“Worst Service and Food in Ellensburg”

Wing Central's Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ellensburg's family restaurant serving hand crafted burger, great steaks, fantastic kids meals & we offer a full bar with lots of TV's.
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I went to Wing's Central-Roadhouse Grill which is in a slightly different location as the original place, but still the same owners. It was hard for me to judge the food as the salad came after the dinner, the bread never arrived, and when I asked for the whole dinner, my waitress laughed stating simply that she simply sometimes spaced out portions of meals and that I should accept that. Huh??? On top of that, the filet mignon was grizzly and tough. The fresh vegetables were sauteed to a nice crunchy crisp but were dripping in so much oil that they were inedible.

The dinners are $25+ and billed as fine dining. This is not fine dining, it is not even good fast food. If the better restaurants in Ellensburg are closed (as they are on Mondays), keep your money and go get a bowl of soup and fresh bread at Fred Meyers.

2  Thank maddydakinson

Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is my boyfriends choice in town. I like their verde burger. Pretty delicious! Their garlic fries are GARLICKY! Yum! There food overall is prett tasty. I just have to say that sometimes it seems as if the staff hates their jobs, sometimes it takes forever just to get another drink! The happy hour is always a good deal.

1  Thank gypsystar
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stumbled on this place on a drive the across state yesterday, after driving around the downtown area for 40 minutes looking for a Ale House/Brew House type place with food.
After being greeted by the friendly and attractive hostess at the door, we sat in the lounge at the bar and were greeted by an even prettier and friendly bartendar. My wife and I agreed it was refreshing to see someone in the service industry who seems to really enjoy their job. She was great and made the experience better than ordinary (we didn't ask her name, but was listed as Brianna on the reciept, if you read this, you were Awesome!). There was also another pretty server staffing the bar area who appeared to be doing a good job as well.
They have a large local/regional microbrew selection and a good selection on the menu; burgers, sandwhiches, steals, stir fry, wings, salads, wraps and apps and more. Lots of TVs in the bar.
I had a Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich and my wife had a Rueben, both came with "skinny" fries, which are my wife's favorite. Mine was very good, the rueben was reportedly "average".
All in all, we enjoyed the meals and the beers, but the staff is what made it that much better.

1  Thank LUVtheNW
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I went with some friends last week for dinner and I was extremely disappointed. The restaurant was dirty and for not being busy the service was super slow and disorganized. I have been in the restaurant business for quite a while and this is one of the most poorly ran establishments I have been in. The waitress acted as if we were not welcome and I saw very few employees smile, most just looked pissed-off. But the worst part was siting close to the kitchen and having to hear the manager or owner yelling at the kitchen staff in the must unprofessional manor. I am not sure if I should be more upset about the service or the fact that someone is letting a restaurant operate in such a fashion. On a lighter note the food was fine and priced appropriately.

1  Thank bartender377
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We live in Ellensburg, and have eaten here since they opened. What a delight until recently. The french dip was greasy, had alot of grisel and fat and then, hardly any meat, that you could eat, anyway. It was such a disappointment. Then the nachos SHOCKED us. The description sounded scrumptious with black beans, cheese and hamburger.........the presentation was beautiful, but there were about 2 teaspoons of small beans under the chips, along with 2 teaspoons of overcooked, unseasoned meat that looked like it had been in a warming pan for a week. Then they have this "cheese sauce" (like 7-11) and this platter was $10.00!! I know about their 100% guarantee, but not exactly something you want to do with friends or family. And I would of had to turn BOTH of these back. :( I have talked to others I work with, and they say the same thing about the quality; some are not coming back for another 6 months or so.........
The specials seem good. The service is great.