“Best of Ellensburg”
Review of Valley Cafe - CLOSED

Valley Cafe
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Valley Cafe is known as one of the best restaurants in Ellensburg! This business has been continuously operated since 1930 and still retains the original Art Deco decor from its 1938 remodel. This is a farm to fork restaurant using local ingredients for a more flavorful experience. The business also features a separate juice/coffee bar that serves sandwiches, soups and salads which is adjacent to the restaurant and located within the same building.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Possibly the nicest restaurant in Ellensburg. The menu is creative and focused, and the art deco theme carries through well. It's an older building, but clean and inviting.
Two things really make The Valley stand out. For one, they have good chefs- not something you imagine in a small town. My favorite menu item is the crab, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado salad. I had that last week when we went there. The other thing is that each month they feature a different winery, and I have had the opportunity to sample wines from several Washington state vineyards, including Waterbrook and Walla Walla Vintners. There is a take-out menu for wines as well.
Remember that this is not an inexpensive venue. You get what you pay for.

1  Thank Antoinette D

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This used to be one of our favorite places to eat on our frequent trips between the tri-cities and Seattle, but our last visit there was really disappointing. For one the menu really hasn't changed in the last 10 years. I ordered my usual favorite, the Chicken Marsala, and it just did not have the usual care taken in preparation of the dish. It was flavorless and heavy. Too bad too because the atmosphere is still charming and enjoyable. However, at a restaurant, food is king. Charm and nostalgia don't make up for careless food prep.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

On our way home from ski trip in Montana and decided to stop. The 4 of us were all delighted! Atmosphere was charming; service excellent; food delicious! I had the BEST pasta premevera I have ever had! I highly recommend. We will stop again when in the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I first stopped for dessert in this quaint diner. The dessert was fantastic, and we liked what we saw being served to the diners around us. So we went back the next night, and were thrilled with our meal. Delicious salads, bread with an interesting lemon herb oil dip, and amazing main courses. The portions were generous, the food interesting and flavorful without being pretentious, and excellent service. We both give it our highest marks. The decor was also quite interesting... Original Art Deco booths, flooring, back bar with reach-ins and countertops in very well kept conditions. We loved this place and will visit again when in town or even passing through.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We always stop at this restaurant when we are in Ellensburg. The food is fresh, delicious and innovative and the service is excellent.