“Excellent choice!” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
“Excellent choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We will most definitely be back again! We were recently in town for a concert at the Gorge and, coming from Alabama, we didn't know much about the area. At the suggestion of friends, we decided that we would try staying in Ellensburg instead of our usual spot in Moses Lake...what a great choice!! Ellensburg offers a good selection of restaurants, stores for any needs AND it's almost an hour shorter drive to the airport. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was perfect...very clean, comfortable and quiet for snoozing. Overall, an outstanding weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in the hotel last weekend. Our main reason to stay at the hotel was for the hot tub and pool - we were camping the rest of the weekend so it was a treat. Of all the area hotels, I chose the Holiday Inn Express because it is typically clean and everything functioning and the pool and ot tub looked great from the pictures. To my extreme dissapointment, the hot tub did not work. It was hot, but there were no jets, which is what I really wanted - I lean over a desk all day doing nails, so the massage of the jets was the whole reason for going to this particular hotel and paying the $40 more than other hotels. On top of that, I discovered the hand rail was extremely lose and I caught myself almost falling in and banging my head on the cement. The front desk girl was quick to put caution tape and a sign on it. I'm just glad my little girl didn't try using it first.

The room itself was clean and decently quiet, though bring ear plugs just in case, I could hear the guy snoring next door. Something was up with the tv, a lot of basic channels were blocked, which was weird, but it wasn't that important to us. We got there, did the pool then slept, then up early to do the pool before breakfast. Was so sad the jets still didnt work in the am since the bed made my back stiff :-( The breakfast was adequate and replenished hot. .

Room Tip: Might not be worth the extra money staying here when there a few other similar hotels on the same bl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear seattlenailgirl,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here overnight this past weekend for a concert at the gorge, and have to say..this is the perfect location, conviently located right off of the highway. The rooms were very very clean and spacious, breakfast was excellent, love the cinnamon rolls!! Will definatly be coming back next summer for our annual summer concert.

Room Tip: call ahead for early check in
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Ellensburg. The rooms are immaculate with super clean bathrooms. Service is excellent with very friendly staff and they serve an excellent hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs here were great. We particularly liked the bucolic views from the breakfast room with tables overlooking the fields, this made you feel like you were staying on a country estate. Very nice!

Take note: two weeks before we stayed at the Best Western Lincoln Inn suites which was more expensive and had filthy bathrooms. The Holiday Inn Express is a far better choice. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the fields at the rear of the hotel. Nice and quiet. They give a good rate to se...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oldbackpack
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

As a road warrior, I get to stay over 150 nights a year in a hotel. Rarely do I encounter the professional and warm service I received at the Holiday Inn Express in Ellensburg. My suite was excellent, the staff from front desk staff to housekeeping always greeted me warmly. This is the kind of service I expect from a top tier hotel and I was delighted with my visit. I hope I get to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the HIE while being in town on business. From the moment we come in, the staff truly seemed to be there to make outstay enjoyable. Great rooms, great food, great info on the local area. We were upgraded to king suites, which had a great amount of space, with comfortable beds, and a nice sofa and work area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently stayed here, and everything was excellent. The service was over the top, the entire hotel is immaculate, and the breakfast selection and service were wonderful. The staff was very friendly and cared about our stay. I cannot say enough about this hotel. It is easy to see that the staff enjoy working here, because it shows in how they treat their customers. We stayed her for our anniversary, and it was truly wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 110 reviews
Days Inn and Conference Center Ellensburg
Quality Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Snowcap Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!