“Nice place in a nothing town.”

Stay Beyond Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elma
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Service very good, desk clerk was pleasent and helpful. The lobby and room have been updated and were very clean. However, not much to do here, but if you need a place to stop in your way somewhere else, this is just fine.

• Stayed: September 2012
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thanks for appreciating the great service our staff works so hard to provide. No doubt Elma is a small town, but there are plenty of reasons to stay here. For example, just down the road is the Grays Harbor Fairgrounds & Events Center and Grays Harbor Raceway. Being built just a few doors down is the brand new Summit Pacific Medical Center by the Mark Reed Health District, and Satsop Business Park is just a few miles away. As you point out, Elma is a great launching point for many activities - 20 miles are so from Lucky Eagle Casino, the capital in Olympia, and Aberdeen. Many travelers stop on their way too or from the Washington coast or the Olympic Peninsula. Others use us for exploring many of the great outdoor activities inclluding fishing, hunting and hiking in the beautiful Chehalis River valley.

There are newer reviews for Stay Beyond Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed overnight with friends during a tour. Walked in late without booking and got adjacent rooms. Place is clean, adequate breakfast, free wi-fi with good connection. Staff were fine. Place is due for takeover by a new chain according to notices in foyer. OK for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: I guess rooms at rear are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Actually, there is no "take over". We continue to have the same steady ownership and strong management and staff that have built our excellent reputation. We are changing our name to become part of the GuestHouse International brand of hotels. GuestHouse is one of the better known names in the Pacific Northwest with 12 locations in Washington alone. Among other benefits, our guests will enjoy being able to accumulate Rewards quickly by having many hotel options within the same brand.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a terrible experience at this hotel. I was checked in by a young man who appeared to be either intoxicated or on drugs. He seemed very disoriented and provided me a room and key to an occupied room. I walked in to hear someone else in the shower!

When I returned down he was not apologetic and gave me a new room key. I asked to speak with a manager but was told there was not one present. I took the card for the manager and left a message but never was returned.

Pretty much it seems the hotel is the only decent non-drug hotel between Olympia and Ocean Shores so they don't really have to provide customer service.

On the plus side the hotel is exceptionally clean and the rooms are comfortable. I did not hear any noise during the stay at all which isnt always the case at a small motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank theway962
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I am very sorry you were accidentally issued a key to an occupied room. I understand how uncomfortable that can be. Our procedures make it such that we almost never make a mistake like that, and I'm sorry our imperfection created that situation for you.

i also understand how a negative experience like that can cloud your perception of everything else. Our manager has not received any message from you, but if you would like to speak with him to share more of your experience I encourage you to call him at 360-482-6868. We want our guests to let us know if there is anything preventing a delightful stay and we try very hard to provide excellent service in every case.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Microtel Inn after completing a trip around the Olympic peninsula. The hotel was nice. Good size room. Everything was clean and in good condition. We arrived late and only stayed one night, so we were mainly interested in a comfortable bed, which it was. We were informed while we were there that this hotel is in the process of changing names and will no longer be part of Microtel. It was a good place to stay at a reasonable price. Hopefully it stays the same after the change.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank B
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Glad you discovered that we are a great base for a trip around the Olympic Peninsula. Also for trips to the Washington Coast.

We will absolutely be an even better place to stay at the same reasonable price as we change our name to GuestHouse Inn & Suites. We'll have the same great ownership, management, and staff. GuestHouse provides us more flexibility to offer what our guests seem to value, like waffles at breakfast, USA Today newspapers, coffeemakers in every room, etc. Our guests also will hae more opportunity to earn rewards for stays, as there are 16 GuestHouse hotels in WA and OR alone. The program is easy, too - get a stamp on your program card for each night you stay at a GuestHouse and when you get 10 stamps you are rewarded with a $40 gift card or $40 off your next stay.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Loved this hotel! The room was very nice. It was clean, modern and everything worked!! There was a window seat that my young daughter decided would make a wonderful bed just for her; she slept there both nights. We stayed in several places while travelling and this was hands down the best and the lowest rate (or close to it). The customer service was great; one employee ran through the floors to find a clean room for us when we checked in, as we were a little early, because he didn't want to make us wait. Breakfast was good, not a huge selection, but fine for our family. Restaurants in the area weren't very good. We had burgers at the Bears Den in McCleary that were really bland, and the Rusty Tractor was gross. We usually travel with a trailer because I hate to stay in hotels, I would sale it in a heart beat if I knew I would be staying in hotels like this!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for the terrific review!
True we would love to have more restaurants in the area, but there are some good ones we can direct guests to!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very nice place to stay and very clean. very courteous staff. The first time I stayed here was 08 and I stay here every year when I come back due to I know I will have a very restful nights sleep. I would highly recommend staying here. keep up the great work and I will be staying here again in october '12 for a couple days. I also love the fact that you can wash clothes there and free wifi in the rooms was a very pleasant convenience also.

Room Tip: Cannot rate pool due to I did not use it but imagine if its like the rest of the hotel it is very ni...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

We so appreciate that you took the time to review us and you come back to us each year.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this motel on our way to the Washington coast. We had a pet friendly room with a tile floor which was different but not a problem. We were surprised to have a white comforter on the bed in a pet friendly room but it was clean and spotless as was the entire room. The bathroom was large with a tub. This motel is a good value and we would definitely stay here again. There aren't a lot of restaurant choices in the area but the Rusty Tractor just down the road is great if your looking for a nice, homestyle meal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becky8888
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Glad you discovered us and thanks for recognizing the value we offer! We are well-located for those trips to the coast or the Olympic peninsula.

In additon to pet friendly rooms we have a dog run in the back, as well as a large covered patio with tables and free use of our gas grills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elma
BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Little Creek Casino Resort
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia

Been to Stay Beyond Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!