“What happened?”

Super 8 Ellensburg
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
“What happened?”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Last year (December 2010) I visited this hotel and they had an awesome level of customer service, and I remembered thinking that even though the property lacked the amenities other properties come standard with, that the people made it with it. That is why I chose to stay here again as I passed through, but this time the experience is quite different. It took seriously 15 min for the clerk to show up at the desk, and there were 3 other people waiting when I got there. How long had they waited? The property was less clean, dirty chairs in the breakfast room, stains throughout the hallway carpeting, but most of all when there was a problem with the bill the clerk said he could not make the correction but that I could talk to the manager Monday, which I was okay with albeit a bit irritated. On monday and several days following, I called and left several messages and he never called me back. I don't know where I will stay next time but it won't be here, maybe I will just push through to Seattle.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
ellensburgs8, Manager at Super 8 Ellensburg, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
February 16, 2012
Dark Angel Guy

The two most important things that we have to offer to our guests is the cleanliness of our property and the service that we provide to all of our guests all of the time. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant guest experience that you had when you were here. I have taken steps to insure that the concerns that you mentioned have been taken care of. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Without input such as yours we can not make the necessary changes.

Tom Zett Manager – Ellensburg Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The small town atmosphere of Ellensburg was enhanced by the great service at this Super 8. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The smell of smoke was in the hallways but the room smelt good , and I am a fussy non-smoker when it comes to smell. The blankets could use an upgrade however the old ones where fine.The continental breakfast was okay but they should try to have some freash fruit available. Location of this motel was average for us only because we were visiting family downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Commerce
Reviewed February 2, 2011

decent all except for the silly smoking rooms located on the same floor as the non- smoking what a low class way to desighn the hotel very out dated, if they must allow the use of tobbacco smoke in the hotel then PLEASE place the smokers on the top floor only ~I mean for real ~

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
PNW
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Dirty, worn, dirty, expensive, dirty, poor management, dirty, dirty dirty. Did I mention that it is disgustingly dirty? The carpets in the rooms and halls have more dirt than carpet. I walked from the bed to the shower in bare feet and literally left muddy foot prints in the shower. The towels smell, the bedding smells, the ac/heat units smell and I don't mean a good smell.

The only good things I can say is it is close to Wendys, Taco del Mar and a few others.

There are much much better hotels for better prices right in the same area.

Avoid this one, the owner is just bleeding it for $ with out putting anything back into it. Super 8 should force this owner out of the Super 8 chain.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ellensburg hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 16, 2010

This Super 8 jacks up the prices when there is a concert in the George. We paid $150.00. The room was a typical motel room, however, I've seen much nicer Super 8's and paid a lot less. Thought the room was clean, the bathtub had pubic hairs in it. We'll stay some place else next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2010

This is a typical Super 8, good for an overnight stay.
My one complaint is their attempt at adding $1.50 to my bill for the use of the in-room safe.
The way they do this, is to automatically add the $1.50 to the agreed room-charge, and will only take it off if you ask.
This is known as 'negative option billing', and is illegal in many jurisdictions.
This crude attempt at adding extra charges, gives all Super 8s a bad name.
It is a shame that they do this, as otherwise the property is fine.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this Super 8 on 9/17/09. The room is very quiet and clean. The 25" tv had 70+ channels.
The breakfast offerings were average, They had hot and cold cereal, apple and orange juice, pasteries, muffins, coffee, and tea.
The had a free local newspaper in the lobby.
The biggest surprise was the service. The staff at this hotel were very helpful. The breakfast attendent was ready to refill and item that was depleted.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple