“OK - But Room for Improvement.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've stayed at a dozen or so Extended Stays, so I pretty much know what to expect. This one looks fine at first glance - clean and orderly. But then you'll start to notice that things are missing. Such as clerk to help you when you check in. It was around 5pm and nobody was to be seen behind the front counter. However there was a framed noted sitting on the counter instructing me to go outside in the subfreezing temperatures and call the clerk on the house phone if I needed assistance. I stood there puzzled and patient for a few minutes, because I could hear someone behind the partition, and figured like in most hotels they'd naturally emerge to help. But no. However, a "resident" of this hotel knew the scoop, stood up from the lobby chair she was sitting in, came up to the counter and yelled "HELLO!" on my behalf, and an employee immediately emerged. It was like this for the rest of the evening as I discovered things were either missing, awry or sub-standard in my room - things like the kitchen sink faucet missing a washer/aerator so the water would squirt out hard and in many directions. Missing a wastebasket. Last month's cable channel program guide in the room. A heater that was not functioning. Incomplete sets of dishes. Blood stained sheets. Broken/sagging shower curtain rods that result in standing on the shower curtain whilst showering.

The missing in action clerks at the front desk did contribute to a sense of low security. Anyone could waltz through without notice. Perhaps that accounted for the scene in the morning when I went down for breakfast. The day clerk was speaking with a police officer about some kids that had broken in that night. If this is a problem, why not make your presence known when you are actually there?

Like other reviews, I concur that the road noise is very high at this location, enough to keep me awake. But there's a solution - turn the stove top fan on to low speed when you go to bed, providing some white noise. The heaters go on and off, so they won't provide a consistent drowning out effect. In fact they are so noisy that the stove top fan helps drown out their noise too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Excalibur13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation that you describe about nobody being in the front desk is unacceptable and I understand that seems that the hotel is not being attended, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am so disappointed to hear that. Please accept my apology. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that a lot of things were missing or not working properly in your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and we striving to check every room daily paying attention to details.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The staff here are genuinely wonderful - and that's what makes this place memorable as a world traveler. As I was dropped off by a friend, the manager Kelly made me feel like I'm at my own home. She was very conversational and provided me with a good room was in good condition. She even followed me to my room to ensure I had all the essentials. All the amenities are in fair condition. The grab-and-go breakfast is great. Zach is very friendly and accommodating. And you called and checked-in to see how my stay was going. They even brought me hot tea! It's a standard hotel with a modern look, but the hospitality is really what makes this place memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide you with a home away from home experience.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

It was extremely hard to find the hotel. Took us almost and hour to finally get there from the highway turnoff because of the confusing location.

Front desk was ok. Not the friendliest. Room was fine. Bathroom had a used soap on the top of the tub. It could be hard to see when cleaning the washroom but still a little gross to see it when I was taking my shower.

Liked the full size kitchen but not sure about the cleanliness of the room. We did pay a very low price for the room so you get what you paid for.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I read your comments about your stay and firstly, we would like to apologize for your difficulty in locating the hotel. The situation you described regarding the issue with the shower in the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is thoroughly inspecting each room prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased that our fully equipped kitchen was to your liking.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I am grateful for your feedback so we can continue to work towards improving our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at evr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Travis was the yong man who checked us in and he was very courteous. Very quite pleasent stay. We stayed August 29- September 1st. Beds were surprisingly very comfortable. I would stay there again when in the area. Great job guys.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that Travis and our staff provided you with great customer service. Also, I am glad that you found your room to be comfortable.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I would never stay at this hotel again. Rooms are far below comfort for the price level paid and management are uncaring and rude. Had water lines reverse in room, bed was very uncomfortable, room smelled strong, fixtures not working, breakfast lifting was not really a breakfast and really a joke, laundry room had all but one washer out of service, overpriced for quality of stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What caught our attention about this place was the very reasonable price - a 3 night stay here was cheaper than a 2 night stay at Best Western. We also saw good reviews on different booking websites, and liked the fact that it was a roomy suite with a kitchen.

The first thing we noticed when we entered the room was a smokey smell although it was a non-smoking room. We considered alerting the front desk, but after opening the windows we didn't notice the smell anymore (or just got used to it). The sofa and the carpet were dirty, and there were opened bags of chips sitting inside the cupboards leftover from previous guests. We also noticed stains on our towels and bathroom counters, dark brownish stains on our sheets, and a dirty sheet poking out from under the bed. Overall, the room was quite filthy. We were also pretty disappointed with the breakfast... it basically consisted of a couple of different fruits, snack bars, and packaged muffins. I guess when we read the "breakfast included" advertisement we imagined something different.

Besides the lack of cleanliness in this place, we did like the hotel's concept of providing a homely atmosphere for extended stays. The staff was also friendly enough (although I have a feeling they hear complaints about the breakfast all the time). It was an okay stay, but we wouldn't stay here again - an extra $50 per night would've bought a cleaner room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairways and/or on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny332
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that the room was not up to our cleanliness standards. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing with my staff our cleanliness policies to prevent your experience from happening in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at EVR@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

At $90 a night for a queen room we expected more. It did have a kitchen but we really didn't need one this trip.
Their grab and go breakfast was disappointing and did not consist of healthy choices except a few apples and oranges.
But what was horrifying about our stay was we both got bug bites while sleeping. (Our clothes went into a hot water wash when we got home.)
I did check with http://bedbugregistry.com before reserving the room and they didn't have any reports.
Not bad, just basic experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappySequim
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we take remarks like yours very seriously and will take action to ensure our guests are not affected. Also, as we continue to improve our breakfast offerings, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at evr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.