WINNER WONDERLAND

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Kennewick, Washington
“The Cancellation Policy is NOT kind to travelers.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The people were friendly and helpful upon check-in. The room was on the small side but okay. The bathroom had a smaller than normal toilet as the bathroom was too small for a regular toilet. White silicone was smeared on everything in the bathroom. The AC/Heater was loud but worked well. When AC/Heater cycles off you can hear all of the units from your neighbors. When the Heater goes on you cannot hear the TV, so turn the TV up. When the Heater goes off the TV is so loud that it is deafening.

The room we stayed in had a refrigerator and Microwave. NO Coffee Maker in room! Internet service worked well with easy login. No bar soap for the tub. Please stand up and get the liquid soap and then sit down and take your bath. If you need more soap then stand up and get more. What a pain! So much for a relaxing bath. Have fun with the sheets. The bottom fitted sheet came off again and again and again. Cedar Inn, please buy sheets that fit the mattress!

Not all Cedar Inns are the same. Some Cedar Inns have sheets where you will not need to make the bed 50 times during your stay.

After making a number of calls we did get a refund on the night we did not stay. We told them 48 hours or more that we needed to cancel. With too much time and effort we did get a refund.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you stay here. Wait for them to buy sheets that fit the bed. Wait for them...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ed258536

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Cedars is conveniently located off I-90. The rooms are very clean and well kept. The staff is very nice and accomodating to your needs. The microwave and fridge is a nice plus. The bath was very clean as were the towels and the shower had plenty of hot water.I will stay there again when passing by Ellensburg.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the motel face the river and is very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank deeppurple1
Nanoose Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived at 10pm after a long day of travelling on our way to Idaho with a confirmed reservation. Right before the turn off to the hotel, we were pulled over for speeding... we could literally see the hotel while the cop wrote us a ticket. When we arrived, the hotel clerk informed us that there are more cops per capita in Ellensburg than anywhere in the US, so be warned. This is an inn so the rooms were all facing the parking lot with outside doors and you can hear people arriving and leaving. When we entered our room, we realized that this room required an immediate bed check. Pulled back the covers and noticed black hairs on the pillows. I bring my own pillow so no problem for me, but my husband didn't and so he went to use the phone to request a new pillow case. He picked up the phone and it was dead, so he decided to walk back to the front desk, but when he went to leave, the door knob fell off. By this time I had wandered to the bathroom to check it out and realized that the bathroom floor in the toilet/bathtub area (the only place not carpeted) was stained black and so I would probably leave my flip flops on. When I saw that we were trapped in our room with my husband holding the knob, I couldn't help but laugh. Good thing he knows something about construction and was able to get out and get to the front desk. They were apologetic and gave him a few pillow cases and sent someone to fix the knob. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet and there was no protein of any sort so we ate nearby at a restaurant across the street. Overall, the room was inexpensive ($60/nt) and you get what you pay for, but I don't think there are any excuses for hair on the pillows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vifamily

Travelers are raving about these Ellensburg hotels

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were also looking for an affordable place to stay after attending a concert at the Gorge Amphitheater. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. Glad I brought my own pillow, however! The room was very outdated and could use a bit of an overhaul. As other reviewers have mentioned, the walls were very thin so we were woken up very early by other guests around us. I would stay here again but only if everywhere else is booked up!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place close to the Gorge Amphitheatre to get back to after a concert. This was the closest that I could find even 5 months in advance. (The best, and closest, place to the Gorge is probably rented out by the band, as in this circumstance.) It was very cheap but you get what you pay for. A basic, comfortable room that is outdated and smells of old smoke. On the positive, the staff is great. We were able to check in nearly 4 hrs before check-in to store our lugguge before the concert. Also, I slept so well it was hard to wake up the next morning. It served its purpose and if we ever get back to the Gorge we might stay here again if we can't find anything closer.

• Stayed September 2012
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

When the hotel name popped up following booking on Hotwire, I was dreading my stay. Not saying that this place is a five star luxury or anything, but it was a nice clean rest stop for a night. Checked in very late and was given a second floor corner waterside room which was really quiet. I was completely exhausted when I checked in and didn't notice when neighbours checked in - but I can't speak for them since I was up before they were. And the shower was loud... so my neighbour's review may be very different from mine. Loved the fact that there was a little fridge and micro in the room too. You can tell that there have been updates made to the motel, but the linen is still of an older, tired vintage. I really wasn't there for a long time - just to get off of the hwy - but it served my needs very well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
AUSTRALIA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of bush fires in the nearby area. We found the room very outdated and far too much furniture for the size of the room. It was very very noisy as the walls are very thin and we felt like the people in the adjoining room were in our room. Would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple