“You're Welcome Inn Ellensburg”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Holiday Inn Express is my home away from home when I'm on business or a weekend away. Comfortable, Friendly and Polite from the minute Dave acknowledges me at the door to the breakfast Lisa fixes every morning. I find the rooms clean and the staff willing to accomadate. Holiday Inn Express has always been flexible for my flex-schedule in Ellensburg, just pick up the phone, explain and they have place ready when I arrive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our second trip to this Holiday Inn and once again, the staff was friendly and very professional. Our daughter plans to attend college in the area so we wanted to get a feel for the city. Our second trip was to get her settled into her new apartment and school. The facility was clean and up to date. The rooms were clean, cool, and well stocked. The pool is great although, the hot tub was under repair. We received an email several days prior about this so it was no problem. When we checked in Crissy helped us a great deal and had the warm cookies ready! The weather was HOT (August) and the hotel was cool and extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good and got our day off to a great start. This hotel is the only place we will stay when in Ellensburg! Thanks for a great visit.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms were best as they are not on ground level and a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express was a great place to stay. The room was immaculate. The air conditioning worked and created a pleasant environment. The room had a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. There were quality towels and amenities in the bathroom. The breakfasst was outstanding, including the pancake maker, cinnamon rolls, omelettes, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, juices, assorted breads, and coffee. One of the better breakfasts being served. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Request top floor to avoid having anyone above you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

For its star rating, this hotel is appropriately comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did not experience any glitches. So, while I would not rave about it and recommend it for your special vacation, if you are traveling and need a comfortable and clean place to stay in Ellensburg, I would not hesitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back side of the property away from the main road, pool and elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The first room they gave me already had someone in it. Luckly for me they weren't NRA nuts. I hauled all my stuff from room 325 back to the desk. The clerk reasinged me to room 327. Back to mey new room. The card key didn't work. Back to the desk. She rest the lock again.
back to room 327. Card still doesn't work, back to the desk. This time she gives me roon 122. After 4 trip to my room I finallly get to put my luggage down. She also screwed up the original people in 325. She made no offer to make up for their screwups. I wanted to speak to someone else about this but no one was at the desk or answering the bell at 5:30 am when I left. This happen 07-30-12 at the Holiday Inn Express in Elllenburg, WA. Conf no 67877715

Glen Varvil

Room Tip: Go to the Best Westerner
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Glen V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Glen V,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I hadnt used HI Express before, and this little hotel was a terrific surprise. Front desk staff were ridiculously warm and helpful, room and furniture and bath all looked newly redone and in excellent condition. Request a creek-side room! TERRIFICALLY QUIET and private, shaded view of the creek and across the hayfields through the tall windbreak trees. You would never know you were .25 miles from the second busiest highway in the state.

Little touches in an economy hotel are a real treat you dont expect:

-- every desk person I spoke with was eager to assist, professional and friendly and repeatedly went out of their way to ask how they could be as helpful as possible
-- carefully accommodated my emailed requests for quiet room away from stairs ice machines etc, and checkin request for view-side top floor
-- lobby appears new: all marble and nice furniture
-- scrupulously , and I mean sparkling clean bathrooms off the lobby
-- breakfast room furniture in great shape, kept new and very clean and all buffet machinery well kept
-- the breakfast includes eggs pancakes yogurt biscuits bacon and other surprises as well as the usual cereal and pastries
-- rooms are precooled! a/c already on, great surprise to arrive to after a hot July day of driving
-- clearly new, firm beds, nice new sheets and shams, and two sets of pillows embroidered with "soft" and "firm" -- when was the last time a hotel pillow didnt give you scoliosis by morning?
-- good functional AC in the room, not too loud and easy to adjust
-- Hangers that come off the rods, easy to hang things in bathroom etc
-- Thick towels
-- Free, oversized hot cookies baked on site and available in the lobby at 7pm. Sounds silly sure, but what a simple comfort to go out of your way to make. And then, when they were out when I came back from dinner, the evening desk clerk said, brightly, "I'll make more!" And offered to deliver them to my room. Seriously, who does that?

Also a really good steak can be had at the restauraunt (Spurs) at the otherwise rather battered Quality inn next door.

Usually a budget off-highway hotel is just an exercise in lowered expectations. What a tremendous relief to arrive somewhere that has had actual capital investments -- and appears so eager to work for your budget dollars. Off a truck-stop exit on the interstate!

Room Tip: Tree-side rooms face east, so darker and cooler in the afternoons. View of creek and fields is grea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am always pleased to stay at a holiday inn express, this one did not disappoint me. A smiling face and friendly service made hours of harduous driving vanish. The room was beautiful and already cooled. As a priority club member, I had a cold water bottle, peanuts and pop corn graciously offered. Cookies would be served at seven pm. TWO THUMBS UP. It's all in the little things. I will eagerly look forward to staying again on my return trip. Breakfast is also included.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Best Western Snowcap Lodge
Super 8 Ellensburg
Super 8 Ellensburg
#3 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!