“Pretty good food, rude service”
Review of Charlie's Cafe

Charlie's Cafe
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Enumclaw
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've dined here twice. My first experience was decent: nothing fancy but a palatable breakfast and adequate service. My second visit involved waiting for 30 minutes for my breakfast while I watched folks arrive after me, get served and finish their breakfast before I had any food. When I politely asked about the prolonged wait, I was told pancakes take a long time to prepare. Really? Shortly after my inquiry, the owner dropped by and told me that if I wanted my breakfast sooner, then I could go into the kitchen and cook it myself. Hmmmmm. Who needs that kind of grief for what should be a low key breakfast out.. Will not be returning....

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Good food at a reasonable price--what more can you ask for! Also helped that it was within walking distance from our motel (Kings Valu Inn) and very easy access off US Hwy 410 near Enumclaw.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped at Charlie's leaving Mt. Rainier on our way to Seattle.
They have great sandwiches - both ham and roast beef. The soups are also good.
And the milk shakes are fantastic.
This place seems popular with locals and has a real homey feel to it.
Too bad there is not one in my home town!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We decided to try this little old place out, as we stayed at the Kings Valu Inn (which is right next door). My SO had pancakes and hashbrowns, and I had bacon, eggs, and toast. The hot chocolate I ordered was piled with whipped cream, and they provided warm, real maple syrup. The food was so delicious, we decided to return the next morning! I loved the French toast!

The service was fantastic the first day! Our server made excellent suggestions and was very intuitive about when we needed something. Our server for the second morning was not quite to polished, but she was very sweet. Also, there was a slight difference in food quality between the two days, but we both still really enjoyed our meals.

The atmosphere is quaint, with old-fashioned Coca-Cola objects and ads, as well as quirky signs and family photos. I'd recommend eating here at least once for a visit to Mt. Rainier.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Right next door to the Kings Valu Inn where we stayed. My husband went over for breakfast while I was getting ready. When I went to meet him and saw his plate 1/2 full with food that he wasn't going to eat, I knew I was not eating there. There was not one thing he liked, not even the coffee.