“Don't Sleep On Main Floor”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just a reminder to ask for a room at the highest floor level as these rooms have no sound proofing between floors. We had Big Foot roll in above us around midnight and then Big Foot was up around 5 a.m., so you can imagine how well we slept. Also, we had trouble with our AC unit during the night and the room became very warm.

The desk service and the cookies were excellent and the breakfast is better than average, but when I stay in a motel, I do also like to sleep. Just get a room on the top floor with a working AC Unit and life will be good at this Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room and check the AC Unit for workability.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Dale H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to note that you found our staff to be excellent and I am glad that you liked our breakfast choices.

I am sorry to hear about the noise issues you have encountered during your stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you once again.

Dhan M

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Crissy has such a positive attitude. The fresh baked cookies at 7 pm every evening keep my life livable (Crissy makes them fresh every evening)! The continental breakfast is wonderful and they even have to go bags for breakfast if you are in need to get somewhere early and don't have the time to eat in.

Overall all... I WILL WILL WILL STAY HERE AGAIN! A Wonderful community, wonderful area to stay, and wonderful staff====PRICELESS STAY.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I arrived with our 4 children at 9:30 PM (12:30 EST-our time) after checking into a nearby hotel which turned out to be completely unacceptable. We were met by Johanna (and another super sweet gal -sorry! I didn't coach your name!!) who not only was efficient but was incredibly accommodating and sweet to our children. She helped us get a room, gave our kiddos little gifts and a warm cookie and even softened the pool closing hours to allow us to burn some pent up energy. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. The usual fare. In the morning, Johanna was there again. When I went to checkout, she had more fun stuff for our kids. Johanna made our stay memorable and fun. Thank you for that! If we are in the area, we will definitely stay again!!! The hotel was great, the service outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at this HIE over Memorial Day Weekend I guess they were sold out though you never would have known it. I have a large family and though we didn't have a suite, our double queen was enough space for all 7 of us. We did have a slight issue with the door not locking, but once I told the M.O.D it was fixed within 5 minutes. The breakfast was fully stocked and the breakfast host knew what she was doing. (She wasn't running around like a crazy person...) The location was close enough to the Interstate to be convenient and easy to find, but far enough way that the semi-trucks didn't keep us up. OH! There was a creek running behind the hotel that you could hear if you left your window cracked...this was a life saver because it helped my 3yr old twins go to sleep. The pool was excellent to burn off the energy saved up from the long drive, but probably needs to be treated. The bottom was a bit slimy. The front desk staff seems to have a lot of "back-of-house" duties because they leave a sign and bell up most of the time. They were quick to respond if you ring the bell, but I feel that it's more convenient to have someone visible at the desk. Just an opinion...All in all a great hotel. I felt safe and cared for. High five to all the staff...Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms on the "creek-side"...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had the best experience from the moment I checked in, my check in took about 5 minutes which was a first for me on a business trip, hotel was clean, staff was friendly and continental breakfast was great.

Thank you staff @ Holiday Inn - Ellensburg, WA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed weeknights for 9 weeks on business, service was always good and any problems were dealt with immediatly, Maria C. was outstanding at her job and always went out of her way to make me feel welcome. Breakfast was good and out early for the working people. My room was always clean and fresh. Now the marginal stuff the wireless was very marginal, most nights I was unable to video skype, and watching anything hd was out of the question unless you stayed up till midnight, refrigerators in several rooms rattled so loud I had to turn them off to sleep, and the hbo channels were frequently pixellated making them unwatchable( just hbo)! And lastly the hot water was so over softened I never felt rinsed clean, just oily. Hey I am fussy, I spend 100+ nigts a year in motels,hotels. Overall I would return to this hotel as clean and courteous go a long way to making a long stay not just tolerable but enjoyable
!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Russ F,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the amenities and services that we have to offer as well as the breakfast choices.

I apologize that you had some services that are not working well in the room. I understand how it feels not to be able to enjoy our entertainment facilities. All our team members pay special attention to every amenity and service and can only offer you my sincere apologies for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dhan M

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not a bad place to stay while in Ellensburg, though I had expected more.

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite, the tub was big and comfy. The room was large and spacious and clean. Had a nice view of the field and stream, which are behind the hotel, which was currently covered in Snow, and ice.

Fresh cookies in lobby in the evening, check in process was quick and easy, and front desk staff were friendly.

The bedding was nice and clean, and a selection of firm and softer pillows, but the bed was not nearly as comfortable as I would have expected, I have had better at Holiday Inn in the past. Wasn't super firm, but wasn't soft, supportive or comfortable by my standards, There are far more comfortable beds in town, for a better nightly rate.

Breakfast in the morning was the best thing. Hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, along with a Pancake machine. Pastries, fruit, breads, cereal, juice and coffee. One of best breakfasts I have seen at a hotel. Breakfast area was well kept, and has a nice fireplace that added to the ambiance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KJ9000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear KJ9000,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast. However, it is regrettable the bed was not to your liking. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Best Western Snowcap Lodge
Super 8 Ellensburg
Super 8 Ellensburg
#3 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!