“Maybe an off day?”

The Tav
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Puyallup, Washington
“Maybe an off day?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Went in yesterday with my boyfriend to get a beer and a bite before heading to The Gorge to see Dave Matthews. Place was packed (rodeo weekend) so we were prepared to wait. Sat at a table for 10 minutes patiently waiting for menus. The waitress went to the tables next to us and behind us and never acknowledged us. The waitress was collecting the menus from the table right behind us and so as she turned to leave I gently touched her arm and said "Excuse me. May we have those menus?" She gave me the stink eye and gave me the menus without uttering a word. We left and went to the Ironhorse Brewery and had pizza delivered there.

Visited August 2013

Ellensburg, Washington, United States
“One of my go-to's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

One can never go wrong with The Tav when looking for a cold beer, good burger and fun atmosphere. It was one of the first places I ever ate when I moved to Ellensburg for college 6 years ago, and now that I am a "local" I still go there on a regular basis, whether it be to catch a beer after a run or hike, watch a Seahawks game with friends, or when my college friends come back and INSIST on a visit to The Tav for one rendition or another of their Mother Burgers.

Visited August 2013
Cedar Lake, Indiana
“Nice lunch find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Looking for somewhere to eat lunch while traveling and found this place. Glad we did. The food was good and so was the service. Interesting place downtown. Skip the fast food on the express and go here.

• Visited July 2013
Kent, Washington
“Decent food and bet on tap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have friends who live in Eburg, so this is a favorite place to come sit for a while and catch up, and grab nachos and beer, or a burger. The food was better, maybe a lot better, when we first started coming here in 2002, but it's still decent. the rotating beer selection is always good, and the staff is friendly. I come for the atmosphere, the brick walls with the names and initials of those who've come here before, the wonderful enclosed outdoor patio. If you like that kind of place, check it out.

• Visited May 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Shrimp and fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've been eating at The Tav before it was legally allowed because my dad used to bring it home and it's always been amazing. I'm partial to the shrimp and fries, I've gotten them more times than I can count and I'm never disappointed. The salads are great too, as well as the Texas Toothpicks, and nachos. My husband always gets a burger and comes away happy. This place also has a great atmosphere and serves up great beer. It's fun to come in the summer in an evening to sit outside with live music. They also have an adjoining room for gatherings or parties. I visit the Tav every time I visit Eburg.

• Visited September 2012