Lodge at Canyon River Ranch
$119
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$82
$73
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

Comfort Inn(Ellensburg)
$75
$167
$135
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$93
$74
Hotwire.com
$89
$128
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

All reviewshalf bathbeds were comfortablecondofireplaceyakimapropertypool
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wow what a resort. We were greeted with smiles and had the most amazing customer service ever!! We have family in Yakima and this was a nice place to stay since the family comes and visits us at the resort. The view is spectacular and the "things to do" are never ending. Coming from the city I expected med-i-oker service and lodging, but I'll have to say the management has really hit home on this resort. I would suggest this place to stay to any of my friends and family. Really excited to come back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wischmeyer
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Recently had the privlege of staying at this lovely, comfortable, tucked away spot! The views are amazing as well as the staff..very welcoming and helpfull..letting us know in advance of the kitchen and to bring our favorite foods ect...because you will want to just hang out and ENJOY!Totally "vegged" enjoyed the serene setting and will surely return ASAP! Thanks CCR :)

Room Tip: every room has a wonderfull view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tomuchfun53
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is amazing. The combination of location, amenities and nearby recreation opportunities is unmatched by anything else in the area. And the service is top notch. The entire staff really make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. There is an on site fly shop and guide service that caters to both fishermen and hunters as well as a nearby sporting clays course. The hot tub/ pool area overlooking the river is a great place to end a fun day. We have stayed many times and always look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Erik H
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently reserved the wall tents at this facility and could not be more disappointed with the condition they are in especially when they charge $100 per night! I realize I was renting a tent and was not expecting a mint on my pillow...however, I did and should expect a clean and maintained unit.
The tent we were in had a zipper that would not close because it was ripped 1/2 way down. There are rips that you can put your hand thru at two corners and an opening at the top of the wall big enough for a bird to fly in. The floor was also uneven and had a loose board that was at least an inch high at the seam that was very easy to trip over. The fire pits had empty beer bottles in them, cigarette butts were around the site and the trash container wasn't emptied out from the previous guests.

They obviously put all their energy into the lodge but if they are renting and advertising camping facilities, that too should be looked after for guests that prefer to sleep outside rather than at the lodge...after all we are still paying guests!

I am in the service business and would not expect repeat customers if I gave them the service that I just experienced.
I would recommend grabbing a camp site at any of the other camp sites in the canyon before you stay here. I know I will not return and my experience would also keep me from ever staying at the lodge as well.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Alan F
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Last month, I got married at Canyon River Ranch. The way they work that is you have to rent out the entire facility for 48 hours at a price of $11,000 ($6000 for the 10 suites for 2 nights, and $5000 for the facility). In our case, we were supposed to have the place completely reserved from 1pm Friday through 1pm Sunday, as specified in the signed, written contract.

When we arrived on Friday and finished unloading our vehicles, it was close to 2pm. It was about 90 degrees and it would have been nice to hang out at the pool and relax for a little while (since we paid $5k to have the whole place to ourselves), but there wasn't a single pool chair available. I guess the lodge is so hard up for money now that they've started selling "lodge memberships" for $150/month plus a hefty initiation fee, so the pool was full of people we didn't know who hadn't been informed that the lodge was reserved for a private event. My fiance approached the lodge manager at least 3 or 4 times over the course of several hours before he finally rolled his eyes and begrudgingly agreed to clear the pool. Granted, those people did nothing wrong by being there, but that wasn't my problem. Communication fail for the manager.

Two of the suites, including mine, had problems with the door hardware sticking and failing to latch. This meant if you didn't remember to either check the latch or deadbolt the door, it would swing open in the slightest breeze. In the other suite, they had the safety chain secured, but hadn't deadbolted the door and also hadn't noticed the latch problem, and a gust of wind caught the door and pulled the door trim off the wall. Two people saw it happen and I know for a fact that it wasn't a story to cover up some sort of drunken shenanigans. The safety chain had only been screwed into the trim, not the door frame. Construction fail. We informed both the manager and one of the owners about this incident the next morning and were told not to worry and they would take care of it. More on that later...

So Sunday rolls around and we're supposed to be checked out of the rooms by noon, but we still have the facility until 1pm and we had already cleaned up the grounds, so a few of us decide to hang out at the pool for a while until it's time to leave. What seemed odd was that other people started showing up at the lodge well before that time. It turns out they had another event scheduled that actually overlapped with ours. One of their "Tight Lines and Fine Wines" events was taking place Sunday-Monday. Here's a schedule for that event taken from their website:

Day 1:
11 AM: Arrive at CRR Lodge
12 PM: Lunch at CRR
1 - 4 PM: Introduction to Fly Fishing and Fly Casting Lessons
5:00 PM: - Wine tasting and appetizers
6:30 PM: - Fabulous Wine Dinner (bring several of your favorite bottles of wine!)

Day 2:
8 AM: Breakfast Served at CRR
9 AM - 3 PM: Guided Drift Boat Fishing on the Yakima River

So we're paying thousands of dollars for reserved use of the common areas of the lodge and they're double-booking events!

Anyway, we didn't make a big deal about any of that stuff and instead spent the next 2 weeks on our honeymoon in the Caribbean. About a week into it, the manager sends an email to my wife that outlines the final invoice summary. The tone of the email was completely condescending, mentioning how "We were delayed by 3 hours in turning the Suites and Lodge over to the next event" and "some your guests did not see the value in this amazing facility". How he thought he could turn over the facility to the next event on time when he had them overlapping by 2 hours, I have no idea. In addition, without providing any specific details, he levied $720 in additional charges for cleaning and damages. Some of those were legitimate, as a few wine glasses were broken and someone smoked in one of the suites, but others were not. He charged us $100 for the door trim mentioned above, as well as $25 for a supposed broken outlet cover in the Bride & Groom suite (that we definitely didn't break). I could buy 50 outlet covers at the hardware store for $25, and that trim could have been put back up with 4 or 5 nails. There was also 3 hours of excess cleaning at $50/hour. I know what cleaners are paid and it's nowhere near $50/hour.

When we got back home, my wife emailed the manager asking for details on what exactly the cleaning entailed and why we were charged for the door trim that we had already explained was due to faulty construction rather than any fault of our guests.

Two weeks go by...

Still no response from the manager, so I email one of the owners and explain that after spending around $12k at his facility, I'd expect to at least be provided the courtesy of a response. The next day, the manager emails us back and copies all the owners with another condescending email where he didn't answer any of our questions and just said that the charges were "not only justifiable but fair."

Since he still hadn't answered any of our questions about the specifics, I sent him a very professional response and highlighted the original questions that he still needed to answer. I also pointed out that he had breached our contract by failing to provide the facility for the full 48 hours we had it reserved and that I expected to be reimbursed at a prorated hourly amount. Another week went by with no response, so I contacted the owner again. That was last Thursday and now I'm getting the cold shoulder from both of them.

It's really disappointing because I used to really like that place and wish this could have been settled professionally.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family