“An unbelievable experience!”

Lodge at Canyon River Ranch
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were fortunate enough to spend a wonderful weekend at the Lodge at Canyon River ranch. Amazing! Accommodation were wonderful with a fireplace, large screen TV, a kitchen nicely appointed, one and a half baths and two bedrooms! What more could you ask for? All of this with a wonderful view of the river and a lovely snowfall. Heaven!

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here with another couple for a fishing excursion. We checked in on a Friday and checked out on Monday. It rained Friday and Sunday.

The lodge is new. The rooms was very nice with a fireplace, plasma TV, lovely kitchen / dinning area and big sweeping views of the river and cliffs. My friend and I fished while our wives hung out and relaxed. We fished two full days (Saturday and Sunday). My friend and I really enjoyed the fishing and the lodge. Our wives really enjoyed the lodge as well. However, they were going a little stir crazy by Sunday. The lodge is about 20 miles outside a small town. The town pretty much closes up on Sunday. Plus it was also raining so outdoor activities were limited for our wives. So two days of relaxing at the lodge was a bit much for them. They do not fish but they needed a little more activity. For the record, I fished in the rain and had a great day catching trout.

This would be a great place to bring a fishing / hunting group. There is a large dining room and kitchen that is open for anyone to use. There is also a room with a pool table and flat screen TV. I think this place would be a great location for a large group to come to and fish by day and then eat together / play cards and shoot pool while lying about the quantity and quality of fish caught during the day.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank david b
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have stayed here before and it is a wonderful place. If you are into fly fishing then it is an excellent place to go. Red's Flyshop is right there to offer great advice and sell you the flies you need. For the non-fishermen and women, there are plenty of hiking trails, scenic drives, wine tasting tours or just sit in the hot tub and enjoy the view. They picked a perfect location. The wild life can be excellent too.

I am writing though to let you know the quality of the people and management are top notch. Recently, on very short notice, my daughter became very ill and we had to cancel our reservation. Although their policy is that I could reschedule but not get a refund, they were very understanding of the situation and refunded my money. I know, in the future, that I will continue to go here and recommend this place to others.

I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank plarsen111
Travelers also viewed these Ellensburg hotels
14 mi away
Super 8 Ellensburg
Super 8 Ellensburg
#3 of 11 in Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel

Been to Lodge at Canyon River Ranch? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lodge at Canyon River Ranch

Address: 14700 Canyon Rd, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Location: United States > Washington > Ellensburg
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Ellensburg
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Lodge at Canyon River Ranch 3.5*
The Lodge at Canyon River Ranch is an upscale, rustic lodge with 10, 880-square-foot, two-bedroom condos with fully appointed kitchens, and one and one-half bathrooms, each with a private patio or veranda. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Lodge at Canyon River Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.