“Brilliant food and service and really good prices”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went here with a couple of friends while we were visiting them. This place is fantastic, it's very reasonable and the food is delicious and lots of it. Right in the heart of Ellensburg.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a former Ellensburg resident, for over 30 years the Palace has been my "go to place" when traveling through and the place I recommend to my friends. After my last visit, my recommendation will be that it is a place to avoid. After a 45 minute wait to be seated, service which is always sporadic at best, was poor. While the quality of the service was not unexpected the horrid quality of the food was. The corn was tastelss (unless you count the taste of the cob), the steak, ordered medium rare, had no pink, was tough and full of gristle. This was true of all 3 ribeyes and the prime rib ordred at our table. After paying and leaving a decent tip, I asked to speak to the manager. I watched the hostess approach a woman and say something to her, the woman replied, "just tell her I don't have time to talk to her now." I explained, I was not looking for a break on the bill (I had already paid), nor was I looking for any freebie, just wanted to speak with someone. She still "didn't have time" and sent a very young busboy over to speak with me. Every restaurant can have an off day, but customer dismissal is unacceptable.

3  Thank LAEricson
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a busy place! The first thing I worried about were the big parties seated around us. As there were only four of us, and we were on the road back to Seattle, I thought we'd be stuck for awhile.
I was really happy to see our lunch come out of the kitchen ahead of the party of 12 who'd got their order in first (generally, such large parties are not in a hurry). It's a smart kitchen that times orders this way, and it was noticed by me.
Food is pretty good. It's a family style cafe, afterall, but quality and portions are as you'd hope for in such a place. Certainly plenty of items to choose from.
There is a big dessert list, which we did not order from, but looks like it would be worth a return trip to try out.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere the service was excellent the food was outstanding will be back, highly Recommend !

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Kind of blends in with this past its prime type of town. Service started off very slowwwww. Food was satisfactory.