“Another mediocre Best Western”

Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have read some of the other reviews and so booked this hotel for a one night stay as we headed out on holidays. I try BW first as we have a points card and if they are rated well on tripadvisor then we stay there first.

It is located close to freeway so it is convenient. The staff were good at check in and we received all the information we needed as far as internet, breakfast etc. I have no issues with these parts of the stay. I would say friendly, helpful, but kind of what you expect.

Ratings that I looked at said " newer, clean " etc. My standards must be higher. I noticed that the carpets in the halls were bunching and not particularly clean. The tile in the elevator needs attention (grout etc) and it was not clean, dirt and paper on the floor. When I go into hotel rooms I look at the corners both in the carpeted area and in the bathroom. In this case both were dirty and had not had any attempts at cleaning for awhile. So like I said I may have different standards but is it too much to ask that the dirt in the corners be vacuumed.

Breakfast is what you expect in hotels that offer continental. It has cold cereals, breads,yogurt,etc. It did have some scrambled eggs and sausage which was more than I see usually and they were good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that my staff were helpful at check in and that your stay with us was stress free!
I appricate your honesty in letting me know what areas are not getting cleaned so that we can continue to improve the services and comfort we offer to our guests. I assure you your voice has been heard and we will take steps to improve our hotel for your next visit; as well as for our future guests.
Again, thank you for your review. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Located close to the freeway this is a great place to stay. We were just on an overnight stay but our time there was very enjoyable. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member & given a room on the top floor. Nice & clean throughout the hotel , bed very comfortable with lovely linens & plenty of towels in the bathroom. No traffic noise but being Ellensburg there are trains to be heard if your a light sleeper. Nice breakfast in the morning then on our way. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I appriciate your kind review of our hotel! I enjoy every opportunity I am given to let my staff know their kindness and helpfullness was appriciated!
I also am very pleased to hear you enjoyed a nice breakfast before you had to head out on the road for the rest of your journey. We look forward to your next visit here in Ellensburg!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at the BW Lincoln Inn & Suites only for one night when passing thru Ellensburg. This is a newer hotel with large rooms tastefully decorated. Very clean and modern and as usual with a Best Western...very comfy beds with ample pillows. No problems with wifi or TV reception. Large pool area which we did not use. Stayed on the top floor... vending machines were located unfortunately only on the first floor. Our room also faced the rear of the hotel which was very quiet.
Complimentary full breakfast was included with our stay which was offered in a spacious area. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Walking distance to restaurants.
This hotel was very reasonably priced and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I am very excited to hear that your stay with us was one of comfort, and ease!
We take pride in providing a clean, cofortable, as well as friendly atmosphere for our guests!
We can't wait for your next visit here with us!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My now-wife and I stayed here to scout it out before recommended it to out-of-town guests at our wedding. The room and facilities were great, and front desk staff were very helpful when we asked about transportation and other logistics for the wedding. We will definitely stay here whenever we're in Ellensburg overnight.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I love that you were able to come and experience our hotel first-hand before you reccomended it to your guests! It gives me joy in hearing you enjoyed our property so much you trust us to take care of your guests on your special day! We love having wedding parties at our hotel, as it is great to see family come together and just enjoy the time with eachother, and celebrate together!
Congratulations to your and your wife! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for four nights. No problems. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. They have gas grills out back on a small patio with a couple of tables. I didn't use them but only because my free time was very limited. Location is good if you're looking for access to the Yakima River or I-90, but not close to downtown or the university.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our facility! I am thrilled to hear that you stayed with us and had a wonderful time!
We look forward to your next visit, and hopefully you will be able to use our BBQ grills and enjoy a nice relaxing night!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in order to attend the Ellensburg Rodeo over Labor Day Weekend (a great event, by the way - one of the 10 best/biggest rodeos in the country). Our room/suite was spacious and clean, and the environment was quiet, even though the hotel was completely booked. The staff at the front desk were very warm and welcoming - happy to answer questions or just help in any way. The breakfast was 'expanded continental', and had pretty decent choices available for just about anyone's taste.

One negative thing that happened to us was that after our 2nd night, we returned to the hotel after a long day to discover both of our room 'key cards' had been deactivated, so we couldn't enter the hotel through the rear entrance, or get into our room. Both my husband and I kept a key card separately (away from any keys or cell phones), but neither one worked. This has never happened to us at any other brand of hotel (maybe incidental, maybe not). Oddly enough, this has happened to us several times when staying at various Best Western properties in varying States - when staying multiple nights, the key cards are deactivated automatically after the first night or two. Last time this happened to us in Northern California, it was late at night, everyone was tired, and when I went to the front desk/entrance, I found myself in the company of several other guests experiencing the same thing - deactivated key cards. I am not sure if Best Western has some kind of 'glitch' in it's corporate key card software, or if they are extra sensitive to outside interference that causes them to deactivate easily. It is pretty frustrating, however....

Room Tip: The rooms near the rear entrance are very quiet, and convenient for loading/unloading your luggage o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your reveiw! I love hearing when our guests have had a nice stay with us! I am glad that my front desk staff were helpful to you while visiting our area.
I am very sorry the key cards were not working properly during your visit! I have ordered new cards and we have discarded the last we had of the old ones, just to be sure this doesn't happen to our guests agian. I thank you for letting me know that this happened so we may take the proper steps to prevent this from happening again.
We hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel overall. We spent 3 nights while seeing Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge Amphitheatre. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, there was a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. It was incredibly quiet, the room was nicely decorated and clean. They had breakfast each morning from 6-10am (waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee etc) and it was nice to be able to eat without having to leave the hotel. My only complaint would be the parking - not enough!!! The hotel was completely sold out, and every night when we arrived (between 1230-1am) there was not a parking spot to be had. we ended up in a gravel lot behind the main one, and then a slight hike to the hotel. Annoying, and the reason they didn't get an excellent rating from me.

Room Tip: Hotel is 3 floors, so a room on the 3rd floor is the quietest. There is only 1 elevator, but you ca...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel! I love hearing how comfortable you were while staying with us! I heard that the Dave Matthews concert was fabulous!
I appriciate your honesty in regards to the parking lot being full, and how frustrated you were to not have better parking options. I am very sorry this was an issue during your stay. I will look into how we can better serve our guests under these circumstances.
I look forward to your next visit here with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#5 of 11 in Ellensburg
Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg
Best Western Snowcap Lodge

Been to Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!