“It did its job”

Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Good points: Easy access off I-90 and located next to a newer IHOP, which I think may be Ellensburg's only 24-hour food option. All staff members were exceptionally friendly and genuinely ready to help. The usual Hampton breakfast was excellent. Wi-Fi internet is free and speed seemed fine. Hot water and water pressure was no problem. Note: the bathroom included a shower only, no tub.

Slight disappointments: The air conditioner was very, Very loud, but did work well. For whatever reason, the TV remote didn't work (I would guess it needed new batteries. If my stay had been longer than one night I would have asked about it). The bed was quite firm - a little more so than I prefer - but people's tastes vary.

Overall, it's little expensive for what it is but you know you're getting a clean room in a newer building, with an included hot breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Traveling across Washington, we decided to stay here as a good stopping point. We made reservations in advance and good thing as they were closing I-90 for some blasting further west. They had no more rooms for those stopping in. The hotel was beautiful and it does seem like an oasis at a truck stop exit. It is away from all the trucks and kinda back by itself. We got a good night sleep on a comfortable bed. Breakfast was fully stocked and we ate our fill. Overall I would recommend this hotel for those traveling along I-90. Don't know if there is much to do around the area, but it is a good stopping point as there are restuarants around as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to the Gorge last weekend to see Black Sabbath and stayed at this Hampton Inn about forty miles away. The hotel was very clean and well cared for. Serve breakfast each morning, which was your typical hotel fare but good. Rooms are good size and seem to have just been remodeled. Indoor pool, which I guess is ok for some, but I like a pool for sitting out in the sun and considering the temperature here during the summer, it would be nice. What I can't figure out is how they justify the exorbitant price they charge for their rooms; I felt like I was in NYC.

Room Tip: Hotels here seem to fill fast; book early to get the less expensive places. We waited too long.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I drove out of way to stay in the Hampton in Ellensburg. The hotel has a great location with other food services, fuel and easy assess to Interstate 90 either E or W. The room was excellent, clean and I slept like a baby in the bed. The bathroom was very spacious and clean. The breakfast for guest have great choices and the hostess ensures food is hot, and supplied. She did an outstanding job and very personable. The room amenities with internet and TV were excellent. I recommend staying there any time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed in the Ellensburg Hampton over a busy holiday weekend in August. All the rooms in Leavenworth and Wenatchee were booked, so we drove an extra half hour for a Hampton room. The hotel provided the typical Hampton Inn Quality. Check-in was a breeze, and the room was quiet and comfortable even though the hotel is situated fairly near the highway. We got in fairly late, so it was a bonus that there's an IHOP just across the parking lot. The stay was very pleasant, and the hotel, while it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, is conveniently located near Central Washington University.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff was nice and everything about the hotel was fine. The only negative is that the walls are rather thin, and we could hear the person above us clomping around at 5:00 AM. Breakfast had a lot of choice and the front desk staff were helpful. It's a bit out of the way, but not very far into town. Free Wi-Fi is provided.

Room Tip: Try not to face the highway and the third floor would be quieter.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

linens were clean but room and bathroom was dirty. there was dried urine on the bathroom floor. rooms wer quickly vacuumed in main areas but piles of junk/garbage/ dirt on sides of room and beside and behind end tables etc. I love Hampton but this was definately my worst Hampton experience ever.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MDeLozier, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
21 mi away
Timber Lodge Inn
Timber Lodge Inn
#4 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Hampton Inn Ellensburg? Share your experiences!