“Nice Desk Staff, but someone entered my room and stole computer”

Best Western Rama Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ephrata
Conrad, Mt
“Nice Desk Staff, but someone entered my room and stole computer”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was staying at this best western while working for BNSF in the area. I had been at my job site all day and upon returning discovered that someone had entered my room and stolen my laptop computer. When I notified the front desk they contacted the corporate office and I was told it was not there problem. If this hotel had not been booked through my work I would not continue to stay. The lack of concern for the safety and privacy of your long term guests is very disappointing. Security cameras were only located on the first floor. I will not be returning and would certainly not subject my family to this kind of treatment.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MChrisco
BESTWESTERNRamaInn, General Manager at Best Western Rama Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2016
Sorry to hear of your concerns, while visiting Ephrata. I have not heard of this before. And we don't have this type repor with any of our clents. But thank you for being it to the managers attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband had business in Soap Lake, Washington this past weekend. We decided to make it a family overnighter, including our 9 year old child and the puppy. After reading the positive reviews on TA, we chose to stay at the Rama Inn. So glad we did!
We were able to get an early check-in, so my child and I had more time to play in the heated Indoor Pool, while dad went to work. Earlier reviews were dissapointed by the Hot Tub not being warm enough, well they must have done repairs, because it was blazing hot (just what I needed). The Sauna was also a bonus, we turned it on and within 20 minutes it was hot enough to sweat. Perfect!
The room was comfortable, the beds were very nice, although the linens were a bit worn. We were in room 202 which was in the front side of the hotel. It was right on the busy road, but the noise was not too disturbing. I might mention, there was a train passing and blowing it's horn around 6am, kindof rattled us up for a minute. My child was more excited than bothered.
The Continental Breakfast was just right. It had all the usual, and in addition, a 'make you own waffle' and Bisquits and Sausage Gravy, yummm.
As I had mentioned we brought our 1 year old pup, who was received nicely. There was a $20 fee for her, and we were glad to pay it, to have her here on this trip with us.
The staff were very courtious, and recommended a place to eat for dinner. And kept busy keeping the breakfast items stocked the next morning.
We are so glad we found the Rama Inn, and will consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wonderful to hear of your stay, thank you so very much for your comment , feeling and being a local is even more welcoming, please come again
Seattle
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I chose to stay here because we generally have good luck with Best Western hotels. This one wasn't any different. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean although the bed was very hard. There is a nice heated swimming pool but the hot tub wasn't very hot. It wasn't even as warm as the pool. There is also a sauna in the pool area that was pretty toasty which was nice. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Please look into to the new addition to the hotel if you stay again, the rooms and beds a little more softer. Thank you for your responces
gypsyrider14
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel met our needs just fine. I was a little worried at first because the walls do seem pretty thin, but the guests all quieted down at bedtime - and so it was wonderfully quiet all night. I like to keep the fan running all night, and the fan's level of noise at this hotel was just perfect! The room was plenty clean and it was large. The bed felt a little bit lumpy (but I'm probably pickier about that than the average person) but when I scooted over a bit, I was able to find a comfortable, non-lumpy spot. We joked about the view out the window but, heck, we weren't there for the view, we were there to get a good night's sleep - and we did!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We have had a full renovation and added on more quitter rooms. Thank you for your response sorry for the delay, under new management
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This manager never returns calls, never follows through with promises and has let this hotel go down. After reading the reviews I was so surprised to find how bad the condition of this hotel was. The bathtub was left with used soap and shampoo. My wife could tell the sheets were not washed and the manager is so unfriendly. As a diamond best western member I was so embarrassed to refer my friend to this hotel. Never again. The Rama Inn needs to model the great best western plus hotel in Ellensburg, WA.

Room Tip: Make sure to check and see if the sheets are clean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brownie007
Sorry under new Management as of April 2013, thank you for getting your comments in
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Cave B Estate Winery & Resort
#3 of 16 in Moses Lake
Ephrata Inn Motel
Ephrata Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Ephrata

Been to Best Western Rama Inn? Share your experiences!