“Shrimp and fries”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Shrimp and fries”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've been eating at The Tav before it was legally allowed because my dad used to bring it home and it's always been amazing. I'm partial to the shrimp and fries, I've gotten them more times than I can count and I'm never disappointed. The salads are great too, as well as the Texas Toothpicks, and nachos. My husband always gets a burger and comes away happy. This place also has a great atmosphere and serves up great beer. It's fun to come in the summer in an evening to sit outside with live music. They also have an adjoining room for gatherings or parties. I visit the Tav every time I visit Eburg.

• Visited September 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Great tavern food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We've eaten here several times while visiting Ellensburg and have always had great food and service. Sandwiches are huge (my favorite is the French Dip) and the Manhattan clam chowder is delicious. It's a college tavern but neither too loud nor too noisy. Since we have always had a rather large group they seat us in the back room which is quieter and away from the bar. It's a great spot for great food, simply prepared.

• Visited May 2013
Kent, Washington
“Favorite hang-out with Eburg friends”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've come here a lot in the past decade, ever since our friends moved to Ellensburg. Whenever we visit, we try and make it here for a beer, or for dinner. Last week we did both. It was nice enough to sit outside in the wonderful beer garden and enjoy a pitcher of Irish Death and my favorite burger: the Bacon Blue Mother. Yummy. One thing I love about the place is the exposed brick walls inside and out, and the names of past regulars carved into them. We try to sit in our friend's bench when we can; she was a regular back in her college days at CWU. I highly recommend checking this place out... you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Fantastic sports/college/locals hangout!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stopped on a whim and loved it! Great staff and atmosphere. The food was amazing. Burger cooked to perfection, fresh salad. Server was attentive but not clingy. Great selection of beer. Enticing specials. I will make the trip from Spokane just to eat here again!

• Visited April 2013
“Great burgers, awesome chowder on Friday, best prime rib in town”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. I just wish you could bring your kid in during daytime hours to get some lunch. So please allow families it's one of the best places to eat in town

Been to The Tav? Share your experiences!