“Below average”
Review of Motel 6 Ellensburg

Motel 6 Ellensburg
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed March 16, 2014

When we walked into the room is smelled of something strange. The rooms had been remodeled and had many newer features like bath fixtures. The room was large, but mostly empty--apparently designed for two beds and only had one. The floor was covered by some loosly fitting material the moved when you walked. Very poor feeling. Wi-fi worked OK, but took time to set up. Older TV and poor cable quality and blackout of some Seattle network programs. Check in clerk was somewhat abrasive. Heater cycled on and off keeping us awake at night. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is one of the remodeled Motel 6s. Works perfectly when you just want a clean place to sleep. Bonuses: 1) Helpful staff 2) A location within walking distance of downtown Ellensburg and good restaurants 3) Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for about 2 weeks and enjoyed our stay. Pets are free which is nice because we travel with our dog. The rooms were recently updated and clean. We liked the little kitchen in our room. They give you a good variety of cooking utensils and pans. The WiFi didn't work that great at times but it didn't really bother us much. Definitely the nicest motel 6 we've been to. Good price as well. We would stay again if we're in the area!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hey, if you're staying at Motel 6, you know what you're going to get-- a basic room without the frightening levels of filth you can get at similarly priced independent motels. This Motel 6 has that covered and a bit more.

The room I had was recently redone in a funky minimalist modern style. While the Pergo-style hard floor was colder than the old carpet, I bet it's much easier to keep clean. The included WiFi worked, but the Apple device auto-login was messing things up until I disabled it. Performance was good enough to run Netflix, which is all any Motel-dweller could ask for.

Best of all, the flatscreen TV had easily accessible HDMI and composite video ports to make killing time that much more entertaining.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I don't expect a lot from Motel 6 but the room has an awful smell and it's orange. I did look at a picture so that wasn't a surprise but what an awful color - not relaxing at all. Wi-fi service wasn't great. Lost internet access. The girl who checked us in was very nice. I think next time I'll pay a little more. No more Motel 6 for me.

• Stayed: November 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Kimmielu,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the wifi and odor conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I arrived thinking from the exterior "uh oh". Went into office and was treated very well. Got to my room and am pleasantly surprised. Clean, spacious and I had a cute little kitchenette. I'm here for a week, and wasn't willing to spend $100+ a night. The price was right AND I read the review from July 2013 first!! Defiantly bare bones (I had to buy coffee filters so I could have in room coffee) and do bring shampoo. Lol! Otherwise I'm happy with the choice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We love coming to Ellensburg every year for the Rodeo. We been three times now. Each time we have stated at the Motel 6.

The rooms have been remolded and so it gets better with each year. I recommend the rooms with kitchen. It was small but very efficient for the two of us. We had all the utensils needed to make enjoyable meals saving us a lot of money during our stay. Oh and don't forget to visit Irene Reinhardt Riverfront Park and Canyon Road as the the Yakima River slices through Basalt Cliffs and beautiful wildlife.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg
Timber Lodge Inn
Timber Lodge Inn
#4 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Motel 6 Ellensburg? Share your experiences!