“Very Average”

Monroe, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Average”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very average, food was just ok, the staff better, but just kinda blaaa and cell signals are very weak ... not good for a business lunch

Visited August 2013
bret44, Owner at Spurs Bar & Grill, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
I wish I could do more here I am not quite sure what to say other than we at Spurs apologize for your average dining experience, we hold ourselves to a much higher standard than your experience reflects. Verizon seems to be the best signal for cell phones at this time, that is what i have and it seems to work just fine, Our internet is very strong tho.
Thank you for your review and we can only say we promise your next experience will be great.

Bret

Dunkirk, New York
“Convenient Location, Average Dining”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We choose this restaurant as we were staying at the Quality Inn and it was convenient after a long day of driving. Our server was both hostess and server and kind of rushed. She had only been a couple of days on the job I heard her say to others. She was pleasant and helpful nonetheless. The food was only fair for the price, a better value might be found elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
We have been told that our prices are very inexpensive for the high quality of food we are puting out, I cant speak for your tastebuds or you feelings about our pricing, but I think if you didnt live in NY and you gave us another chance you would come back. I apologize for your unpleasant experience and again all I can say is that I will personally revalue some costs and see what we could do differently, thank you for your response and we will get better.
thank you.
Bret
Bellingham, Washington
“WELL WORTH THE STOP!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was in Ellensburg at the Quality Inn for a "Celebration of Life" service which was to be held in the convention hall. Eleven of the guests ate at Spurs Bar and Grill on the 5th of July. I have had lots of very bad "Inn" food, so I was absolutely not expecting what we received. The fish was perfectly prepared, very fresh, and beautifully presented. The steak was gorgeous, the portions were more than generous, and the prices were very reasonable. In addition, Spurs catered the reception. Again, it was healthy, creative food, beautifully prepared, piping hot. We could not have received better food or service. Tom, the chef, is superb, and Bret, co-owner was personable and very open to any suggestions to improve the service or food. For a 2 year old restaurant, I think they will do very well. Please help support them!!!

• Visited July 2013
WA state
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch on the way to Seattle from eastern Washington. The waitress was extremely friendly and efficient. The menu was fairly extensive but we were in a hurry so we both just had hamburgers. The hamburger patties seemed to be homemade and were very juicy and flavorful. Everything tasted like it was made from scratch. The hamburger and fries were a little too salty for my taste, but otherwise, it was a very nice lunch. They also have mini flat screen TVs in each booth in the bar, with its own remote control. Nice touch. It is not far off the freeway if you are not familiar with the town and fairly easy to find. When you leave, it is a little tricky to turn left going back to the freeway. We had to turn right and turn around at a gas station up the road to get back in the right direction. Otherwise, a good choice for lunch in Ellensburg.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank indigomoonman
Bothell, Washington
“small and dated but live music and great service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

small and dated but live music and great service. LOcated inside a somewhat dated property but staff attentive and friendly.

Visited June 2013