“Forget Grandma's House, Stay Here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Federal Way, Washington
“Forget Grandma's House, Stay Here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Although this was a business trip, I found myself really enjoying my short stay at this Holiday Inn Express. After a nail biting driving across the snow-covered Snoqualmie Pass from Western Washington, it was a pleasure to receive a warm greeting from the front desk staff. When I made it to my room, I found it to be comfortable, inviting, and oh so cozy. At the end of my day, it was a joy to snuggle in to my soothing bed and just drift off to the land of snooze because my room was extremely quiet. In the morning, I did not partake in the breakfast fare, but it did look delicious and well beyond the traditional continental breakfast. The hotel is centrally located with plenty of eating establishments surrounding it. I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Naharai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ellensburg, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Brittany has taken care of us in multiple ways today. Answered lots of questions. Made arrangements for our stay for 7 days in Seattle, WA. Made sure our laundry was dried even though the guest clothes dryer was not working. We are extremely proud or what she has done and how she has represented your hotel.

James & Connie Vinton
6-6-2011

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank convin22
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed one night as we traveled through the area. Everything was very pleasant. Holiday Inn Express has a great selection for breakfast that made everyone happy. We had a room on the top floor in the back of the building and it was very quiet! The room overlooks an open field and a nearby irrigation ditch lined with tall trees, giving it a peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

This was a great place to stay with kids. The staff was very nice and the rooms were very well insulated to sound. They easily accomodated our small dog. The free breakfast was decent. The pool was fun for the kids.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have a view.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a pullout. I did not sleep well, uncomfortable bed. They need to get rid of the wallpaper, wash the blankets and please change the beds. The room and bathroom needsto be updated. I would not stay again. They also need to be upgraded their buffet. We would not eat the eggs, the waffles were average at best. We had to go to Jack in the Box, so buffet didn't save us any money. If cleanliness or new is top on your list, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bball-Mom03
Manager-Ellensburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us and we are disappointed to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. You stated our hotel needs updating which is surprising as our hotel is only 5 years old. There is also some other details of your stay that we would love the opportunity to discuss with you further. We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy called our “Hospitality Promise” and we want to make sure we do what is right to make this up to you. Additionally, we want to take the necessary steps to ensure these issues do not arise again. Please contact us toll free at (855) 962-9400 or by email at ellensburgHIE@yahoo.com. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for sharing your comments.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have a very high standard for hotels. But we were in a small town and I wasn't expecting the greatest accommodations and was ready to be okay with what ever kind of room we got. I have never been so happy to be wrong! I don't use the word "giddy" very often, especially not to express my own self, but I was absolutely giddy! From the great service at the front desk with the welcoming lobby, to the amazing room with soft soft sheets and pillows and comforters. I normally wake up at 6:30, even on weekends. That day, we didn't wake up until 9:00 we were so comfy! We took so long to get out of bed that we missed the continental breakfast! Highly recommend. Hope all Holiday Inn Expresses are this awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kj_chin
Havelock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Traveled cross country to drop our child off at college. The hotel accommodations made the trip more comfortable at a time that was emotional! We are a well traveled military family, so have spent many nights in hotels across country as well as overseas. This hotel has, by far, been the best quality hotel I have stayed in and I have stayed in some upscale hotels. I look forward to my return to Ellensburg and without a doubt will book with HIE. The rooms were very clean. The Staff were customer service friendly. The breakfast was wonderful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel
4.0 of 5 stars 112 reviews
Days Inn and Conference Center Ellensburg
Quality Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Snowcap Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!