“Good place to rest your head!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Tigard, Oregon
“Good place to rest your head!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice hotel overall. We spent 3 nights while seeing Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge Amphitheatre. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, there was a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. It was incredibly quiet, the room was nicely decorated and clean. They had breakfast each morning from 6-10am (waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, juice, coffee etc) and it was nice to be able to eat without having to leave the hotel. My only complaint would be the parking - not enough!!! The hotel was completely sold out, and every night when we arrived (between 1230-1am) there was not a parking spot to be had. we ended up in a gravel lot behind the main one, and then a slight hike to the hotel. Annoying, and the reason they didn't get an excellent rating from me.

Room Tip: Hotel is 3 floors, so a room on the 3rd floor is the quietest. There is only 1 elevator, but you ca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWEllMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your reveiw of our hotel! I love hearing how comfortable you were while staying with us! I heard that the Dave Matthews concert was fabulous!
I appriciate your honesty in regards to the parking lot being full, and how frustrated you were to not have better parking options. I am very sorry this was an issue during your stay. I will look into how we can better serve our guests under these circumstances.
I look forward to your next visit here with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

It was perfect! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and the rooms large. It has everything including grills outside with picnic tables. Wi-fi worked fine for us on the third floor for our overnight stay. Good location

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWEllMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Robin-
THANK YOU!
I am pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay was trouble free and comfortable!
I cannot express my pleasure by knowing you had a great visit to our area, and stay in our hotel. I look forward to your next visit with us!
Have a great weekend!
Sumner, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Attended a wedding in Ellensburg on the 25th, needed a place to stay, this was convenient and right off I-90. Room was clean, the A/C in this hotel needs a major overhaul....the hallway A/C's were blowing hot air! The internet...well this is the first hotel I have stayed in that it didn't work, probably because of being on the 3rd floor.....had to go to Starbucks to use my laptop...but no big deal to me, I love coffee...the one MAJOR drawback is the lack of parking spaces. If there are 100 rooms, there should be 100 parking spaces. Semi-truck should not be allowed to take up to spaces, nor should motor homes! These two particular vehicles only took up 2 extra spaces, but there was simply not enough parking. I counted 13 vehicles including ours that had to park where they could find space, and none of us were parked in proper parking spaces!! 7 of us were parked in a gravel lot behind the hotel! Not so goods....fix your parking problem...other than that, I have stayed at far worse hotels....oh the continental breakfast was great, and the little gal (didn't get her name) running it was awesome, cheerful, and dang she didn't miss a thing!!

Room Tip: Lower floors will get you better internet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xjigglesx
BWEllMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for letting me know about our hallway a/c units not functioning properly! I assure you I will take care of this matter right away! Our internet was down due to a local outage and I am so very sorry that you were inconvenienced in such a way as to have to go to Starbucks to merely use the internet. I would like to assure you our systems are up and running fully and please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack internet during your stay. I heard that the wedding was wonderful and I hope you enjoyed it fully!
I would like to also apologize for the lack of parking spaces we have.
I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast choices, as I was working breakfast over the weekend I thank you for your kudos. :)
I do hope you will come to stay with us again soon!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excellent staff, helpful to the point of creatively opening our bottle of wine for us (a screwdriver was involved!). Although we arrived a bit early we were welcomed and our room was ready. Lovely pool and hot tub. Not noisy or crowded. Great room, spacious, clean, bed was comfortable, well away from the traffic noise although it's hard to get away from the train in Ellensburg - at least it only came through a couple of times. Reliable Best Western continental breakfast in a very pleasant sunny breakfast room. Very reasonable (about $100). Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lois-
Thank you for your wonderful review! It thrills me to know when our guests had a wonderful time, were able to enjoy our pool/spa as well as the room. We look forward to your next visit to Ellensburg! Don't forget to come on Saturdays to enjoy our Farmer's Market and wander through our lovely Downtown area as well!
Monroe, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very clean rooms and excellent custmer service,the breakfast was very good,the room was very clean,the beds we'rre comfortable,the staff was very friendly and we would stay there again and recamend it to all your friends and families

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWEllMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Kelly, I thank you very much for your kind review! I love that you had a great stay with us here in Ellensburg! I will pass on to my staff how much you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel!
We look forward to your next visit!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

we arrived at noon .. we were told no early check in's. i had blocked out a baseball team full of rooms.. the front desk wouldn't even speak w/ us until 3pm check in.
2 of our families AC did not work. 1 of our families then got moved into another room without working AC, 1 of our families shower stopped working, the valve was stripped.. and our toilet was broken loud running noises. however, my plumber hubby fixed.. :) other than that the hotel was nice and clean. There was a few staff issues, but it was all good in the end..
Kim the GM was fantastic to work with when making such a large reservation.
oh one thing the beds are very soft....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kch101
BWEllMgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We were more than happy to have your group stay with us! I am very sorry that your impression was we didn't want to speak with you before 3pm. We were trying to get more rooms for your group since we knew the one for all to change into was not nearly enough. I was very upset when I found that your group was not as comfortable as you should have been! I thank you that you were all so very patient with us during your tournement weekend out of town! I am again so very sorry that some of the rooms had issues, I would like to say that all of the things you have mentioned have been resolved and were so as soon as we were able to do so!
I do hope that your group will come and stay with us the next time you are in our area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Upon arrival to the Best Western in Ellensburg I received the RED CARPET SERVICE! All the staff were so friendly & positive. Dorothy was especially helpful in finding a great restaurant in the area. This hotel is always so clean and the continental breakfast is the best.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review! We pride ourselves in the comfort of all of our guests!
I am pleased to let my staff know when their efforts made a stay here all that much more enjoyable! I hope you are able to come visit us again very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#5 of 11 in Ellensburg
Days Inn and Conference Center Ellensburg
Quality Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Snowcap Lodge

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!