“What a great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Baltimore, Maryland
“What a great place to stay”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western -Navigator for 46 days on business and I can't say enough great about everything. The facility is well maintained with maintenance staff and housekeeping constantly working to keep the hotel clean and operational. The buildings are kept up to date with flat screen TVs and wired internet and WiFi.

At check in, I had an issue with the air conditioner in my room and waited until the following morning to report it. At my return from work that day, the receptionist stopped me and notified me of the repairs that were completed and happily instructed me not to hesitate if further issues came up. None did.

The housekeeping staff is remarkably diligent about keeping every part of the facility clean. My room was cleaned everyday - as an extended stay guest the cleaning schedule is modified some but not different than I did at home.

The suites have full kitchens so that guests can cook for themselves if they desire to, which include pots, pans, dishes, glasses and flat wear and the like. The stove are apartment sized stoves with an oven, it even has a full size refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. The suites are arranged like small one bedroom apartments with a king bed and the couch unfolds to a queen bed.

The staff from the general manager to the newest person are all remarkably friendly, helpful and professional.

The hotel is overall quiet, although the rooms on the front of the hotel do get a little road noise from Evergreen Way but that's not horrible and it's not all the time.

There is a complimentary breakfast every morning and the variety is fantastic. They mix the menu up everyday so it's not the same thing. They do provide the staple items, pastries, cold and hot cereals but the main entree is on a rotation and they have a menu posted in the dining area as to what will be served each day of the week.

I could go on and on but I think anyone reading this will get the idea that I am completely satisfied with everything about this hotel. This is the first review I have ever written and I travel quiet a bit during the year for work and recreation. Anyone traveling to the Everett, WA area would be missing out if you didn't plan to stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the suite side and liked the room size, it was ideal for me traveling alone and could ea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JerryL81265

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had very nice 24 day stay here on business and appreciated the HUGE jacuzzi suite. The room was a little outdated but clean and nice. It is close to everything including restaurants and everett mall. Our room was located in the back corner of the hotel and the traffic during early morning and late afternoon hours is very loud.However the lobby staff and maids were very friendly and helpful! The hot meals, Both breakfast and dinner on week days, that were provided at no charge were a wonderful treat after a long day. A great home away from home while on business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
NavigatorSuites, General Manager at Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear WJB12311,

Thank you for making this your “Home Away From Home”. That is one of the best compliments a hotel can receive. I am glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast and evening reception. I shared your comments regarding the staff and they were appreciative.

We hope your business trip was a success and you had safe travels back to Nashville. Please think of us next time business or vacation, bring you back to our area.

Sincerely, Bill Rode – General Manager
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is set just back from a very busy intersection on a quieter street. It doesn't appear to be anything fancy when you walk in, but the rooms are very nice. The room had a full kitchen, but a complimentary breakfast was provided. They also offer an evening reception with snacks, beer & wine - a nice touch. The service was great, wifi was free, as were any forgotten toiletries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NavigatorSuites, General Manager at Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear travellinpaddler,

It is always a pleasure to hear from our neighbors to the North. I hope you had a wonderful trip down to our area and thank you for staying with us. Thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely, Bill Rode - General Manager
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'll start this review by saying that I'm a huge fan of the Hampton Inn line of hotels and am slowly becoming a fan of the Holiday Inn Express chain. I thought I would give Best Western another shot at winning me over and this hotel, while decent, did not do the job.

First off, I was able to use $400 worth of Best Western cards which obviously made this visit very affordable. I stayed 3 nights with a family of five. We booked the King Suite but was upgraded to the "Bubble Tea" suite which had a large jetted tub in the bedroom. The room had a full kitchen and then a pull out sofa couch. We stayed on the second floor, room 200. Overall, clean enough and the king bed was comfortable. The pull out bed was terrible as most are. Although it looked newer, the finishing in the place was sub-par, caulking in the shower looked slapped on, carpet looked dated. Both my wife and I agreed the floor was sloped in our room. The walls are terribly thin, especially from the above floors, but it didn't bother our sleep. Full kitchen again looked dated, but it was useful as we ate in 2 nights out of the 3.

As some have already reviewed, the breakfast area is small, but we always found a seat at the times we went. Food was typical, some hot items and the normal array of breads and cereals.

We did try to the small pool and hottub - nothing too extravagent to report there.

I will say that the location of the place worked well for us as we were touring the area. Somewhat short distance to downtown Seattle (if no traffic) and close to the Premium Outlet mall. There was grocery and restaurants close by as well as the Alderwood Mall.

Staff was friendly and did their best to accomodate us when we arrived early for our check in which was appreciated. They always helped us out when we asked for informatio about the area.

Overall, the hotel just didn't hold up to the properties I've mentioned initially in my review. I believe Hampton and Holiday Inn are on the right track with their upgraded properties, everything is consistent with them and I can see why their rates are slowing increasing as the demand must be high. I'll have to fork up the $$$ to stay with them on my next visits. With my last 2 experiences with Best Western, I'd consider them to be in the lower bracket of hotel chains.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pank
Dear Pank,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. I was very happy to read your comments and compliments regarding our service, cleanliness and amenities. I am also glad we were able to upgrade you to a “Bubble Tub” room in our west wing which features the Hydrotherapy Tub, King “Dream Sleeper” bedding package, glass shower, and fully outfitted kitchens with granite countertops.

We definitely took your comments to heart and conducted a thorough inspection of the room. I must admit, this was a great training opportunity to review proper caulking techniques. Thank you.

As proud owners of a Hampton Inn & Suites in Lynnwood, WA and a Staybridge Suites in Mukilteo, WA (both within a few miles of the Best Western) we understand that different hotels will cater to different guests and their budgets. We believe that the Best Western PLUS Navigator Inn & Suites in Everett offers the best combination of amenities (such as the full kitchens in all our rooms) and value within its price range.

I hope you were able to see all the great sites and activities you mentioned. As an experience traveler, I would very much welcome any additional input you might have to assist us in maintaining our drive to deliver an exceptional experience to all of our guests. Please feel free to call or email me at bill@navigatorsuites.com.

Thank you again, Bill Rode – General Manager
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel! The hotel is very clean and nicely updated. It has all the amenities you could ask for and everything was complimentary. The hotel staff was very accommodating to all the requests that I had and were very very helpful. I needed a shuttle to drop a car off at a private residence and they provided this without hesitation. I also needed help with airport transportation, the hotel does not ofer this as the airport is a considerable distance, but we're able to make the arrangements for me. I would not hesitate to stay with them on a return trip!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
NavigatorSuites, General Manager at Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Sp2525,

Thank you for your kind words and the recommendation. It is our pleasure to assist everywhere we can. After all, you are a guest in our home while you are away from yours. I hope your travels again bring you to our door, where we promise to take good care of you.

Sincerely, Bill Rode – General Manager
Sun City, AZ usa
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Guadalupe does an outstanding job with her service, attendtion and extra everything on the drinks & food service!
Holly was great help in helping getting my boarding pass online as there was a problen with the computer, but she did it & got it up & working to get me my boarding pass.
Natividad was very nice about doing my room that was ahead of her schedual for me.
I can say everyone was very friendly & helpful and I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
NavigatorSuites, General Manager at Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Nancy,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for mentioning the staff by name. I shared your comments with everyone and they greatly appreciated your kind words. We are looking forward to you safe return. See you soon!

Bill Rode, General Manager
British Columbia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I planned a two night shopping get away for myself and my 13 year old daughter, to cele brate her 13th birthday. I have never stayed in Seattle or surrounding areas so I knew very little about locations and distances between outlet malls and hotels. I was feeling a little nervous about the area and condition of the hotel given that I was traveling alone with my daughter. I booked with Best Western Navigator Inn because it ranked top on the list of hotels for the area on Trip Advisor. I was definelty not dissapointed!! The hotel was easy to find and located in an area that had alot of the stores we like to frequent. It was an easy 20 (ish) minute drive to the Seattle Premium Outlets on the I5, and while we did not make it into Seattle I am told it is not too far.

Upon check-in the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. She printed off maps and directions for me to get to the outlet mall, as the I5 highway was crazy busy when we arrived and she noted that there was certain times of day we would not want to be on the highway, but if we were okay with going through the city and backroads there was a different way. She noted that it would take a little longer but if I was okay with that it might be faster than sitting on the highway. The directions were acurrate and easy to follow, and I was greatfull to not be stuck in rush hour on the I5.

The pool was a little small but it was adequate for our purposes and it seemed clean and did not have a super strong chlorine smell (which can indicate a dirty pool). A few hours after check in someone from front desk called the room to see if we were settling in okay and if we needed anything.

We were also given a free hot breakfast service, complete with waffle makers (my daughter loved this) and in the evenings they offered a coffee, wine and light dinner as well. We did not get the chance to use this service but what a lovely idea!

The room was as expected. We had a King Suite which included a kitchenette. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I will definetly stay in this hotel again if I am ever in the area and would reccommend it to my friends and family!

Thank you for making our stay so great! It was a very special Mother Daughter weekend, and your staff and hotel made it that much better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank keepinup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Best Western Cascadia Inn
La Quinta Inn Everett
La Quinta Inn Everett
#3 of 22 in Everett
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Courtyard by Marriott - Seattle Everett Downtown
WoodSpring Suites Seattle Everett

Been to Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!