundry room) smelled.

Room Tip: Booked here despite mixed reviews because of a hefty discount from Orbitz and a need for extended st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed these deficiencies with our staff and provided them with additional coaching to ensure your experience is not repeated. We were also pleased to read that you were pleased with the kitchen; however, we are sorry that the conditions of the rest your room and furniture were not to your liking. Your feedback is valuable to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at esl@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. the bed was so hard I have to go to the chiropractor to get an adjustment, the noise from others was so loud i couldn't get my 2 year old to sleep, the service was sub par, the internet was super slow, the air conditioner has exposed wires sticking out side of it and on top of all that we found out that for 2 nights we were sleeping on a mattress that had blood stains on it Plus who knows what else was there. when checking out and informed the front desk of the different issues they first told me that they had just replaced most of the bed with more comfortable ones and I must have needed up with a old one (Where was that info when I checked in) second they just said," we hope that you will stay with us again". To that I said," not on your life, I would rather sleep on a park bench"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ivan s
Waterbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Checked into the hotel yesterday, I was disappointed when I walked into the room that there was not much space to put clothes, the bed is extremely hard and the linens cheep. The hotel was advertised as recently updated but a lot of things don't work already. The laundry room has several washer and dryers "Out of Order". The so called patio has a gas grill for cooking but its so old, worn and disgusting I would be afraid to cook on it. I was hoping for a small safe in my room but nope, have to take all you stuff with you, thanks to my brother I at least have a lock for my computer. I am relocating from the east coast, working in Arlington and this was the closest place I could find while selling my home. The hotel is close to everything i.e. Shopping, restaurants etc.... The so called gym has 3 treadmills and 2 bikes WOW!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank KathyC670
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The room was clean and big, but check in was HORRIBLE!!! We waited about 20mins in the lobby for "paperwork" to be done only to have the "paperwork" never finish and the clerk to finally check us in.(and the paperwork was paperwork for us it was paperwork she was doing for the hotel) So guest services suck but the room is clean and big.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Canadianangel7
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding your experience during check-in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed this with my team and coached them on the appropriate way to handle this type of situation moving forward to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that you liked your clean room and our affordable rates.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at esl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.