“Good, but room for improvement”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Lacey, Washington, United States
“Good, but room for improvement”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by some of the locals. We went here as a group of 30. We did a pre-order so the food would be done by the time we got there.

When we first got there they knew exactly where to sit us and we were not waiting at all. This was great. Being that the food was pre-ordered, the food did get to us a little slow. We had a reservation at 8 pm and some of our group was barely getting their meals at 830-845 pm. I think that's a long wait for something that had already been ordered.

We had a couple more people added to our group as a last minute and it was a k ward to have them standing while the servers continued to distribute food rather than sit down the people. But, then they bring us additional tables and forget the chairs and silverware. By the we had our silverware, the food was a bit cold.

I had the battered halibut fish and chips. The halibut felt a little hard but not bad. The fries were good, but it came with some red cabbage and I don't recommend you try the cabbage.

One of my coworkers ordered a milkshake and they loved it. Milkshake is highly recommended.

Portland, Oregon
“Great Food but slow service.”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I were in town for two days. Last night we chose to eat dinner at the Palace Cafe after reading the reviews. She had the Rubin sandwich, I had the Flat Iron Stake and a Chef's Salad. The food was very good; however, the time it took for our food to be served was too long. By the time we got our food we had filled up on the appetizers. If you are only slightly hungry and have the time to wait, the food is very good.

• Visited August 2014
Orting, Washington
“Waiting.....”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Food was good once we finally got it. We had a party of 9 but it still took longer than expected to get served. It was the end of the Jazz in the Valley weekend so maybe they were all worn out! I would go there again on a less busy weekend.
Check out the picture hanging to the right of the Women's restroom. One of the most interesting works I have seen.

Visited July 2014
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Very good breakfast! Excellent waitstaff.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We are here for breakfast in early August. We were surprised to find it neatly empty on a Sunday morning around 9:00am. Perhaps folks in Ellensburg like to sleep in, or most everyone goes to church. In any case, we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress, Hadley, was very pleasant, and attentive (but not in an annoying way). Our food came quickly. Two of us had pancakes. They were huge (entire plate!) and delicious. Although they were pricey, (4.79, I think), I also ordered a side of hash browns, too, because I usually love them. First, two pancakes were way more than I could even finish, and I do not have a small appetite. Second, the hash browns covered an entire large plate - enough for an entire family - but they were actually awful. The very top was crispy brown, but the rest was mushy with no flavor. Even smothered in ketchup, I couldn't eat more than a couple bites of them. Two people ordered the strawberry waffle and thoroughly enjoyed them. My husband had the veggie omelet with egg-beaters. He is a tough food critic, but he said it was pretty good, which is a high compliment from him. We all enjoyed our breakfast (except the hash browns... My husband couldn't eat his either. They are horrible. Also, even if they fix them, a breakfast side should be sized and priced for one person, if you ask me.) we would eat here again if passing thru Ellensburg.

• Visited August 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“great food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great food and service. Really liked the atmosphere. Will definitely eat here again. Servers were very nice and attentive to our needs.

Visited June 2014