Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North
Reviewed March 21, 2014

After reading favorable reviews for this hotel I decided to book a room here while attending a training in Everett. First off, the location is horrible. GPS informed me that I had arrived at my destination prior to even exiting off of I-5 South...after 45 minutes I finally called the front desk, gave them my location and had them give me personal directions on how to avoid the freeway and find the place. Even then, it is not intuitive to enter the parking lot, as it looks as if you are pulling into a gas station instead (which happens to be the only thing within walking distance). I am a heavy sleeper, however the freeway noise kept me awake, despite being awake since 5:30 am, driving 2 hours from Olympia, WA to an all-day training and being awake 18 hours before turning in for the night. I booked a non-smoking room that smelled like a smoking room masked with strong, unpleasant air freshener...the bed was old and uncomfortable and when I awoke for my second day of training I was greeted with the reality that the "grab and go breakfast" was a few granola bars. I'm not sure how this is called "Extended Stay America", as my one night here was more than enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I read your comments about your stay and firstly, we would like to apologize for your difficulty in locating the hotel. The situation you described regarding the issue with in the is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I am grateful for your feedback so we can continue to work towards improving our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at evr@extendedstay.com. Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

my wife and i stayed here travelling home to canada, when i booked on line i felt the hotel offered good value for the amenities offered. the staff was very polite which was this hotels only quality. the rooms were dated, the bed was rock hard, bath towels were low quality, carpet torn and stained,food smells especially on the ground floor were overpowering. breakfast was not breakfast but some apples, granola bars. my wife and i were in our room for about an hour when the front door opened and closed, when i checked the hallway, it was the front desk clerk who said he was checking for occupants, both very awkward and dangerous situation. would not recommend this property, overpriced and poor quality

Room Tip: find somewhere else, food smells on ground floor and that was from walking to and from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that the condition of your room, your bed and the quality of your towels did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Also, please accept our most sincere apology for the incident you described regarding a member of our staff entering your room. I will be meeting with our entire staff to ensure this is never repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your comments. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times now, often as long as 2 weeks or more at stretch - and we have never been disappointed. Guillermo has always been on-point with checkins, and the rest of the staff is always happy to help (at any hour). As with any hotel, there always seems to be little things here and there to improve, but overall a really, really good value - and close enough for the commute to Seattle. They also have great coffee in the AM :)

Room Tip: Grab a room on the northside for some mountain view, top-floor is quietest for sleeping!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I would have given it five stars but the bed was extra, extra firm which I found it hard to get comfortable. The room itself was great having a microwave, full fridge, electric elements, coffee maker, dishes and so on. The room had a table in between the kitchen and the bed which worked well to have a meal at or to use as a desk for your laptop. I found my room, which was with a queen bed, was a good size and very clean. The price was also very good.
The location is great, it is close to Everett's shopping Mall, Target and Walmart. It is also close to the freeway(I5) to head off to The Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, WA; that took about 5 minutes'
The staff at the front desk were exceptional, specially the day I arrived (Thanksgiving Day Nov 28th), the young gentleman was so friendly and I felt he went above and beyond. I would say it was a great stay except for the bed. If they could offer like a foam top or pillow top like mattress cover for the bed I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are excited to hear your accommodations met your expectations and the experience you had with our staff was pleasant. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your bed was uncomfortable. I discussed your comments with the team, and we will order pillow toppers for the mattresses to ensure your experience is not repeated. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've stayed at a dozen or so Extended Stays, so I pretty much know what to expect. This one looks fine at first glance - clean and orderly. But then you'll start to notice that things are missing. Such as clerk to help you when you check in. It was around 5pm and nobody was to be seen behind the front counter. However there was a framed noted sitting on the counter instructing me to go outside in the subfreezing temperatures and call the clerk on the house phone if I needed assistance. I stood there puzzled and patient for a few minutes, because I could hear someone behind the partition, and figured like in most hotels they'd naturally emerge to help. But no. However, a "resident" of this hotel knew the scoop, stood up from the lobby chair she was sitting in, came up to the counter and yelled "HELLO!" on my behalf, and an employee immediately emerged. It was like this for the rest of the evening as I discovered things were either missing, awry or sub-standard in my room - things like the kitchen sink faucet missing a washer/aerator so the water would squirt out hard and in many directions. Missing a wastebasket. Last month's cable channel program guide in the room. A heater that was not functioning. Incomplete sets of dishes. Blood stained sheets. Broken/sagging shower curtain rods that result in standing on the shower curtain whilst showering.

The missing in action clerks at the front desk did contribute to a sense of low security. Anyone could waltz through without notice. Perhaps that accounted for the scene in the morning when I went down for breakfast. The day clerk was speaking with a police officer about some kids that had broken in that night. If this is a problem, why not make your presence known when you are actually there?

Like other reviews, I concur that the road noise is very high at this location, enough to keep me awake. But there's a solution - turn the stove top fan on to low speed when you go to bed, providing some white noise. The heaters go on and off, so they won't provide a consistent drowning out effect. In fact they are so noisy that the stove top fan helps drown out their noise too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Excalibur13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation that you describe about nobody being in the front desk is unacceptable and I understand that seems that the hotel is not being attended, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am so disappointed to hear that. Please accept my apology. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that a lot of things were missing or not working properly in your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and we striving to check every room daily paying attention to details.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The staff here are genuinely wonderful - and that's what makes this place memorable as a world traveler. As I was dropped off by a friend, the manager Kelly made me feel like I'm at my own home. She was very conversational and provided me with a good room was in good condition. She even followed me to my room to ensure I had all the essentials. All the amenities are in fair condition. The grab-and-go breakfast is great. Zach is very friendly and accommodating. And you called and checked-in to see how my stay was going. They even brought me hot tea! It's a standard hotel with a modern look, but the hospitality is really what makes this place memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide you with a home away from home experience.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

It was extremely hard to find the hotel. Took us almost and hour to finally get there from the highway turnoff because of the confusing location.

Front desk was ok. Not the friendliest. Room was fine. Bathroom had a used soap on the top of the tub. It could be hard to see when cleaning the washroom but still a little gross to see it when I was taking my shower.

Liked the full size kitchen but not sure about the cleanliness of the room. We did pay a very low price for the room so you get what you paid for.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I read your comments about your stay and firstly, we would like to apologize for your difficulty in locating the hotel. The situation you described regarding the issue with the shower in the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is thoroughly inspecting each room prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased that our fully equipped kitchen was to your liking.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I am grateful for your feedback so we can continue to work towards improving our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at evr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.