All reviewsthe holiday inn expressroom was cleanwafflespriced hoteloutdoor poolgoogle mapsparking lotstay there againfree breakfastsausagedowntown seattlecoffee makerfront desk stafflqpetnicolefreeway
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First of all the location is terrible and the neighborhood doesn't seem to be the best. People walk through the parking lot from the neighboorhood. The first room we were located in the toilet overflowed. The young man working the desk was very nice and moved us to another room which was right next door. Both of the rooms had a musty smell. The air conditioner didn't work in the second room and they told us to reset the unit but that did not work, so we had to open the window. It was a very noisy night. In the morning the toilet handle fell off. After all of the misfortune, we decided to stay away from the breakfast. At check out the young lady at the desk offered me 25% off of my next stay at that location. What a joke!!!

Room Tip: There is a another hotel next door.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is in behind another hotel and at night when you are unfamiliar a little awkward to get to, you have to drive down a couple of little laneways, but once you know the area it is fine.

A good clean large room, good beds, nice linen and towels, a few more amenities in the bath area. They do have a dog walking area but watch your step, people don't always use the provided bags. Decent breakfast but odd coffee maker, had to wait 5 minutes for staff to renew the "pod" of concentrated coffee, so so taste. Lots of restraunt choices nearby and easy enough access to freeway. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This moderately priced franchise property is in a building originally owned by another major chain. We stay here several times a year because we have family near by. In the last 2 years we have seen continuing updates, new carpeting, upgraded bathrooms, fluffy towels. While not a luxury hotel, our room has always been clean and comfortable. Anything broken was immediately fixed when reported. The breakfast room is large with a fireplace and there is plenty of room for guests to enjoy the hot breakfast without feeling rushed to make room for others. The people with animals are limited to the top floor. The front desk people are extremely friendly and helpful. Christmas, a busy time, I was ill and had to delay our arrival date twice, yet they had a handicapped room waiting for me. After 2 nights, I got very ill and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. They extended our stay in the same room so my husband didn't have to worry about moving but could spend all day at the hospital with me. After I got out of the hospital several days later, they extended again until I felt well enough for the 5-hour drive home. They even had flowers waiting for me in our room! Great people who go the extra mile for their clients. Expect to stay here again in June!

Room Tip: I don't believe they have a fitness center, and there is no restaurant except the free hot breakfast. We are enjoying the new large, flat screen TVs coming to all the LQs. In the summer, ask for a room at the back of the hotel, away from the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
lq6187gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Everett, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is our absolute pleasure to serve each and everyone of our guests'. Thank you very much for your kind remarks and we will look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Jay Ohm
La Quinta Everett

Reviewed April 19, 2013

well this is my third or fourth trip to this hotel because my granddaughter lives nearby. In the past grumpy staff, barking dogs and broken stuff in the rooms were always a problem. Well now we can add mildew and a very strong musty smell to the room. The toilet didn't work well because of a broken handle and the light bulbs were out in two of the lamps. On the positive the breakfast was decent ,the staff have improved and no barking dogs this time around. For 85 bucks and a cup of coffee and a bit to eat in the morning it is still a good deal. Not a 3 star though. Just wonder how many staff it takes to change a light bulb

Room Tip: if you don't like dogs be on the ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

low cost and had all I needed. Friendly staff, room clean and comforable.bkfst a little weak. I don't have time to fill up 200 characters for this review and this requirement s/b dropped by tripadvisor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo