“What a relief, finally a hotel worth staying at in this area.”

Cedars Inn Enumclaw
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Enumclaw
Canby, Oregon
“What a relief, finally a hotel worth staying at in this area.”
Reviewed August 21, 2007

After staying at 2 previous hotels in the surrounding area and reading reviews we were apprehensive of coming here.
Thinking Auburn would be the only way to a decent and clean hotel, Out of desperation I decided to try another one in the area. Well, the 3rd hotel was the charmer!
The older reviews are not accurate, the hotel has new owners and appears to be well kept and they strive for customer satisfaction.
We got a clean room, Everything worked including the Internet. Sheets were not thin, Good water pressure, Towels were decent, pillows fluffy, no smoky smells or weird odors, clean carpets, mattresses were comfortable enough to sleep and not have to toss n turn all night and the rooms are pretty quiet.
The staff, friendly and accommodating.
All in all, this has been an enjoyable stay to this point, even the dog feels at home.
In my opinion this is the best rest in the Enumclaw area!
...and make sure you go to Charlies Cafe for breakfast or lunch. Great food within walking distance. We definately will be back.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — honestly I haven't found it yet.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HisSweeti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We decided we wanted to take a weekend getaway away from the crowds and noise of a bigger city. After researching for a day or so we came across the Kings Valu Inn in Enumclaw. From the appearence and location we felt we found the right place and looking back we sure did! This mall privately owned motel was just perfect. From the well kept outdooor pool, the clean and basic rooms and the close location to Mt. Rainier, this motel hit the spot.

The rooms are very basic and very clean. The firmness of the beds were just right. While there no continental breakfast available, Charlies, a local breakfast/ lunch diner is located adjacent to the property. They serve very large portions at very reasonable prices (open from 6:00AM- 2:00PM.) The pool area as well as the gardens were very well kept. On any given evening you will find Robert, the motel owner, tending to the landscape. He was a very friendly person who takes pride in his property as well as tending to the guests needs. It was indeed a pleasure talking to him while taking a dip in the pool after a days outing to Mt. Rainier.

We spent 2 nights at this motel and for sure we will be returning very soon!.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank nikjdog
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed September 5, 2005

I was looking for a place to stay relatively close to Mt. Rainier National Park. This was a good price for the location, and the drive to Mt. Rainier from here was so awesome I didn't mind staying a little farther away.

The staff was very nice at check in, and the entire hotel is non-smoking, which I like. I got a room with a "kitchen" (okay, it was really just a stove and fridge), and the room was very large. It even had a little patio outside the sliding glass door with a lot of flowers in the yard area behind it.

The room was very clean, with one exception. I'm VERY aprehensive when it comes to bed linens and towels. I never use the bedspread or blanket, only the sheet. An inspection of the blanket on my bed showed numerous, numerous hairs of varying lengths and colors. It was really bad. I just chose not to use it, as everything else was satisfactory, but I'm sure I could have gotten a replacement if I had asked for it. I think this is an issue at most hotels, unfortunately.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I liked the area and it was close to restaurants and gas stations. One tip, despite being billed as King's Valu Inn, the sign outside says King's Motel. I wasn't sure I was at the right place at first.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank Smokey596
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2004

We stayed here August 2003, 3 days. The manager and staff were great, convenient to the fairgrounds where we had our dog shows. Rooms are very large, with a balcony deck. We're staying here again this year and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enumclaw
Guest House Inn Enumclaw
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup

Been to Cedars Inn Enumclaw? Share your experiences!