“TIRED AND NOT CLEAN” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Everett
Scottsdale
“TIRED AND NOT CLEAN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an old property that was hard to find even with Google Maps

The building is old and tired. It is not being cleaned. There is mold inside the knob of the shower faucet. The faucet is actually loose and not secured in the wall. The carpets in the rooms are worn out. The bed looked great but I don't; know what is under the sheets. I did not dare look.

The receptionist was friendly but painfully slow at checkin time. Breakfast is poor and the lady serving it had a bit of an attitude.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank I-HATE-DISHONESTY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Leavenworth, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The company I work for booked for 5 nights for my co-workers and I. My room didn't have a refridgerator nor a microwave as promised. The desk clerk assured me the manager would take care of it the following morning.
The next day I was told the same story; the manager would take care of it the following day. Meanwhile, my perishable items were compromised and I was having to eat at restaurants. Finally, a different desk clerk offered to transfer a refridgerator and a microwave into my room.
So, I bought fresh food, again.
My job site was only 2 blocks from the hotel, which was convenient to walk to and from work. However, I walked back to the hotel on day 3 to find my car was missing. The desk clerk was upset about it and tried several times to contact the manager, but to no avail. Eventually, it was determined that the desk clerk Nicole had had it towed, thinking it was a stolen car! The manager was finally found, relayed a message to me that he would pay for the tow but I would need to go to the towing company and pick up my car! I had worked 11 hours that day, didn't feel I should have to walk several miles to get my car, so I demanded that my car be returned by 5 a.m. It was returned. All in all it was a disasterous stay and I wasn't offered any compensation.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Margieefo
lq6187gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Everett, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, especially the removal of your vehicle. Your vehicle was not registered with our hotel and looked like it was abandoned in our parking lot. Our manager even contacted the local authorities and they indicated that there was a mismatch with the vehicle and license plate.
We are glad that we were finally able to contact the towing company and have the vehicle brought back to our hotel for you. We will utilize this as a learning opportunity for our hotel so that an occurrence like this never happens again.
This was not a good reflection of how our hotel operates. We would like an opportunity to earn your business back. Please accept a complimentary future night stay with us so we can show you how great we can be.

Richmond, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this location for the first time last month, I got impressed with the other La Quinta locations that I thought the quality of each locations are the same. Big mistake!!!! If you are sensitive with cigarette smoke don't make a mistake of checking in most specially if you get a room at the 2nd floor. Their hallway up to the room which I thought is non-smoker is just so bad I thought im having asthma attack. Otherwise, the staff at the cafeteria is making her area really nice and tidy which made up for the lack of sleep I had. Not coming back..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. We appreciate your business with our hotel and apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our hotel is a 100% non-smoking. We have all of our guests sign a non-smoking agreement upon check in that indicates that violators will be charged a minimum fee of $250. However, we do have an occasional guest that breaks our hotel rules, which must have been the case during your stay.

We will make a better effort to monitor our hallways and guest rooms so that we can provide a fresh and pleasurable experience to all of our future patrons.

Best Regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband transferred from Kansas to this area. We stay here for the night before we move into our new home in another town an hour from
here.
It's an older building and the room is pretty small but it is clean. And the fact that it is pet friendly it is perfect for our two mid-sized dogs.

Stayed October 2013
Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here two nights. We were looking for comfortable, clean accommodation in the Everett area & this seemed to fit the bill. The bathroom has recently been updated (though still had a couple of minor items left to finish off). The updates made a good impression as they were not cheap looking. The hotel staff members were very helpful & friendly & the room caretakers kept it spotless, which is important to us so scored points. The hotel is very close to the I-5 so we were concerned about it being noisy but we didn't notice traffic sounds too much. It was a little confusing getting to as the directional signage seemed to be awkwardly placed but once we found the entrance, we just ignored the signage when we returned and came in the more direct way. The location is next to a casino, which we had great intentions of checking out, but we ran out of time.We wished there had been a fridge in the room but otherwise, everything was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
lq6187gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Everett, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and especially for taking time to write a review. We appreciate the positive remarks and we look forward to showing you a better stay each time.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Everett area.

Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a little adventure while trying to get out of our room. The door would not open from the inside when we tried to leave for the evening meal. Somehow the electronic lock malfunctioned and no amount of tugging, yanking, and cursing would open it. I called the desk and a nice young lady came to the room and couldn't open it from the outside either. She left for a few minutes and came back with a special key which didn't work immediately, but with the key and pulling from inside and outside the door finally opened.
We were switched to another identical room. Both rooms were clean and comfortable, but were not as nice as we had hoped. For one thing the bathroom was very small (like a Red Roof bathroom) and the sink was outside of the bathroom. There was very little space around the sink to put toiletries on. We had only 2 hangers in the closet. The confirmation we received said the room would have a 32" flat screen TV, but neither room had one.
Finally, a warning. Do not go looking for this place without written directions. The confirmation e-mail gave good directions, but without them we might still be looking for it. It is really well-hidden behind a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit with us. We appreciate your patience while we worked to fix the locked door. We have never had a situation like this before, but we have replaced the lock and should never have another incident like this again. We are converting all of our guest rooms with flat panel tv's and hopefully have this completed by your next stay with us.

See you soon,

Sechelt, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I were on homeward bound last night and given we had great stays with La Quinta we reserved ahead for the property in Everett. It was nothing like its' write up stating it was an award winner as far as Trip Advisor??? First of all it is hidden behind a Holiday Inn...probably the choice we should've made! Secondly, we did not get the room we reserved in advance for....HELLO!......That's the whole purpose of reservations isn't it? The hotel is in need of being upgraded extensively. It's overall impression is TIRED & DRAB. The hallways have an odour and the elevator was all scratched up and in need of cleaning. The front desk clerk informed us that the hotel was an owner-operatated property and as such the owner didn't necessarily have to conform to the corporate standard. We'll ask next time if the hotel is owner-operated...but La Quinta's corporate office needs to do some checking as every property reflects on the chain and on customer loyalty.

Room Tip: Use the Holiday Inn directly in front of this hidden away, overrated property.