“Pretty decent, relatively new hotel”

Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for four nights. No problems. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. They have gas grills out back on a small patio with a couple of tables. I didn't use them but only because my free time was very limited. Location is good if you're looking for access to the Yakima River or I-90, but not close to downtown or the university.

• Stayed: September 2012
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our facility! I am thrilled to hear that you stayed with us and had a wonderful time!
We look forward to your next visit, and hopefully you will be able to use our BBQ grills and enjoy a nice relaxing night!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in order to attend the Ellensburg Rodeo over Labor Day Weekend (a great event, by the way - one of the 10 best/biggest rodeos in the country). Our room/suite was spacious and clean, and the environment was quiet, even though the hotel was completely booked. The staff at the front desk were very warm and welcoming - happy to answer questions or just help in any way. The breakfast was 'expanded continental', and had pretty decent choices available for just about anyone's taste.

One negative thing that happened to us was that after our 2nd night, we returned to the hotel after a long day to discover both of our room 'key cards' had been deactivated, so we couldn't enter the hotel through the rear entrance, or get into our room. Both my husband and I kept a key card separately (away from any keys or cell phones), but neither one worked. This has never happened to us at any other brand of hotel (maybe incidental, maybe not). Oddly enough, this has happened to us several times when staying at various Best Western properties in varying States - when staying multiple nights, the key cards are deactivated automatically after the first night or two. Last time this happened to us in Northern California, it was late at night, everyone was tired, and when I went to the front desk/entrance, I found myself in the company of several other guests experiencing the same thing - deactivated key cards. I am not sure if Best Western has some kind of 'glitch' in it's corporate key card software, or if they are extra sensitive to outside interference that causes them to deactivate easily. It is pretty frustrating, however....

Room Tip: The rooms near the rear entrance are very quiet, and convenient for loading/unloading your luggage o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your reveiw! I love hearing when our guests have had a nice stay with us! I am glad that my front desk staff were helpful to you while visiting our area.
I am very sorry the key cards were not working properly during your visit! I have ordered new cards and we have discarded the last we had of the old ones, just to be sure this doesn't happen to our guests agian. I thank you for letting me know that this happened so we may take the proper steps to prevent this from happening again.
We hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel overall. We spent 3 nights while seeing Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge Amphitheatre. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, there was a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. It was incredibly quiet, the room was nicely decorated and clean. They had breakfast each morning from 6-10am (waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee etc) and it was nice to be able to eat without having to leave the hotel. My only complaint would be the parking - not enough!!! The hotel was completely sold out, and every night when we arrived (between 1230-1am) there was not a parking spot to be had. we ended up in a gravel lot behind the main one, and then a slight hike to the hotel. Annoying, and the reason they didn't get an excellent rating from me.

Room Tip: Hotel is 3 floors, so a room on the 3rd floor is the quietest. There is only 1 elevator, but you ca...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel! I love hearing how comfortable you were while staying with us! I heard that the Dave Matthews concert was fabulous!
I appriciate your honesty in regards to the parking lot being full, and how frustrated you were to not have better parking options. I am very sorry this was an issue during your stay. I will look into how we can better serve our guests under these circumstances.
I look forward to your next visit here with us!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was perfect! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and the rooms large. It has everything including grills outside with picnic tables. Wi-fi worked fine for us on the third floor for our overnight stay. Good location

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Robin-
THANK YOU!
I am pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay was trouble free and comfortable!
I cannot express my pleasure by knowing you had a great visit to our area, and stay in our hotel. I look forward to your next visit with us!
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Attended a wedding in Ellensburg on the 25th, needed a place to stay, this was convenient and right off I-90. Room was clean, the A/C in this hotel needs a major overhaul....the hallway A/C's were blowing hot air! The internet...well this is the first hotel I have stayed in that it didn't work, probably because of being on the 3rd floor.....had to go to Starbucks to use my laptop...but no big deal to me, I love coffee...the one MAJOR drawback is the lack of parking spaces. If there are 100 rooms, there should be 100 parking spaces. Semi-truck should not be allowed to take up to spaces, nor should motor homes! These two particular vehicles only took up 2 extra spaces, but there was simply not enough parking. I counted 13 vehicles including ours that had to park where they could find space, and none of us were parked in proper parking spaces!! 7 of us were parked in a gravel lot behind the hotel! Not so goods....fix your parking problem...other than that, I have stayed at far worse hotels....oh the continental breakfast was great, and the little gal (didn't get her name) running it was awesome, cheerful, and dang she didn't miss a thing!!

Room Tip: Lower floors will get you better internet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xjigglesx
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you so very much for letting me know about our hallway a/c units not functioning properly! I assure you I will take care of this matter right away! Our internet was down due to a local outage and I am so very sorry that you were inconvenienced in such a way as to have to go to Starbucks to merely use the internet. I would like to assure you our systems are up and running fully and please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack internet during your stay. I heard that the wedding was wonderful and I hope you enjoyed it fully!
I would like to also apologize for the lack of parking spaces we have.
I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast choices, as I was working breakfast over the weekend I thank you for your kudos. :)
I do hope you will come to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excellent staff, helpful to the point of creatively opening our bottle of wine for us (a screwdriver was involved!). Although we arrived a bit early we were welcomed and our room was ready. Lovely pool and hot tub. Not noisy or crowded. Great room, spacious, clean, bed was comfortable, well away from the traffic noise although it's hard to get away from the train in Ellensburg - at least it only came through a couple of times. Reliable Best Western continental breakfast in a very pleasant sunny breakfast room. Very reasonable (about $100). Will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Lois-
Thank you for your wonderful review! It thrills me to know when our guests had a wonderful time, were able to enjoy our pool/spa as well as the room. We look forward to your next visit to Ellensburg! Don't forget to come on Saturdays to enjoy our Farmer's Market and wander through our lovely Downtown area as well!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very clean rooms and excellent custmer service,the breakfast was very good,the room was very clean,the beds we'rre comfortable,the staff was very friendly and we would stay there again and recamend it to all your friends and families

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Kelly, I thank you very much for your kind review! I love that you had a great stay with us here in Ellensburg! I will pass on to my staff how much you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel!
We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel
Stewart Lodge
Stewart Lodge
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!