“Not Horrible For What You Pay”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North
Vancouver, Canada
“Not Horrible For What You Pay”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What caught our attention about this place was the very reasonable price - a 3 night stay here was cheaper than a 2 night stay at Best Western. We also saw good reviews on different booking websites, and liked the fact that it was a roomy suite with a kitchen.

The first thing we noticed when we entered the room was a smokey smell although it was a non-smoking room. We considered alerting the front desk, but after opening the windows we didn't notice the smell anymore (or just got used to it). The sofa and the carpet were dirty, and there were opened bags of chips sitting inside the cupboards leftover from previous guests. We also noticed stains on our towels and bathroom counters, dark brownish stains on our sheets, and a dirty sheet poking out from under the bed. Overall, the room was quite filthy. We were also pretty disappointed with the breakfast... it basically consisted of a couple of different fruits, snack bars, and packaged muffins. I guess when we read the "breakfast included" advertisement we imagined something different.

Besides the lack of cleanliness in this place, we did like the hotel's concept of providing a homely atmosphere for extended stays. The staff was also friendly enough (although I have a feeling they hear complaints about the breakfast all the time). It was an okay stay, but we wouldn't stay here again - an extra $50 per night would've bought a cleaner room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairways and/or on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny332
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that the room was not up to our cleanliness standards. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing with my staff our cleanliness policies to prevent your experience from happening in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at EVR@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sequim
Reviewed August 5, 2013

At $90 a night for a queen room we expected more. It did have a kitchen but we really didn't need one this trip.
Their grab and go breakfast was disappointing and did not consist of healthy choices except a few apples and oranges.
But what was horrifying about our stay was we both got bug bites while sleeping. (Our clothes went into a hot water wash when we got home.)
I did check with http://bedbugregistry.com before reserving the room and they didn't have any reports.
Not bad, just basic experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HappySequim
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we take remarks like yours very seriously and will take action to ensure our guests are not affected. Also, as we continue to improve our breakfast offerings, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at evr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Used this hotel for a one night stop over. Found the single attendant (Megan) at the front desk very helpful and friendly. We had reserved a non-smoking room, but the room assigned, although marked as non-smoking, had a strong, stale cigarette smoke smell. After mentioning this to front desk another, smokeless room was assigned at once. I also witnessed another (valid) complaint at the front desk about a plugged toilet. The attendant handled it in a very patient and courteous manner. The room was spacious and simple. The bed was very hard indeed. We are used to, and prefer a firm mattress, but this was a bit more than we liked. The bed also was very squeaky. Which brings me to the least likable part of our stay. The walls/floors are quite thin and the folks in the room above us had an all night marathon going. Squeaky floors and squeaky bed kept us awake for hours. This is of course not the hotel's fault (other than the noisy mattress) but it did make us feel less than pleased with our stay here. But the price was very reasonable, so that balanced things out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you found our bedding to be slightly uncomfortable and were disturbed by the noise it generated. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with excellent guest service.

Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nicely remodeled rooms with stove, microwave, refer. Close to Everett Mall. Stayed two nights. You make up your own bed, get your own towels, etc. best western was $103/night, this was $77/night. Much better deal. Breakfast was pretty basic so we went out to eat. This will be the place to stay when we come see our son in Everett. No pool or fitness center but we wouldn't have used it any way.

Room Tip: We were giver room 104 which is handicapped. The shower leaks all over the floor. The heater didn...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel room and area we are located in As well, it pleases us to know that you enjoyed our great rates. We work hard to provide a great room at a great rate for all of our guests to enjoy.

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For the price it wasn't too bad except the front desk clerk a bit quirky, he put us at the noisy end of the building when there were rooms available that were far from the road. The breakfast can't be called that more like gas station fare on the fly, the bed was awful, hard a lumpy. If they had better beds and I got placed wer it wasn't noisy I would stay there again but wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank belkis52
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the noise, bed, and grab and go breakfast was not up to your standards. I met with the staff, and we have choached our staff to ensure that renting rooms near freeway when closer rooms available is not repeated. We are also currently re-evaluating our beds, and ensuring proper amounts of breakfast are available. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at evr@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travelers are raving about these Everett hotels

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Took advantage of the on-line booking discount. Helpful front-end staff upon check-in and easy check-out procedure. Full-sized fridge and "free" wi fi in room was much appreciated. "Grab & go" breakfast was adequate and convenient. Easy access to and from the freeway. Variety of restaurants and shopping in close proximity to hotel. Only criticisms were the uncomfortable small, soft pillows on the bed, along with a plastic mattress cover that was noisy if you moved in your sleep.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, ammenities, and convenience of our loaction of the area you were in. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay here while working in Everett - I have no complaints at all about the facility. The rooms are standard Extended Stay America (which I consider to be a great value wherever I go). Queen Bed, Kitchenette, full Bath, Flat Screen TV, plenty of room, and free WiFi. Honestly, my customer pays for my hotel, I could stay at more expensive places - but what's the point?
Guest services are always friendly, restaurant choices are close - but not really walking distance. 5 minute drive to the office, to food, to movies.... Freeways 5 and 526 are very close - but I never hear them. Easy commute to anywhere in Everett.
You can choose more expensive spots if you want - but I'm more than satisfied with this Extended Stay in North Everett.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the ground floor and the 2nd floor, both facing the freeways - no complaints with...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank retrac5
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our property. I'm glad that you experienced 'the new way to stay', with us at Extended Stay America. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable fresh room and great guest service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!